ReefCleaners.org

Maniac's 10g Teen Mixed Reef (Pics, pics, pics)

Fish_Maniac

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. I know you are in Canada but reef gardeners gets some really good ones in. I think you could make arrangements for shipping maybe. http://www.reefgardener.net/categories.php?category=-Anemones

Doubtful. If they did make arrangements, which they probably won't, it would cost an insane amount. To import live stock, fish, inverts or corals to Canada the shipper is required to have certain permits - which if they aren't shipping constantly isn't worth the $ for them.

It's really only prudent to ship to resellers ordering large volumes often.

BUMMER.

Well thats a shame. I am uneasy about shipping too! When you are this age, coral doesnt come cheap and when shipping is $50 unless you spend like $250 its a big deal. I have only bought online once and almost everything was DOA and I didnt get ny money back!

The beauty about my LFS is that they are a strict SW/reef only store, and they quarantine everything. They dont sell livestock to customers that dont have the proper means to take care of them i.e. they wont tell you a yellow tang is okay in your 30 gallon. Their corals are all dirt cheap and absolutely gorgeous.

That sucks to hear everything was DOA :( Where did you order from?

I should have known. I think it was called "AquaCon".... guess it really was a con lol. Their deals were just to go to pass up... so I thought. 3x3 inch mat of gsp turned into a 1/2 inch lol. 1 inch montipora cap turn into a 1/4 inch. Actually the monti cap did survive but has taken two years to grow to its 7x7 status.

My lfs is overpriced, BUT they do quarentine and usually have great live stock. It is a reef only store too. I think they have 2 5x8 foot runways and 2 2-3x8 foot runways!

20120929_154004-1.jpg20120929_154008-1.jpg

• Like 1
You should try I rock flower! Mine is great! Doesnt move and come in great colors! He is only 5-6inches but they grow REALY fast if you feed them! Mine even releases sperm now he is SO happy lol. Wish he had a lady friend ;)78ba05c32c253583d88b0ca0d05bf217.jpg20121115_191346.jpg3b880e237fe4f66accfb44a58f50b34f.jpg20120904_193528-1.jpgIn this last one you can see that little wisp coming from the mouth. That is the sperm :)
Hence the word teen...... You should t be posting xrated pics of flower nems beeing nasty:P

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard
Hold on how old are you? And how old were you when u got addicted to the hob? And were are you getting this money to keep your addiction going? :) I was 12 when I started with salt fish only . 15 when i started a reef
Hence the word teen...... You should t be posting xrated pics of flower nems beeing nasty:PHold on how old are you? And how old were you when u got addicted to the hob? And were are you getting this money to keep your addiction going? :) I was 12 when I started with salt fish only . 15 when i started a reef
I'm nearly 17, I have a job that pays almost 600 a month on average so that's where the funds come from. I'm not living off allowance like most teen reefers hahah. Everything is my hard earned cash. :)

Really nice tank. I like all the diversity.
Thank you! I try to make it as diverse as possible with as many different colours and textures as I can.
  • Like 1

In other news, a side shot of the tank (please excuse the algae-covered powerhead, it almost exclusively grows on it...):

IMG_20130127_132107_898.jpg

• Like 1
Hence the word teen...... You should t be posting xrated pics of flower nems beeing nasty:PHold on how old are you? And how old were you when u got addicted to the hob? And were are you getting this money to keep your addiction going? :) I was 12 when I started with salt fish only . 15 when i started a reef

Lol! I started when I was 10 with reefing! My money for initial start came from my dad and now mostly from corals that I propagate and sell to the fish store! :) it is low income but I got $160 in my pocket now so I'm not complaining!

Once you get a job it will be that much better ;)

My parents wont let me get a job in the school year because they think that it will effect my grades. And im too young at the moment! BUT my local fish store has already offered me a job (until they knew my age) so i think i have a shoein to work there! :)

My parents wont let me get a job in the school year because they think that it will effect my grades. And im too young at the moment! BUT my local fish store has already offered me a job (until they knew my age) so i think i have a shoein to work there! :)

Id love to work at my LFS but its too small for them to need more than the 3 workers they have, 2 of them being the owners. My job hasnt affected my grades at all, you just need to manage your time a bit better :)

Just noticed my pincushion urchin has been ontop of one of the new acans since I put them in yesterday, Took the urchin off and it looks like he has eaten a good portion of it. :( I dont know if this is normal for pincushions, or if I should just wait to see if they open...

Im actually pretty upset about this urchin thing.

Short-Spined Pincushion Urchin. Are they prone to eat acans?

IMG_20130127_145132_799.jpg

The damage. I think a few polyps are still untouched, but the top part looks pretty bad. What do you guys think?

IMG_20130127_145233_235.jpg

Woke up this morning to find my urchin eating the last of that damaged acan, and my Maxi Mini devouring the remains of my Emerald Crab... As bummed as I am about the losses (my first losses in this tank) I suppose that is the way nature works. I am thinking about taking the urchin back to the store, as cool as he is, hes a bit too destructive for my likes. Maybe trade him in for another Maxi Mini? ;)

Looking good. No i wasnt getting on u for not having a job or where u were getting cash from i was just curious. Sucks about the pincoushin but get him out . Nature is full of wonders we dont know about, was the acan diyin or skeleton showing? If so he must have just been eqting the algea on the skeleton part unless he was eating the actual flesh.

The acan was perfectly healthy. Absolutely beautiful colours. Put it in two days ago and the morning after I find the urchin has removed all it's flesh. I think its finishing the job right now. At least it was only $15. Still sucks though.

Emerald crab was KIA this morning too. I am pointing my finger at the pistol shrimp due to the discovery of claws and bits of shell near their burrow and the body not far away. I'm not too bummed, nature is nature.

Archived