Wholotta wawa - 180G Reef - Taste the Rainbow

MikeTR

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30048432665_ed7ceabe6f_b.jpg[

30048432535_f591544a94_b.jpg[/url]

can-you-smell-what-the-rock-iscookingp-w

Time to add some additional room for more sps. Perhaps I'll finally get rid of a rack or two... maybe.. hopefully.. help? lol.. this was most of the rock I removed from those damn brown frown clove polyps. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrn..

30048432095_4baa25c09c_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not many updates in a while.. I found some more cloves growing on the back of a rock. Majorly disappointed about that. Just got around to doing my 3rd water change this year. Had some cyano patches starting to pop up that I vacuumed out so will have to try and step up on at least monthly water changes. About a month ago I ran into a stability issue. Calc reactor ran out of gas which I was able to catch it in time, but did not foresee having a problem with the seal to connect the co2 tank to the regulator. Always happens a few days before I go out of town so while gone I had someone dosing alk for me. Still ended up losing a few SPS frags and some other things are showing tip burn. Kinda frustrating. I'll be better prepared next time, ordered some extra seals for the regulator. Tank is back stable once again and the LPS is lookin nice

31649783286_8901efa889_b.jpg

Fritz salt in the house! Have Friday off yussss... gonna do a big exchange. Have a little recession on one of my scoly's around the edge.. hopefully with a little food it'll bounce back.

30g exchange with the fritz.. mixed up clear and fast no floaters. Didn't feel like testing the params to see what it mixed up to.. just gonna believe em on the 8.5 and 440 :)..

Not many updates in a while.. I found some more cloves growing on the back of a rock. Majorly disappointed about that. Just got around to doing my 3rd water change this year. Had some cyano patches starting to pop up that I vacuumed out so will have to try and step up on at least monthly water changes. About a month ago I ran into a stability issue. Calc reactor ran out of gas which I was able to catch it in time, but did not foresee having a problem with the seal to connect the co2 tank to the regulator. Always happens a few days before I go out of town so while gone I had someone dosing alk for me. Still ended up losing a few SPS frags and some other things are showing tip burn. Kinda frustrating. I'll be better prepared next time, ordered some extra seals for the regulator. Tank is back stable once again and the LPS is lookin nice

31649783286_8901efa889_b.jpg

Beautiful LPS pieces you have growing sir! This is such a beautiful tank, You should be very proud....... Shane

Lots of new salts on the market - what made you pick Fritz?

consistency from batch to batch.. and the numbers are spot on. What really sold me was a local had some triton tests done and water params were much better after he switched.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm... Earl is missing.. these look like battle wounds.

31198125654_cb0b46a225_k.jpg

Here's to you Earl!

16312467977_5b140237fb_k.jpg

16630181975_735cbcc93e_k.jpg

20098679665_8feedcb32f_k.jpg

You're in big trouble mister if you're hiding in the overflow.. although I used my iphone video to take a peak and didn't see ya. :(

Orange passion on point. Luckily it didn't suffer from my alk swing as did the bird behind it.

31916985362_47aa97da3e_k.jpg

Love the hurricane chalice.. yuge

32026114006_1f2b30e957_k.jpg

Mystic sunset.. hard to take a pic of, had to adjust.. holographic polyps and hot pink base.

31255013353_74ed819284_k.jpg

Also took a little ride over to reef gardeners and picked up a whole bunch of stuff.. oh em gee.. got a trach that'll make your panties wet.

Looks good Mike. I'll gladly take a piece of the orange passion should you ever frag it. That brain behind the Mystic is awesome.

Any sign of Earl?

No sign of earl. Brittle stars don't look fat either. I did get about 10 tonga nassarius coincidentally about the same time as his disappearance. I don't think they went after him considering their struggle to eat pellets. I checked around the rim of the tank, on top of the light, behind the tank.. I still haven't checked the overflows other than trying to get some peaks with the camera. I'm not sure how good he might be at hiding behind the pipes. Need someone to help me lift the canopy top up. I will be so happy if he's in there.

Archived