inTank Media Baskets

fifty50's Reef Octopus 32g

fifty50

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Really nice setup. I have the same tank running just water at the moment. Do you have any issues with sound from the return overflow? No matter what I do I can not get mine to stop making a suction type sound that is way too loud for my TV room. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Really nice setup. I have the same tank running just water at the moment. Do you have any issues with sound from the return overflow? No matter what I do I can not get mine to stop making a suction type sound that is way too loud for my TV room. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Thanks! let me know where your tank diary is and I'll tag along!

I replied to your PM about the overflow silencer, but it's really just a matter of playing with it to get it to the most silent position. having it in the dead middle of the pipe opening is not the best position i've learned.

Thanks all. Tank is doing well. The chromis bit the bullet though so I'm back to the pair of black ice clowns as the only fish in the tank. Just been letting things grow out and try to not be lazy with water changes! Haha. Will need to add more fish though and hope they stay alive this time around.

• 2 weeks later...

figured it was time for some updated photos. enjoy the growth pics! tank is just shy of 6mo old at this point.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

FTS 10/23/12

IMG_0088.JPG

• 3 months later...

it's been a damn long time since i've posted photos of the tank. it continues to do well. since the last update i've added new frags as well from local frag swaps. starting to run out of space!

here are a few quick iPhone photos from left to right..

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

better photos to come in the near future. put an order in to finally add some more fish to the tank. also some berghia nudibranch to take care of the aiptasia that are starting to come back!

Wow, those palys have multiplied triples since then. Btw, do you still have the bta?

Yea. It's fun to see what takes off growing and what's slow. Zoo's and some sps like the tricolor and red planet have flourished. Others are taking their time, slowly encrusting on the rock before growing out.

• Like 1

How's the rose bubble tip anemone doing?

Yea, rbta is doing well! Been in the same spot since it was introduced to the tank.

Ordered some fish to finally add to the pair of clowns in the tank. Get the new adds tomorrow. Midas Blenny, 3 blue/green chromis and a linkia star. Woo!

• Like 1

I've been out of the hobby for a couple of years and ready to jump back in. I was leaning toward the IM Nuvo 38g until I ran across this thread. Your tank is awesome! I'm now rethinking my options.

I've been out of the hobby for a couple of years and ready to jump back in. I was leaning toward the IM Nuvo 38g until I ran across this thread. Your tank is awesome! I'm now rethinking my options.

Yea, I considered the nuvo and jbj rimless aio's before I got this tank as well. I got the reef octopus right when it was first released when not much info was available on them; hell, there still isn't much. I have no regrets though. Let me know if you have any questions on the setup.

I when with the Nuvo and now I'm considering selling it to buy this set up..lol

Question how high is the stand and tank together from floor to the top if tank .

I when with the Nuvo and now I'm considering selling it to but this set up..lol

Question how high is the stand and tank together from floor to the top if tank .

just shy of 60". cabinet is 40" and the tank is 18" tall.

I found a LFS that is checking on a price for me on Monday. They are getting ready to place a RO order so I'm hoping my set up will be included. Tagging along for inspiration!

I found a LFS that is checking on a price for me on Monday. They are getting ready to place a RO order so I'm hoping my set up will be included. Tagging along for inspiration!

Good luck with the order and thanks for tagging along. Today I ordered a Maxpect Razor 120w led fixture for the tank to replace the t5's!

That light is awesome and will look great on your tank. Are you going to hang it?

i'll be using the tank mount. i have high ceilings so ceiling mount would look a bit silly. that, and the fact my wife is against the idea as well :closedeyes:

Hey Fifty quick question is there room in the sump area to hang a TLF 150 reactor?

what're the dimensions? you have lots of vertical space in the cabinet, you're just limited on the footprint. take a look a few pages back, i posted a pic of the sump/cabinet. let me know if that helps.

Archived