SaltCritters.com

wolf eel

winnker

DitchPlains

"Sorry, just thought I'd throw in my point of view since this thread has been so thuroughly hijacked."

Well thats not entirely true at all, the original thread was for wolf eel commentary, the whole ethical and questioning aspect of keeping Mantas or rays in the tank was the owners fault for replying and saying, "Actually, if I could have a dream tank it would have a manta ray in it" Then I replied in kind and very curt and simply with "Some things are too beautiful for captivity!" Finally, with such eloquence he stated, "I KNOW BUTI WANT ONE and I found a place online that sells them lol

Now I Have to Get the Tank HEHEHE"

So the only hijacking culprit was the owner of the thread. Here's a tip, stick to the discussion topic at hand, and your threads intention, otherwise stop wasting space with it. Nice story on Mantas, I got to swim with them as well in The Keys, Bahamas, and The Gulph (during mating season) and at Discovery Cove. BTW Von I think your a douche....lol Yes, as a matter of fact you are the douche of the universe! LOL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Von digity
Originally posted by DitchPlains

BTW Von I think your a douche....lol  Yes, as a matter of fact you are the douche of the universe! LOL

Haha were the hell did that come from? Well, if you say so. Jeez, I can't even think of a comeback from that one, there really isn't anything bigger than the universe... haha again.

Von digity

Haha, this thread is so great! Not only is it in the wrong forum, but it's been up since the 14th, what is today? The 21st? HAHA. It's so far off topic that we might as well start talking about weather and sports.

Just shows how lazy the mods are.

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Von digity

Over at The long beach aquarium/aquarium of the pacific they have a stingray touch pool.  I really thought it was too small for the large number or rays in there, but the rays didn't seem to mind too much.

Rays are such magnificent creatures.  When I was in the Yucatan, I went to a bird sanctuary called Isla Contoy.  Anyways, there was a giant, and I mean giant, sting ray that would cruise the beach around lunch time.  Sure enough, when approached with food, it was friendly. We all took turns hand feeding it and petting it.  Good memories. I would never want to keep something with such beauty and intelligence in an aquarium.  The only way I could ever justify keeping one as a pet is if it's tail was cut off by a fisherman (commonly happens) and it's only means of defense was gone, making it vulnerable to predation. A few of the stingrays at the longbeach aquarium had their tails removed by fisherman.

Sorry, just thought I'd throw in my point of view since this thread has been so thuroughly hijacked.

yeah that isnt even that big... they must have 10+ rays...

im with the the 'guy with the gun' lol (dont want to be shot... lol)

Archived