SaltCritters.com

The Enchanted Forest: My 10g Macro Tank

gena

I can't find the clear soap dishes anywhere. :( I tried Target this morning and nada. I'm going to try Walmart at lunch. If I can't find them I might have to pay you to send me one! :lol:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JakeJekel37

Love the look of the macros. Coming from a FW planted background, this tank really speaks to me. It looks great, and once I set up a bigger tank, I will definitely be placing some of these in it.

The macro forest is just so stunning -- what great color!! Where are you ordering them from? Not sure I have room for much more, but wow, that red bone is sooooo cooooool.

Thanks, msscha!!!! I sent you a pm.

Its all so colorful, Gena! I've never been that interested in macros, but I guess I didn't realize how many colors there are. I love the pink and green theme in your main tank, but the rainbow colors going on in here are just as gorgeous!

Thanks, Felicia. My husband likes the macro tank better. He says my NC12 is too pink :lol:

Seems to be mostly red though, with the macros. You can get the extra color from sponges and gorgs though.

Both tanks look awesome. I too, am also a planted tank nerd, and have a soft spot for mosses and tetras. :D

Are you planning any other fauna in the Macro tank?

Not sure what more I will add. I'm still thinking. Possibly a porcelain crab. I'm still patiently waiting for my LFS to get me some ocellaris clowns. I may end up having to order online. I want tank raised orange and white ocellaris, a pair.

I'm considering a pom pom crab pair for this tank as well. I'm definitely not done stocking critters yet.

I think I'm going to have macros in all tanks once they grow enough. I just have to figure out which tank will be the 'starter' tank for growing them out! :lol: I went looking for soap dishes tonight and only found white ones. I'll have to try somewhere else tomorrow for the clear ones. As an aside, stop by my 14G thread and see my new baby! :happy:

If you can't find the soap basket, let me know. My Target has them. Try Target if you haven't already.

Looks great as always Gena :)

Thanks, Paige!!!!

Some of the macros look like corals, you got me thinking!

Yes!!!!! They do!!!! That red bone looks like a birdsnest :wub:

I can't find the clear soap dishes anywhere. :( I tried Target this morning and nada. I'm going to try Walmart at lunch. If I can't find them I might have to pay you to send me one! :lol:

I can definitely do that for you :)

Love the look of the macros. Coming from a FW planted background, this tank really speaks to me. It looks great, and once I set up a bigger tank, I will definitely be placing some of these in it.

Thanks, Jake! Maybe by the time you are ready for them, you can buy some off of me! I hope to be able to sell macros at some point.

surgicalsense

Wish bone ... I like that. Okay when can I come by this weekend to pick the macro for Sara. I am shipping her parcel out 21 or 22.

Wish bone ... I like that. Okay when can I come by this weekend to pick the macro for Sara. I am shipping her parcel out 21 or 22.

It might be better for me to just ship it out myself. I'm concerned about it going through so much change from my tank to yours and then 2 days in transit.

I can ship it in a small flat rate box pretty cheaply. I've been wanting to get some experience with shipping live things anyways.

surgicalsense
It might be better for me to just ship it out myself. I'm concerned about it going through so much change from my tank to yours and then 2 days in transit.

I can ship it in a small flat rate box pretty cheaply. I've been wanting to get some experience with shipping live things anyways.

I have the insulated box I made from our last purchase. Then why were we going back and forth about putting ithe macro together to ship :huh: ... okie dokie ... no harm, no foul. I am shipping out next week like I promised, miracle macro and all.

I have the insulated box I made from our last purchase. Then why were we going back and forth about putting ithe macro together to ship :huh: ... okie dokie ... no harm, no foul. I am shipping out next week like I promised, miracle macro and all.

Because I'm wishy washy :lol:

I'll send mine out on Monday or Tuesday. Oh....I guess I need Sara's address :lol: Off to pm land.

surgicalsense
Because I'm wishy washy :lol:

I'll send mine out on Monday or Tuesday. Oh....I guess I need Sara's address :lol: Off to pm land.

I will text you her address, stand by ... Wishy-Wash.

This is looking awesome!

Can you please just put the entire thing in a box/container/etc and ship it here?

I tried Target, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Altmeyers, Big Lots, and TJ Maxx with no luck. I'm going to try Walmart on the way home.

JakeJekel37
Thanks, Jake! Maybe by the time you are ready for them, you can buy some off of me! I hope to be able to sell macros at some point.

I would definitely buy some off you once I'm set up and ready. I plan on picking up a 20L next time Petco has their $1 per gallon sale, that I will set up as a reef tank. Would love to have some of your macros for it.

nathanq.inc

Btw I love the name of this tank and those mushrooms look very similar to the knobbly ones in my tank! Only yours has a more blue base colour to them and mine have started sprouting a greenish frill to them.

I love all macro, gives this tank a very natural feel to it. I tried my hand with macro once but it ended in disaster :(

Have you ever seen your sexy shrimps picking at any of your corals? When I had sexy shrimp I couldn't keep them from eating my zoas skirts. It didn't matter how many times I fed them. I'd love to have more sexies but I'm hesitant to get more.

This is looking awesome!

