Innovative Marine Aquariums

GaLAthoun's 12g Long.

GalaThoun

Wow! Gorgeous tank and I love your choice of stand. I'm excited to see this with water in it.

thank you! it means alot coming from you. your tank was one of the first inspirations to me whenever i joined this forum. can't wait to get this tank wet and cycled.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank you! it means alot coming from you. your tank was one of the first inspirations to me whenever i joined this forum. can't wait to get this tank wet and cycled.

I'm honored! Glad to see the bug bit you good and you're already onto your second tank. I really love the look of those long shallow rimless tanks. So pretty :wub:

I've been super busy lately so I haven't been on N-R much, but I've decided I need to stop by more often and keep my thread updated. I plan to post some new FTS's of my tank tomorrow evening if you want to check them out :) Good luck with the new tank and I'll be following.

dude get a hob over flow!

im trying to find an ada 90 f. but i cant find one ANYWHERE! i know they exist cuz someone has it on a thread lol

i feel you about the hob over flow. i was looking at the micro-reef complete sump earlier, but i kinda want to run a simple set up so i can help noobs like myself when i first started that didn't understand complicated equipment like sumps and skimmers. if that makes sense to you at all.

I'm honored! Glad to see the bug bit you good and you're already onto your second tank. I really love the look of those long shallow rimless tanks. So pretty :wub:

I've been super busy lately so I haven't been on N-R much, but I've decided I need to stop by more often and keep my thread updated. I plan to post some new FTS's of my tank tomorrow evening if you want to check them out :) Good luck with the new tank and I'll be following.

i was just kidding, your tank is crap! you should give up reefing and sell me your entire livestock for $50. i'll paypal you the money later.

J/K!!! lol. i'm on this site and another local reef club forum more than facebook! haha. I'm really glad i took on this challenge/hobby because i have fun doing it and met alot of great people with the same interest.

i was just kidding, your tank is crap! you should give up reefing and sell me your entire livestock for $50. i'll paypal you the money later.

J/K!!! lol. i'm on this site and another local reef club forum more than facebook! haha. I'm really glad i took on this challenge/hobby because i have fun doing it and met alot of great people with the same interest.

:lol: $50 will buy you a couple frags, but that's about it. I've got WAY too much money is this tank, but don't we all. Haha!

And yeah, when I'm not super busy I'm on here more than facebook as well. Its more fun seeing photos and updates of tanks than photos of drunk friends and status updates about people checking in at restaurants, haha!

• 2 weeks later...

got some equiptment in this week. All i need now is lr and sand. thanks for the pump Gramophone. I also got the background black now. I went with a vinyl sticker from a decal shop. It came out pretty good. alot of small bubbles but i don't really care. Most of my liverock will cover it up anyways.

DSC_0135.jpg

looks nice!! ahhh i can't wait til you set it up! How much was that light?

got the lights for $150 on amazon. pretty good coverage over the 36" tank. we'll see how it does with growth after i get some corals in.

got the lights for $150 on amazon. pretty good coverage over the 36" tank. we'll see how it does with growth after i get some corals in.

awesome, will be looking forward!

Looking good! Now it needs a scape and water! :)

hopefully getting the rocks and sand tomorrow.

question: do i seed the sand from my other tank when i add the sand to my new tank or do i wait till i get some ammonia in there?

Great stuff! Are you keeping that scape?

dunno, it was just a dry...i mean wet fit. lol. i just wanted to get the rocks in. Any good under water epoxy brand you can recommend?

omgomgomg

:lol: i know rite? i'm already getting corals and putting them in my 10g layaway tank haha. Just got a purple hammer with about 5 heads.

:lol: i know rite? i'm already getting corals and putting them in my 10g layaway tank haha. Just got a purple hammer with about 5 heads.

Sounds like something I would do!

Mind if I ask for a picture of said hammer? :P

hmm..i had put them in after lights out so they are closed at the moment. tomorrow i promise.

Like the scape! & I'm going BB with my new shallow-ish too!

kewl, i gotta find a better way to get the debris out the bottom.

• Like 1

Here's some pics of the hammer. Green with purple tips. :D

DSC_0149.jpg

Top down shot.

DSC_0148.jpg

Archived