SaltCritters.com

LFS sold this to me as a YWG(#%#WTF#$#)

TeflonTomDosh

and why do you want nto sell the 10 galloon qt tank you just bought.. are you never buying fish again..

YOU NEED A QT .. has this little fiasco taught you nothing?

I don't think the white yellow watchmens are females its just a color mutation.

And it will stay whitish it didn't lose its color. I have had a whiter ywg for almost 2 years.

I don't think the white yellow watchmens are females its just a color mutation.

And it will stay whitish it didn't lose its color. I have had a whiter ywg for almost 2 years.

Google "male" ywg then google "female" ywg. There is a distinct difference between the two.

Fish bro just cause one picture show a white female doesn't mean that's how they are sexed. In that photo just happens the white one is a female. Doesn't mean all the females are white. Google sexing ywg everything you will read will say its not easy sexing them. Not one thing says sex them is as easy as different coloring.

The white ones are just a mutation.

I mean I'd like to ensure he lives and all, but not sure about investing in a QT tank for a 10.00 fish.

Your in the wrong hobby. No matter if you righted yourself buying a qt tank after getting reamed a new one. If this is your initial mindset find a different hobby lol

Fish bro just cause one picture show a white female doesn't mean that's how they are sexed. In that photo just happens the white one is a female. Doesn't mean all the females are white. Google sexing ywg everything you will read will say its not easy sexing them. Not one thing says sex them is as easy as different coloring.

The white ones are just a mutation.

There are many sites on Google suggesting the way of sexing this fish is that the females are more pale in color. Here is one : http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic...-watchman-goby/

Another: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-12/ft/index.php

I do realize there are other ways, but this being the most simple and prominent way. Overall, it is hard, but most breeders have had success with this method.

All your sites are just "suggesting" thats a way to sex them with no definitive information to back it up. Its just coincidence. On your second link he even states he has seen both sexes both colors. Hence its not a way to properly sex them.

Thier are pairs of white ywg. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/lofiversio...hp/t279506.html That being said its not a way to sex them.

White ones are a color mutation. You can get males that are white just as you can get females that are white. Just cause someone states they have a female thats white doesn't make all white ones females.

Im not arguing females are or aren't paler than males. Thats a whole different thing than whites which is what he has pictured on this link. Paler females still have a hint of yellow in them.

TeflonTomDosh

havent seen this fish since the post, no spikes in ammonia either, wonder if it's ever going to come out from behind my LR? :huh:

Archived