ReefCleaners.org

Maniac's 10g Teen Mixed Reef (Pics, pics, pics)

Fish_Maniac

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks really good, I can't stand leathers but it looks nice :)

Thank you! To each his own, I sometimes regret buying it because it only fits right at the front, but it is such a beautiful piece that those thoughts quickly go away. :) It'll look better once I scrape off that algae... a better FTS is due in the next couple days.

Leathers are kind of like toe shoes. Everyone hates them until they try them, and then you either continue hating them or love them forever.

Considering buying a Maxi Mini tomorrow. Never had nems before, but I feel confident that I could keep them. Think it could work?

What a beautiful scape you have going on. Lovin' it.

PS: You look IDENTICAL to my brother if that is you in your avatar. Doppelgänger found.

• Like 1

What a beautiful scape you have going on. Lovin' it.

PS: You look IDENTICAL to my brother if that is you in your avatar. Doppelgänger found.

Thanks! The scape was kinda just thrown together, whatever fit together went together, and it just turned out pretty nice. Ive had it like that since two weeks after I set it up, no temptation to change it hahah.

I hope being his doppelganger is a good thing... or maybe he is mine?

PS. CANADIANS UNITE

Well you guys aren't the same age, but dang it's crazy! haha.

Woohoo for Canada! How are you finding it for purchasing/prices? I have been so pissed at my LFS lately for how much they jack prices up here. StevieT from inTank saved me over $100 by ordering from him in the US.

Shop anywhere specific that's Canada-wide/online?

Got any pics to compare in a totally non-creepy way?

I shop locally, there is one aquarium store in my city (Burlington) and it is outstanding. It is a reef-only store. By far the best LFS ive ever been to, just by the sheer quality and variety of livestock run by two guys. Prices are amazing too. They have an 8ft frag tank full of big frags all under $15. Im thinking about picking up a Maxi Mini Anemone from them tomorrow, awesome colours to chose from and only $30. All of my livestock thus far has been purchased from them. Not alot of dry goods and equipment but the stuff they carry is basically only the good things that most people use/want.

I have ordered from J&L Aquatics in the past, I can't say anything bad about them. Prices are a little high but they have some good stock. Fragalot.ca is an awesome place for frags too, dirt cheap and huge variety. Ive only been into his place in Oakville to look around but Ive heard some poor reviews on his shipping.

LOL, Well no pics. I'm not too sure he would want me posting his pics all over the internet without his permission. Trust me on this one :lol: I literally did a double take. "Since when is my bro into tanks?!" (he's a snake/lizard guy)

Ah thanks for the info. I've been having a heck of a time trying to find good deals that compare with our neighbours to the south. It's even worse when they ship to Hawaii and Alaska, but totally disregard that we even exist! Blasphemy!

There's some other LFS in my city, that I have yet to visit, so i'll have to check them out. The one I mentioned earlier has great Livestock, but everything else (dry goods wise) is so $

I just ordered from J&L a few days back and received my order this afternoon. I like how fast their shipping is, but one of my thermometers broke :closedeyes: We will see how great their damaged item/return policy is :happy:

Your tank seems to be thriving well. What's you fav. coral so far?

I feel ya. The beauty about being in southern Ontario is that there are loads of reef stores only a short drive away, so I usually buy local to support their business and save money and whatnot. The store I mentioned is right down the road so I havent gone anywhere else since I started stocking the tank.

The tank is doing well considering how low-tech it is. It is pretty maintenance free too. My fave coral right now is either the orange plate or the umbrella leather. Both are just plain awesome.

Do you have a tank thread?

It's nice to see a teen tank that looks grown in. I applaud you.

Thank you! I just put the corals where they would do best and let them do their own thang.

• Like 1

Not yet. I'm actually still waiting for my tank to be made. Custom PicO by Chris. It is also going to be a 10 gallon :)

Have a few more orders to come in as well. Probably won't have it set up for about a month or so unfortunately. I'll let you know when I have one though. I will be documenting it for sure!

Off to the reef store to look at some maxi minis... maybe pick up some frags too!

FTS from this morning, not fully open yet:

IMG_20130126_115139_125.jpg

• Like 2

Its time to unveil todays purchases!

Maxi Mini Anemone!!! Absolute favourite.

IMG_20130126_220437_703.jpg

IMG_20130126_165711_979.jpg

IMG_20130126_165752_782.jpg

Duncans! <3

IMG_20130126_220449_700.jpg

More Acans! Of course the urchin is ontop of one...

IMG_20130126_220510_485.jpg

And of course, the promised FTS:

IMG_20130126_220550_654.jpg

Thanks! I just leave it to the corals to do what they do best...

You should try I rock flower! Mine is great! Doesnt move and come in great colors! He is only 5-6inches but they grow REALY fast if you feed them! Mine even releases sperm now he is SO happy lol. Wish he had a lady friend ;)

78ba05c32c253583d88b0ca0d05bf217.jpg20121115_191346.jpg3b880e237fe4f66accfb44a58f50b34f.jpg20120904_193528-1.jpg

In this last one you can see that little wisp coming from the mouth. That is the sperm :)

Love the rock flowers... next time the LFS gets them in ill probably pick one up... Ill be buying several more maxi minis though... I think im addicted already...

Archived