Pod Your Reef

Say Hello to the Coldwater Cornish Lumpsucker (Lepadogaster Lepadogaster)

AquaticEngineer

AquaticEngineer
That thing looks like a cross between a pokemon and a wart skin angler....

I know ain't they cute :D

http://www.fishbase.org/summary/Cyclopterus-lumpus.html

Cyclopterus lumpus is recorded at 61.0cm max, roughly 24 inches; and most specimens appear to be gray with age . The pacific spiny lumpsucker is Eumicrotremus orbis and maxes out at 7 inches. There's also the toad lumpsucker in the same genus that's 3 inches.

also I already reserved a pair, get in line. CW should start a waitlist now to avoid needless bloodshed :ninja:

I don't want to cause a riot but we got a solid lead on another species of lumpsucker as well.

There's no such thing as needless blood shed when it comes to the hunt for the elusive Spiny Lumpsucker :lol:

Wasn't expecting you guys to all the way to Japan for them. It'll be cool if you get in a bunch of different color morphs. Yellow, red, silvers etc...
We're gonna go wherever it takes to get these fish. We've already been looking into flying into Alaska to collect them ourselves if other avenues get too expensive.
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
http://www.fishbase.org/summary/Cyclopterus-lumpus.html

Cyclopterus lumpus is recorded at 61.0cm max, roughly 24 inches; and most specimens appear to be gray with age . The pacific spiny lumpsucker is Eumicrotremus orbis and maxes out at 7 inches. There's also the toad lumpsucker in the same genus that's 3 inches.

also I already reserved a pair, get in line. CW should start a waitlist now to avoid needless bloodshed :ninja:

No worries,

I know you got dibs on the Pacific lumpsucker, I am number 2 on this list! I have to have at least one of them and it has to be this guy in the video!

I need Pokemon working for Micro-Reefs LLC...

He's is the coolest fish I have seen in my reefing experience, just the way he moves and then looks at the Gunnel and then the Gunnel looks at him is priceless.

I have the Gunnel already and they are neat looking just need the addition of the P. Lumpsucker so they can be fiends...

• 6 months later...

Archived