Coral Vue Hydros

Jackies 5 gallon Fluval Spec

jstuver

TeflonTomDosh

I can't find this tank anywhere on petsmart or hagens website. Can you post a link of it if you can find one? All they have on there are the 2 gallon spec. want1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't find this tank anywhere on petsmart or hagens website. Can you post a link of it if you can find one? All they have on there are the 2 gallon spec. want1

If I find one sure, I found it in my local petsmart

i found that a maxi-jet 606 will fit if you remove the front and back covers from the pump. by doing this you do lose the ability to restrict the flow on the pump but you do gain substantial flow. i havent tried it yet but i think i might give it a whirl this weekend on water change day

Hmm maybe I will check that out. Right now I just have just a hydor pico for extra circulation but if I could get something and not have to have any powerhead in the main tank that would be awesome.

I just took a look at the maxi jet 606 and wondered wouldn't the intake slits be too pressed up against one of the walls and cause problems?

Here is a link to buy one:

LINK to fluval 5 gal

However it looks like its on backorder until Aug. 3

Hey, did you install the stunner yet? Also, the light on this tank isn't rated for a reef, so I guess the LED's will be great. Are you still going to keep the stock light on it?

Hey, did you install the stunner yet? Also, the light on this tank isn't rated for a reef, so I guess the LED's will be great. Are you still going to keep the stock light on it?

Yes I did install the stunner so now it is running that and an ecoxotic panorama that is 12k/445nm my husband made an arm out of aluminum because it doesn't rust and then he has a friend that owns a car collision center that is making a little cover to go over it. It will be pretty slick once its done.

I need to rearrange a few things and will get some new pics up soon.

bdevillier19

love the new pics. i dont think it will be too much of a problem with the 606 squeezed in there. there should be at least 1/8'' between the intake and the wall. there wont be the front grate cover on anymore but i think it should work ok.

I found a website last night as well that had them after I posted, and they're only 59.99 :)

Wow that's a great price!

bdevillier19

i found mine at the local petsmart for $79. so far on my tank i have plugged the lower intake, built a media rack, and today i finally put the mini-jet 606 in as an upgrade to the stock pump. the pump fits really well with the front and back covers removed. the only thing that needed to be done to make it fir was trim the hose by 1". so far the flow is working out quite well. the overflow is actually flowing instead of trickling.

i found mine at the local petsmart for $79. so far on my tank i have plugged the lower intake, built a media rack, and today i finally put the mini-jet 606 in as an upgrade to the stock pump. the pump fits really well with the front and back covers removed. the only thing that needed to be done to make it fir was trim the hose by 1". so far the flow is working out quite well. the overflow is actually flowing instead of trickling.

Cool do you think you will still need another power head in the tank or will it be enough? I am going to order one and am hoping to not have to use the extra hydor Pico power head I have in there as it just takes up room.

Looks so nice! I am following :ninja:

Thanks so much.

I ordered the maxi jet 606 so hopefully I can do away with the Pico power head

bdevillier19
Cool do you think you will still need another power head in the tank or will it be enough? I am going to order one and am hoping to not have to use the extra hydor Pico power head I have in there as it just takes up room.

i think the flow is pretty nice. there is a bit of a swirl effect due to the shape of the tank but ive been playing with it and i think it will be just fine. there tends to be more flow on the far end due to the swirl, and less flow against the overflow wall. overall im happy with it and definitely think its a must do mod.

I had a 404 in my spec, you have to pop both sides of the pump off to get it to fit and modify the intake a bit but it sure works better than the 40gph one it comes with.

I spy a seahorse.. Is it an H.comes I see?

:mellow:

Yes she was in there temporarily, she is now in a new bigger home:-) she was in my nanocube before I moved to this tank.

Had to post a pic of my new anemone. Not sure what type it is but its beautiful, it had been in a Dr. Office tank until recently.

IMG_6136.jpg

Yes she was in there temporarily, she is now in a new bigger home:-) she was in my nanocube before I moved to this tank.

Had to post a pic of my new anemone. Not sure what type it is but its beautiful, it had been in a Dr. Office tank until recently.

IMG_6136.jpg

You know what kind it is? Looks incredible!

I sense a TOTM in the future...

just leave the sandbed uncluttered.

i think the flow is pretty nice. there is a bit of a swirl effect due to the shape of the tank but ive been playing with it and i think it will be just fine. there tends to be more flow on the far end due to the swirl, and less flow against the overflow wall. overall im happy with it and definitely think its a must do mod.

Still doesn't seem like enough flow to me, is there any mod that needed to be done to it other than removing the front and back?

You know what kind it is? Looks incredible!

I don't, thinking maybe some sort of ball or club anemone...

Archived