Can you please just put the entire thing in a box/container/etc and ship it here?

:lol: No! I'm having too much fun with it :happy:

I tried Target, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Altmeyers, Big Lots, and TJ Maxx with no luck. I'm going to try Walmart on the way home.

I'll get one next week for you if you still have had no luck. I think they are under $5. I can't remember exactly.

I would definitely buy some off you once I'm set up and ready. I plan on picking up a 20L next time Petco has their $1 per gallon sale, that I will set up as a reef tank. Would love to have some of your macros for it.

You've got it ;)

Btw I love the name of this tank and those mushrooms look very similar to the knobbly ones in my tank! Only yours has a more blue base colour to them and mine have started sprouting a greenish frill to them.

I love all macro, gives this tank a very natural feel to it. I tried my hand with macro once but it ended in disaster :(

Thanks! What happened to your macros????? So far I've had great luck with all but the gracilaria I got from reefcleaners. I realize now that bright orange color it came in as was actually LOSS of color. It was on it's way out when it arrived!

Have you ever seen your sexy shrimps picking at any of your corals? When I had sexy shrimp I couldn't keep them from eating my zoas skirts. It didn't matter how many times I fed them. I'd love to have more sexies but I'm hesitant to get more.

Funny you should ask. Yesterday was the FIRST time I saw one on my single zoa in the tank. I know they can be real punks with zoas (and other corals) so that's why I'm really limiting the corals I add to this tank. The sexies mostly hang out on the maxis but also love to chill in the macro. They are constantly picking things off the macro. They love it :)

That tank is coo! Fo shizzle! :happy:

surgicalsense

If you were stateside in the USA I would ship you a clump of the Danyello macro. Stuff is pretty hardy.

ScubaEthan
Mushies.....my true loves

tank5-7-12no4.jpg

I know you say these are your true loves and all... but I need some. Seriously. I will buy some from you. I need them for my future mushroom tank :D

You make me sick.
:tears:

I failed to subscribe to this when you first started so I'm behind. I meant this as your tank and your abilities are so awesome they make me sick with envy lol.

Caught my Florida cerith snail making snail egg trails on the wall this morning :) I think it stopped once the lights came on.

ceritheggs.jpg

I wish my snails laid eggs in one place like this. My snail eggs are aalll over the tank and one. at. a. time. ugh.

Ack no! Not Walmart! Dealing with Walmart gives me a headache. You should just check online if you can't find one at the store. Here's one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ABC-Products-Suction...5082&sr=8-7

I got mine at Walmart <_< I just happened to see it while I was there for something else. But I do hate it and try to shop there as little as possible.

I've been wanting to get some experience with shipping live things anyways.

You could always ship me live things. You know, for experience. :P

Ack no! Not Walmart! Dealing with Walmart gives me a headache. You should just check online if you can't find one at the store. Here's one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ABC-Products-Suction...5082&sr=8-7

Yowza, $10?! Here's one I found on Amazon <$10; it looks to be exact one Gena has http://www.amzn.com/dp/B00004S1DJ Also, http://www.amzn.com/dp/B001AXDC7E/ - a taller one if ya needs it.

nathanq.inc

I bought some fern caulerpa and it went sexual on me and died, have no idea why, it only lasted a few weeks in the tank. It's not that easy to get macro's in Britain :/ really only caulerpa and cheato that you can find. If I new a place selling some nice stuff I'd deco give it another shot

Great looking macro tank. The c. barbata and g. curtissae are very pretty. Did your fuchea get an iridescent blue hue to it yet? I know mine was faded out until it was in my tank for a while. Anyways, looks very nice!

I know you say these are your true loves and all... but I need some. Seriously. I will buy some from you. I need them for my future mushroom tank :D

I failed to subscribe to this when you first started so I'm behind. I meant this as your tank and your abilities are so awesome they make me sick with envy lol.

I'll get some of those mushrooms to you soon. I knew you were only kidding about me making you sick!!!!! I was playing too :)

Tanks looks great! I love all of the color! I also dig your FW tank. I might start another high tech planted tank.

Thanks, MedRed!!!!! The FW is a great little tank too. I say you should start that high tech planeted for sure!!!! ;)

You could always ship me live things. You know, for experience. :P

I just shipped to banshee. She's my first. My guinea pig!!!!!!

I bought some fern caulerpa and it went sexual on me and died, have no idea why, it only lasted a few weeks in the tank. It's not that easy to get macro's in Britain :/ really only caulerpa and cheato that you can find. If I new a place selling some nice stuff I'd deco give it another shot

Caulerpa goes sexual very easily. I'm not disappointed that I can't have it here. Although...I think some might have HH in with another macro! I'm pretty sure it's caulerpa...yikes!!!!!

Great looking macro tank. The c. barbata and g. curtissae are very pretty. Did your fuchea get an iridescent blue hue to it yet? I know mine was faded out until it was in my tank for a while. Anyways, looks very nice!

Thanks, keydiver!!!!! It came in with the blue hue and still has it a little. I hope it does well for me. It's definitely a cool looking macro!

This tank should not be off the first page! :lol:

Thanks for the bump :)

Archived