Top Shelf Aquatics

Angler Away! - Wartskin Macro Tank

ccapasso

NirvanaandTool

Only lost 1 ghost with no air pump? Good deal.

Congrats on the T5. How's it look over the tank?

And edit: For macros, ya more white than blue though mine grow fine under predominantly blue LED lighting. I'd say I'm around 14k ish lighting in both tanks and I grow C. Prolifera with no problems.

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T5's aren't up and on the tank yet. They were missing some screws so I couldn't use the legs. No biggie though. I ran out to Lowes after work today and picked some up. Should be able to get light up tomorrow or Thursday.

Back in from traveling. Looks like someone was excited and decided to do a hand stand:

79LRnbl.jpg

Feeding today was hilarious. He had to jump to get the ghost shrimp and did a backflip! Really wish I had the camera out for it!

fretfreak13

We have one of these at the store that looks EXACTLY like this one!!! =O I immediately thought of you and your little drag queen when I saw it.

Holy cow! Nice video - little guy is a vacuum.

EDIT: Really nice looking red/orange painted on DD. You're sure you don't want to setup that second angler tank?

NirvanaandTool

I want an angler now x.x too bad I cant just put him in with my other fish :/.

Sure you can. You just will end up with 1 very fat angler and no other fish. lol

Picked up screws for the light last week and just got around to installing it today.

New FTS:

Y2lGE96.jpg

Questions About Lighting for the Macros:

Right now I have the T5HO (4x24W) set to a 12 hour cycle (on at 8am, off at 8pm). Basically, I have the whites on from 12pm-5pm and the blues on from 8am-8pm. For Macros, would it be helpful to swap that so the white cycle is longer?

I was thinking of upgrading the bulbs as well since they are the default bulbs (2 white and 2 blue) that came with the light. I was thinking of the following:

2 - T5 ATI Aquablue Special

1 - T5 ATI Blue Plus

1 - T5 ATI Purple Plus

or

2 - T5 ATI Aquablue Special

2 - T5 ATI Blue Plus

Any thoughts/Suggestions ?

Thanks Kat. How's that seem to work out for you so far?

Also, may I ask where you got the GE6500 from? I'm not seeing it on BRS. Does it go by another name?

NirvanaandTool

I've got

Blue +

GE6500

Purple+

Blue+

which I got as a suggestion from ReHype.

I'd go with this as the 6500 would really benefit the macros.

FTS looks good. How's the little dude doing?

Awesome fish! love the scape too.

Thanks!

I'd go with this as the 6500 would really benefit the macros.

FTS looks good. How's the little dude doing?

Ok, so where on earth do I find this elusive 6500 bulb, lol? I looked at bulkreefsupply and didn't see anything named 6500.

The little guy is doing really good. He is becoming more and more adventurous and is always exploring his surroundings. At first, he just kind of stayed in one spot, but now he is climbing (or crawling/walking if you will) all over the rocks.

Thanks Kat. How's that seem to work out for you so far?

Also, may I ask where you got the GE6500 from? I'm not seeing it on BRS. Does it go by another name?

I got the GE from a local supplier here. But he is online Gotham Aquatics http://isgon26.ipower.com/

tell him Kat sent you.

It's also available from TB Aquatics

I got the GE from a local supplier here. But he is online Gotham Aquatics http://isgon26.ipower.com/

tell him Kat sent you.

It's also available from TB Aquatics

Thanks. Tried to order from the Gotham Aquatics site but no luck. Called and no answer so I emailed.

omgosh what is it!? :happydance:

Stuff...good stuff...from good people :)

Archived