ReefCleaners.org

.: Shaner014's 11.4 | New Photo's! :.

shaner014

shaner014

Nothing new with the tank. Sand still brown, still haven't done much to combat it, WC's every week still, corals are growing and happy.

Lately I play with the camera a lot; and with the nice weather, outdoors! Here's some pics, cause why not?

8714967825_004438e73f_b.jpg
Sperry's by chubbyreefer, on Flickr

8714969015_4b091d6bc2_b.jpg
Decay by chubbyreefer, on Flickr

8714967885_e5d03c5575_b.jpg
Spring by chubbyreefer, on Flickr
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaner014

Nice shoes Shane. Where ya been?

Busy with work. and thanks! Got my first pair of Sperry's!

Deleted User 4

Busy with work. and thanks! Got my first pair of Sperry's!

Sperry's look better without the socks imo. Hence why they're called boat shoes.

New camera means new macro pictures of the tank.

shaner014

Sperry's look better without the socks imo. Hence why they're called boat shoes.

I gotta break them in a bit, hence the socks. I am on my feet all day for work, don't need a blister.

Deleted User 4

I gotta break them in a bit, hence the socks. I am on my feet all day for work, don't need a blister.

You get blisters from it?? I thought sperry's won't initiate such a thing. I know converses do though.

You can always add some cushion in there. How was work lately? Stressful? What do you do again?

shaner014

You get blisters from it?? I thought sperry's won't initiate such a thing. I know converses do though.

You can always add some cushion in there. How was work lately? Stressful? What do you do again?

I have wide feet, so my pinky toes rub.

I administer Radiation Therapy and work at a Bike Shop.

Deleted User 4

I have wide feet, so my pinky toes rub.

I administer Radiation Therapy and work at a Bike Shop.

Wow. Awesome. I'm assuming the bike shop is more of a hobby/side job?

Radiation therapy...It's been a long time since I've heard of it. Radiation is scary as hell man, like I knew this schoolmate in highschool. He was in the same basketball league as me and others. Anyways, he always had his cell phone on underneath the pillow case where he lays his head on every night...and I think in the 3rd year, junior of highschool the doctors told his parents the bad news. Brain tumor/cancer just because of the cell phone radiation consistency. Sucks, he had to do chemotherapy and unfortunately passed away in 1/2 yr later...

Kinda sucks because he was a bright kid and pretty athletic.

shaner014

How is Harvey and Kitty?

The cat rarely leaves the window I leave open, and Harvey is happy as ever. Both have very tough lives, I'm surprised they don't try to run away :rolleyes:

shaner014

Kinda sucks because he was a bright kid and pretty athletic.

Sorry about your friend. Certain exposures lead to some pretty weird things happening with our bodies.

Deleted User 4

Sorry about your friend. Certain exposures lead to some pretty weird things happening with our bodies.

Mmmm he was just someone I knew..just felt bad for the kid.

Cell phones are scary these days. Best to use earphones to avoid that huh. Or have it on speakers.

shaner014

Cell phones are scary these days. Best to use earphones to avoid that huh. Or have it on speakers.

As far as anyone can tell, it's safe enough for normal use (as long as your not driving!). It's really too new and changing too fast to know for sure.

Deleted User 4

I'll just keep myself on the safe side. What about microwaves? I'm sure if you ever use it more than everyday, you're bound to have some kind of cancer lol.

Unless you just have that superb immunity to radiation which some people actually do...surprisingly.

shaner014

I'll just keep myself on the safe side. What about microwaves? I'm sure if you ever use it more than everyday, you're bound to have some kind of cancer lol.

Unless you just have that superb immunity to radiation which some people actually do...surprisingly.

The sun is more dangerous than your microwave.

And there's no such thing as immunity to radiation. Different tissues have different tolerance levels, sub-lethal exposure allows for regeneration, that's the whole reason people don't get one dose all at once, it's broken into fractions. Some people will have more adverse side effects, but it deals more with the body's recovery response than some inherent immunity.

Deleted User 4

The sun is more dangerous than your microwave.

And there's no such thing as immunity to radiation. Different tissues have different tolerance levels, sub-lethal exposure allows for regeneration, that's the whole reason people don't get one dose all at once, it's broken into fractions. Some people will have more adverse side effects, but it deals more with the body's recovery response than some inherent immunity.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I forgot about all the factors....but microwave is still bad regardless. Sun....even worse if you're expose to it all the time. My dad got permanent sun spots just from the sun which he never had from the start...all he really did was do some yard work with no sun screens. Sucks.

shaner014
I think your Sperry's match Kitty. I vote for a side by side picture just to be sure.

I'll see what I can do!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Haha yes. Quick scrape with the duplex by vertex pre-shot.

This brown sand and warm weather has really made my tank take a back seat. I do just the minimum to keep coral growing and the fish fed. At some point in time I need to find the source of this darn diatom? cyan? Brown algae? non-sense.

Oh I see it in the back now! That's the one i have as well; works great and is built like a brick.

I would guess brown algae. Do you stir the sand bed every now and then, or just let it be? I know when i went on my business trip a while back, I didn't touch the tank for two weeks (nothing live in it at that time) and there was soooo much brown. I figure it's algae as my TSB is munching away at it now.

How do you get the glass right at the edge of the sand? I'm trying to figure out the best way without sticking my whole arm in the tank :lol:

Archived