SaltCritters.com

Singlefin's MakersLed 40B

Singlefin

It's 1/4". 1/2" is a little big for the skinny wrasse and gobies I have. A friend gave me a piece but I'm pretty sure it's the same one BRS carries. I used the DIY screen frame from home depot. I left a 1/2" gap in the back because I have a silent air backup air bubble system coming I the back corner for power outages. It's not super tight, so it's easy to remove for maintenance.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good choice with the anti-jumper screen cover. love mine. so far it is 1/1 at blocking a tail spot blenny attempt ;D maybe more when i'm not around.

Thanks. It makes it a little pain in the ass to feed daily but worth it. Waiting for my algae farm to clean up then I can start mounting stuff. Leaning towards getting a snowflake clown pair. Then I'll be pretty set for fish.

• 1 month later...

Definitely. Finally started mounting stuff. Still have a bit of an algae problem. Things seem to be growing pretty good. Alk and CA. A little low. Started dosing kalkwasser in my ATO. Seems to be coming up slowly. Will post some pics in a bit. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Tang was an emergency add to help with the algae. Not sure if he's doing anything. Will transfer him to a bigger tank pretty soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. 5 is way better than the 4. I didn't have the 4s. Tank is doing good. Ca. And alk are still low. Using natural seawater for water changes. Running kalk in my ATO. Dosing kent buffer every other day or so. Starting to think about dosing 2 part. Still love the light. Getting really good growth.

39DC0E4D-89E2-4C78-A7D5-91ACEE85E589-1710-000001DF3DB46412.jpg

Well, the tank is officially packed. .The problem with having friends with big tanks is that they give you huge colonies not frags. Need to figure out where everything's resting place is going to be. Just picked up the huge ORA green birdsnest in the middle and a couple pink and green millies. Found my mag is low along with my calcium. Alk is finally good. Slowly but surely. Made a temporary drip doser from an IV drip line. This is set to the slowest drip rate. Will see how fast it is.

19C98EA3-F95B-4ADB-A0DA-F1C56ACC8511-4554-000005927995ED58.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my calcium is 470 and alk is 8. finally within range. Was probably low since the start. Water changes weren't cutting it. Started dosing 2-part manually with kalk in the ato. Will see tomorrow how much is consumed in a day. Everything is looking good.

I noticed something wrong with my single head of dendro. Something was sticking out of its mouth. A silverside must have gotten away from an rbta last night. It must've been hungry. It's twice it's normal size. Didn't think it could eat something that big.

A0A27E07-C9ED-4DCF-9B29-4906A55F35E3-7395-000009A16BF9BB14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived