ReefCleaners.org

The Enchanted Forest: My 10g Macro Tank

gena

I just hope when she is rich and famous, I get some credit!

Pics are fabulous! Love the little clowns, I'm glad they made it!

Thanks, Mark! Yep...the clowns are doing great now. I'm glad I wasn't able to catch them that one day to take them back to the LFS!!!!!!! I've stopped worrying about them with the maxi anemones :happy:

do you like the cardinal? I've thought about getting one of them at times.

The cardinal was a great fish. I removed him a few weeks ago though because he ate one of my sexy shrimp. I didn't want to lose all of them. But other than that, a great fish with great coloring.

I finally have an ATO hooked up to this tank. I added the JBJ ATO unit. Just one more thing to make my life easier :happy:

ato.jpg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow the growth pics look great :D And I'm jealous of your ATO, what pump did you hook up to it? I'm thinking of getting that same one. Is it foolproof to set up? :P

Wow the growth pics look great :D And I'm jealous of your ATO, what pump did you hook up to it? I'm thinking of getting that same one. Is it foolproof to set up? :P

I use the Tom's aqualifter pump. It works great!!!! It was a cinch to hook up too. You can get a holder for the pump to hang it off the side of the aquarium. I highly recommend one of those. The pump hanger also has a holder for your top-off water tube, which was always a challenge for me to keep in place over the tank. I got mine on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pump-Holder-for-Th...=item519fb0cba5

Do I even need to say it?? Your tank is beautiful as ever! I love the color combinations you have going on.

Thanks, Matt :happy: I'm loving the colors as well...even more so than the pink/green color combo I had going in the NC12!!!!!!

Looking gorgeous! I'm going to try nabbing some of that Dragon's breath -- the color would really pop in my purple-dominated tank. The pics with the clowns is sooo cute!

surgicalsense
I just hope when she is rich and famous, I get some credit!

Of course you get credit. Always... I have made $14 off the Danyello Macro. I am rich :bling:

... the macro forest is wonderful as usual.

Of course you get credit. Always... I have made $14 off the Danyello Macro. I am rich :bling:

Great reefer = lousy business woman!

Glad to see the cookie monster back!

Looking gorgeous! I'm going to try nabbing some of that Dragon's breath -- the color would really pop in my purple-dominated tank. The pics with the clowns is sooo cute!

Thanks, msscha! The Dragon's breath looks great against a purple backdrop. I have my blue ochtodes, that look purple, behind mine. It's a very nice contrast.

Thanks, Danielle!!!!! Who'd you sell danyello to for $14???? I tried selling mine on Craigslist and didn't get any bites...oh well :lol:

Glad to see the cookie monster back!

Me too :)

Thanks for the tip :)

No problem :happy:

:happy: Looking good. The macros are filling out nicely.

Thank you! Did you visit your friend on my street? I still haven't driven down that way yet to check it out :)

No that was the difference I made when I sold to Sara and Randi combined.

Oh...right :) I want to sell my macros, but I want to give them a chance to get super big and bushy first. So I have some nice sizes to send out!!!!!!

New pictures. I still can't get a decent shot of my clownfish. They don't sit still for even a second :lol:

clowns.jpg

And of course...some sexy shrimp:

sexyshrimp.jpg

sexyshrimp2.jpg

• Like 1

Lets see.......mmmmm......wait for it........OK it just came to me:

Gena D's Itchy Macro Farm

Kinda catchy for a business name, eh?

Lets see.......mmmmm......wait for it........OK it just came to me:

Gena D's Itchy Macro Farm

Kinda catchy for a business name, eh?

:lol:

"Gena E's Macro Farm" ;)

I finally have an ATO hooked up to this tank. I added the JBJ ATO unit. Just one more thing to make my life easier :happy:

And yet, I still haven't bought one. :angry:

Yay for pictures!! I can't get great pics of my clown either and she is only one! At least Gilda will pause for a moment...and both delight in swimming into the picture frame when the shot isn't even about them. I almost bought a new cheap camera last weekend...a Panasonic Lumix with a 16x zoom and a special scene setting specifically for underwater shots. It's not all that expensive (since it would be my throw-in-bag-for-whenever camera), but it didn't load with plain AA batteries, which is way more convenient than having to charge batteries. But gee, an underwater setting? with a 16x macro? Hmmmmm.....

Yay for pictures!! I can't get great pics of my clown either and she is only one! At least Gilda will pause for a moment...and both delight in swimming into the picture frame when the shot isn't even about them. I almost bought a new cheap camera last weekend...a Panasonic Lumix with a 16x zoom and a special scene setting specifically for underwater shots. It's not all that expensive (since it would be my throw-in-bag-for-whenever camera), but it didn't load with plain AA batteries, which is way more convenient than having to charge batteries. But gee, an underwater setting? with a 16x macro? Hmmmmm.....

Ooooh...that camera sounds interesting!!!!!

Grrrr...I need macros asap! You're making me impatient with all of these gorgeous pic updates...lol

Macros > Coral :lol: I picked up a few new ones last week (online). They continue to amaze me. The seller sends them with no water, just wrapped in wet paper towel. When I get them they are very pale, almost white. Today they are nearly fully vibrant red. They are soooooo hearty!!!!!! I can't believe I didn't focus on macros sooner. I was always had tunnel vision for corals...so not the case anymore :)

How did I miss this thread gena!! u know I :wub: me some macroalgaes!

Looks fantastic! :P

Thanks, Maria!!!!!! You will always be the macro queen in my book. I loved your 40b macro tank. You actually are responsible for getting me interested in macros :)

That pic of the clowns was pretty decent, I dunno what you're talking about! :)

It's not bad, but it could be way better :lol:

The macro algae has really exploded in growth!! how's the maxi's coming on? mine's lonely... lol

Hasn't it???? I'm glad you could tell :) Maxis are all good. I had one split on me over the weekend too :) Get your maxi a friend!!!!!

nathanq.inc

Hopefully mine splits as well! then i won't need to shell out for a pal! I promised myself that my recent purchases would be the last for quite some time :).

Archived