ReefCleaners.org

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI ~ Teh Remayk

Euphyllia

that's an oscar, nothing strange about it. very common fish.

i hear they are BRUTAL and like to KILL other fish

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
that's an oscar, nothing strange about it. very common fish.

Yes it is but the markings are what is special

not really...albinos are a really common variety. see them all the time at petsmart/petco for like 8 bucks.

albertthiel
not really...albinos are a really common variety. see them all the time at petsmart/petco for like 8 bucks.

Well I am not in FW so I was not aware of that ... thanks for pointing it out. I am in SW .... :-0

I remember a long time ago (I think on N-R in a thread about how ORA is doing bad by creating weird clown strains) I saw a picture somebody had posted of a fish that had a flower on it lol. It was really cool. Kinda goes with the rare fish theme. :lol:

devilsadvocate

man oscars are the sweetest fish ever. they are like puppies. :wub:

jedimasterben
I remember a long time ago (I think on N-R in a thread about how ORA is doing bad by creating weird clown strains) I saw a picture somebody had posted of a fish that had a flower on it lol. It was really cool. Kinda goes with the rare fish theme. :lol:

It's called "painting" fish. They knock them out with cyanide and give them a "tattoo" that kills them.

It's called "painting" fish. They knock them out with cyanide and give them a "tattoo" that kills them.

Oh. :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Well now I have a reverse trio. <_<

I have maybe 20 babies in there I guess. Maybe 5 are big enough to be sexed, all female. I probably have two or three males out of the whole 20 lol. Pretty wacky.

Some plants that were more "soft" decayed, which is what was causing the ammonia. I removed them a while ago. Now all of the fish have ammonia poisoning, so... :mellow:

Neue Avatar! :D

wow, the tank looks great euphy! your avatars are always.... interesting. :)

Thanks! :happy:

Nah man, they is so cold they should come on a cone. They take glitches to school and Columbine them foes. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
whatUPdates

Well, one female died, one male died, the other male is on the brink of death and the big female and her three female fry are doing just fine... It's odd. :huh:

Hopefully she had another male or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had to swim for PE. Now keep in mind the pool is right next to a fence that can be accessed by the public. So about 15 minutes into swimming in the lane, I look down and see this oblong green thing. It was less wide at one end than the other. On the wide end, there were some eyes and little bump/lip below them. There were some spots on it. I was like, "Oh, hey, a pool toy." So I picked it up and put it on the deck to observe it closer.

It wasn't a pool toy.

No, it was something sexually explicit. You guys have proved yourself to be not perverted. :lol:

All of my male guppies died because of the halide and there are three females left. I'll get a FTS soon. :P

I could see why you are nice to Jacob: You are both dumb. We don't want to see guppies on our REEF website. We come to a website with reef in its name to stay away from you idiots. You cant even keep guppies alive. Sound familiar? Someone killing there fish?

I could see why you are nice to Jacob: You are both dumb. We don't want to see guppies on our REEF website. We come to a website with reef in its name to stay away from you idiots. You cant even keep guppies alive. Sound familiar? Someone killing there fish?

really? if you look at why my fish died, it was not my fault at all.

Having a tank with bad water. Treating it without researching the fish or fungus it has? Having a tank with no filtration? Yep I can pretty much say it was your fault. My brother with aspergers has a nice fishtank... its not that hard. Also keeping a fish alive is not an achievement.

Well evidently was the halide. I put them in with no cycling, fine. After a few weeks under the halides, they started having issues. I turned the halide off and they all did wonderfully. No fin rot, no hiding in the corner, ect. I turn the halide back on and both males get fin rot and die within the next two days. I stopped putting meds in the tank because I was advised to, so it's not like I was mixing a poisonous concoction in the tank the entire time I had them.

"Joined: Today, 07:53 PM"

Either somebody just wanting to troll, or... You know, I bet it is an existing member that dislikes me and Jacob. They seem to know so much about us. :P

I wonder who... :rolleyes:

Maybe a mod could see what their other account is? :mellow:

Archived