Pod Your Reef

GaLAthoun's 12g Long.

GalaThoun

Here's some pics of the hammer. Green with purple tips. :D

DSC_0149.jpg

Top down shot.

DSC_0148.jpg

Whoa, it's like two totally different corals :lol: Yay that the tank is wet & starting to get stocked! omgomgomg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know haha, damn its hard for me to photograph leds. i just tested my water and i have amm, nitrate and nitrite going on. :P

looking good in there so far! How do you like that 36" light???

i really like it. Great coverage from end to end and has a sleek look to it. One thing i wish it had was a more blue or purple look to it. but thats an easy fix with may be an actinic strip.

Looks awesome!! Now for some full tank shots!!

thanks the hammer is in my 10g. the 12g long, i just started cycling. so its just rock and water.

pics on page 2

just tested the water a couple days ago...looks like i'm getting somewhere. But of course imma let it ride while i think about what i'm going to stock it with. I really want a b/w clownfish and another compatible fish. But i plan on just keeping mostly softies/zoas/lps in this tank.

CYCLING SUCKS BALLZ!!!!! but at least i got my 10g to keep me occupied. lol.

DSC_0150-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
how are you liking the light fixture? I am planning on buying one for my new 40B tank. Any new FTS?

i really like the light fixture, good coverage and price. but being that it mounts low on the tank i have to clean the salt creep off the light more often. i just added a cuc in the tank so its kinda in the post cycle stage right now. i'll post a fts soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Cycle is over. Added 4 hermits and 4 cerith snails. Dunno what kind of fish I'm going to add just yet. Any suggestions? As for corals, I'm gonna add the acans and some zoas from my 10 gallon. This is going to be mostly a softy, zoas, and lps tank.

11/9/12 FTS

DSC_0221.jpg

Cycle is over. Added 4 hermits and 4 cerith snails. Dunno what kind of fish I'm going to add just yet. Any suggestions? As for corals, I'm gonna add the acans and some zoas from my 10 gallon. This is going to be mostly a softy, zoas, and lps tank.

11/9/12 FTS

DSC_0221.jpg

omgomgomg love that scape. As for fish, what about one of the smaller wrasses? The long footprint sounds like it tends to suit them a bit better than a cube.

omgomgomg love that scape. As for fish, what about one of the smaller wrasses? The long footprint sounds like it tends to suit them a bit better than a cube.

thanks!

6 line. perfect fish for this tank

6 line does sound nice, what other fish are the compatible with?

Just some updated photos today. Got a few corals i fragged from my 10g. Free corals yeaahhh!

Hammer.

DSC_02352.jpg

Xenia.

DSC_0236.jpg

Kryptonites. Got 3 frags from a small colony i brought.

DSC_02372.jpg

DSC_02402.jpg

Acans.

DSC_02382.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

Monti Cap mounted now.

DSC_02412.jpg

Frogspawn.

DSC_02422.jpg

FTS 11/16/12

DSC_0243.jpg

Looks really really good. I'm now wishing I went bare bottom in my 20 long. I read all about the dangers of sandbeds days after setting it up. My rock rubble scape is a detritus trap, not good for the long term.

How do you like working with the dimensions on this tank, esp compared w/other tanks you've worked in?

i really love the dimensions of this tank, but i have to choose wisely where i put my corals. Mostly my lps like hammer and frogspawn. because of my koralia 550 and AC70 i got a turn over rate at about 70x which is blowing crazy hard on my corals making it hard for the tenticles to extend. i just gotta find the sweetspot on my rockwork.

As for other tanks i worked with, i just have my plain 'o 10 gallon which is super simple as far as maintenance goes. After 6 months i'm already running out of room. lol.

Looks really really good. I'm now wishing I went bare bottom in my 20 long. I read all about the dangers of sandbeds days after setting it up. My rock rubble scape is a detritus trap, not good for the long term.

thanks, i really like barebottom for this tank. Gives it a really clean look that matches the quality of the tank. I do have some debris build up but i think another powerhead will take care of it. i hope. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

some actinic shots...why not.

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

AND SOME NEW STUFFS

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

More photos tomorrow when they're out and about.

Added 2 fish yesterday. A sixline wrasse and a royal gramma. The gramma didn't want to come out for photos. It's like he's in the witness protection program or something.

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

Wow! Great pics of the sixline, they are hard/impossible to photograph!!!!!

thank you! with digital cameras nowadays, i just keep clicking and pray that i get atleast one pic in focus. lol.

Nice update! So how is that Finnex light doing? Bright enough to grow SPS up at the top? Hopefully I didn;t ask this before. :o

thanks, i really like this light. as for sps, i have a monti cap up top and where the edges were curled down, its starting to grow out and up just after a few weeks.

Archived