Cultivated Reef

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI ~ Teh Remayk

Euphyllia

albertthiel
Wait I can translate it!

I only want pure bred

:) :) Guess so ... Surprised Euphyllia is setting up a freshwater though and posting on this thread but ....

Albert

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent more than expected! :happy:

Mayul

27zr5i.jpg

Fehmayul

ilzs3m.jpg

I got two males and to females. :D

Wun mayul hash uh largur tayul than teh uhder. Wun fehmayul hash uh largur dorsel fen dann teh uhder.

Group shot with halide dimmed to 25%...

156g5dx.jpg

Halide back off for now. I'll turn it on tomorrow morning. Tank should have cleared by then. :)

Bahaha, when you walk near the tank, the male guppies have to work really hard to get away because of the 350gph current and they have GIANT fins, so they start like vibrating... It's so cute. :wub:

Look at them! They's so purdy and koot! :D

2mxjti.jpg

2d27jmr.jpg

do dem apples have names?

No, not yet. I'm kinda with alto, don't want to name the fish until you know they will live. These guys were put in an uncycled tank (ordered them planning to put them in the GH, but a fish from petco died in there and I didn't want to contaminate these guys so I set up the BC29HQI again) after just a day of being set up, which is why the water is cloudy. They seem extremely healthy, so they should make it. I have some names picked out if they make it past day three, which they should, because they're guppies and I've put guppies in a fishbowl the same day it was set up with treated tapwater and gravel and they lived, so... ? :D

jedimasterben

This reminds me that I need to get some lyretail mollies for my reef. I don't know of any show-quality guppies that will be ok with over 5K GPH going on in the display tank. :)

This reminds me that I need to get some lyretail mollies for my reef. I don't know of any show-quality guppies that will be ok with over 5K GPH going on in the display tank. :)

Haha, the guy with the bigger tail can't even stand 350gph. :lol:

And the accounts I've read of guppies surviving in SW tanks... It's only the females and fry that live. IDK why. All the males the person had died. :huh:

jedimasterben

They actually have a higher survival rate in full-marine conditions. Just low-flow marine conditions lol.

Mollies actually grow larger and breed better in full-marine. The ones I have seen that were full grown in freshwater (3.5" or so) immediately started growing again, reaching over 6". :blink:

why do guppies in a tank as expensive as a biocube? wouldt it be cheaper to just setup a standard 29 and do the same thing for 1/4 the cost?

They actually have a higher survival rate in full-marine conditions. Just low-flow marine conditions lol.

Mollies actually grow larger and breed better in full-marine. The ones I have seen that were full grown in freshwater (3.5" or so) immediately started growing again, reaching over 6". :blink:

Orly? Sounds awesome, a 6" molly, :lol:

Maybe because he already had the tank?

Yes, that is why.

New FTS!

2vkm4ut.jpg

Alto is sending me some plant clipping which should be here on Tuesday. I'm also going to the FW LFS this week to pick up some larger freshwater plants and maybe some driftwood or something. :)

jedimasterben

Euphy, I am dismantling the 26g bowfront I put together recently. I've got a big Amazon sword, some peacock moss, microsword (growing like a weed), and some blyxa japonica. Also some ludwigia repends x arcuata. PM me if you'd like any of that, you can have some really cheap. :)

Euphy, I am dismantling the 26g bowfront I put together recently. I've got a big Amazon sword, some peacock moss, microsword (growing like a weed), and some blyxa japonica. Also some ludwigia repends x arcuata. PM me if you'd like any of that, you can have some really cheap. :)

Thanks much for the offer! I'll let you know if I need more plants, but first I want to see how the tank looks once I get the plants from alto and the plants from the LFS both in there. If I think I still need more plants after that, I'll drop you a PM. :)

Adding some Bio Balls from my BioCube 14 to the middle chamber of this tank for biological filtration. :D

Show guppies are still ugly.

You're just insecure with your looks. ;)

why did you use play sand and not a planting substrate? or is their some under the sand?

Because it was like $4 and planting substrate is like $40... :lol:

They'll get enough nutrients through the leaves. The nutrients from the fish poop will be absorbed into teh plants. :D

Archived