Innovative Marine Aquariums

*Update* Video of male Blue Spotted Jawfish flashing (finally!)

Miss Nano

I was planning on keeping them after the female starting producing eggs, but since I'm moving; I really don't want to risk anything happening to them. Especially since I will be moving AGAIN after this next move.

I FINALLY got a picture of the flashing! Sorry that they aren't the greatest...I really do need to get a digital SLR.

Oh, I did however get a video though. :) (Please excuse my noob move of instinctively following the male towards the end of the video...lol!).

The male that's flashing in these images is the younger of the two males. He's much more timid (and thus harder to photograph).

flashing1.jpg

flashing2u.jpg

flashing3.jpg
I'll post the video as soon as it's done uploading.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so insanely jealous. I have two false percs and am eagerly anticipating the day when they pair off and make me some babies. Love the BSJF's....but the prices on them are hideous. Best of luck with the future little ones.

I like how people beg for updates, you update and no one replies. :lol:

It's probably because I have horrible crappy blurry pictures. :( Lol!

I'm so insanely jealous. I have two false percs and am eagerly anticipating the day when they pair off and make me some babies. Love the BSJF's....but the prices on them are hideous. Best of luck with the future little ones.

The price on Blue Spots may come down a lot in the future once they are tank bred. ;)

BSJ's are my favorite fish by far. I wish I had the $$$ and the setup for these guys.

Good luck with the sale! I hope they find a good home

Blue spot's are my favorite as well! They are insanely animated fish, and each one really is an individual.

Thanks! I'm really hoping they go to a seasoned breeder.

I can ship them with a different carrier, I just listed upsp as I knew what their fees would be and didn't want to deter anyone since FedEx and UPS is a bit more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

What temp do you maintain in their setup?

In the summer it stayed at 74 degrees, in the winter; I'd let it get down to the mid 60's.

I never let their tank get too warm being as they are subtropical.

Okay, so just an update...a guy from marinebreeder.org got the trio. Unfortunately, the smallest male didn't make the trip. :(

The other male and female are doing great through. If we're lucky, maybe the new owner will post pictures and keep us updated on the other forum.

Also, I'm glad I was able to find them somewhere else to live since I lost 90 PERFECT OF MY CORAL IN MY MOVE (and one fish and one shrimp ). :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived