Top Shelf Aquatics

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

I fed my cousin a pickle at like 6 months lol

Me and you both. So how soon do we feed the baby a lemon?

I can't wait for baby tang <3<3 aka Chloe ! :) Whats her middle name?

That garf is beautiFULL.

Thanks! I'm really happy with it and how it's ended up in my tank. I am a little surprised there is that much red in it when I brought it home though. There was very little of that in the store. It might be the 20K MH they use at Rift to Reef that just don't pull out the reds at all.

New Zoas we picked up yesterday for 10$ are starting to open. Feel free to throw a name at these.

Rq6dKiEh.jpg

These look really similar to a frag I picked up earlier this year, no idea on a name though sorry. I do like Kat's naming though haha. Mine have been relatively slow growing, compared to my other zoas/palys anyways.

You're in Australia right? I was looking at your tank and we've got a lot of the same stuff. Orange plates, garf bonsai, Magician caps, oregon tort,

You're in Australia right? I was looking at your tank and we've got a lot of the same stuff. Orange plates, garf bonsai, Magician caps, oregon tort,

Yep, I'm in Australia. Haha, great minds think alike then i guess :). When I get home from work I'll have to google those names haha, I only know what the orange flate and the oregon tort refers to :D.

Yep, I'm in Australia. Haha, great minds think alike then i guess :). When I get home from work I'll have to google those names haha, I only know what the orange flate and the oregon tort refers to :D.

Garf Bonsai:

blId76ih.jpg

rryv.jpg

Mag Caps

C4vX5bZh.jpg

Far right of your tank

ignd.jpg

Thanks for the calrification :D. It's hard to find names locally as I have found we don't really give common names on this side of the pond.

Thanks for the calrification :D. It's hard to find names locally as I have found we don't really give common names on this side of the pond.

Oh don't worry, we don't give common names on this side of the pond either. Everyone just makes shit up and sometimes it catches on. :lol:

Oh don't worry, we don't give common names on this side of the pond either. Everyone just makes shit up and sometimes it catches on. :lol:

Ah makes sense. I should probably find names for the rest of my corals. Do you know of any good coral ID sites?

Ah makes sense. I should probably find names for the rest of my corals. Do you know of any good coral ID sites?

There are a few out there, but I don't keep track of them. Most of my corals I've forgotten their names. They're pretty, they live, and I'm happy. Some names stick, some don't. Orange plate for example is a name that clearly didn't stick, it's just a descriptor. Garf bonsai is something I just picked up so it's still inmemoery, and the mag caps are literally something I got within days of starting my first tank

middle center

12_30_11_FTS_zpsc1741593.jpg

They also decided to go on an acid trip one day and change colors Here they are in yogart stage between full on translucent and pink and dark red mag caps.

0cySnoe.jpg

but are now back to their full healthy colors. I wish I knew what I did to make perfect translucent zoas with bright pink tips like I did for several months. The dfw-nano reef group saw that crazyness in person. and now they've gone back to full fledged normal. Which is a shame as I'm sure i could have made a ton of money off of those if I thought they would stay that color.

There is a list of items I'd like to pick up for this tank. Sadly, several of these i have tried at one point or another in the life of a tank.

I think of things I'd like to put into the tank....

1) ORA Green birdsnest. Large colony of this or #2

2) ORA Green Stylophora

3) Sour Apple

4) ORA Purple Stylophora

5) MIMF Rhodactis Mushrooms

6) ORA Bird of Paradise

Ok, there I said it. I'm an ORA whore. I like there stuff... alright? It's pretty, and not stupidly expensive, and hearty. What's not to like?

Ah fair enough. Those mag caps look fantastic in their pale stage.

That's an impressive wish list, I would also like a few of those pices :).

There is a list of items I'd like to pick up for this tank. Sadly, several of these i have tried at one point or another in the life of a tank.

I think of things I'd like to put into the tank....

1) ORA Green birdsnest. Large colony of this or #2

2) ORA Green Stylophora

3) Sour Apple

4) ORA Purple Stylophora

5) MIMF Rhodactis Mushrooms

6) ORA Bird of Paradise

Ok, there I said it. I'm an ORA whore. I like there stuff... alright? It's pretty, and not stupidly expensive, and hearty. What's not to like?

Try Harry's frags for ORA corals.

I'm scary the way I read y'alls mind. Most of the time it says cheesecake though.

Ooooo I need to make her make some cheesecake, that sounds great!

Archived