mygolfisslow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just joined... Pic to come :)

Still trying to figure out a schedule

Im 9" above a 12" depth and Natural Mode at 40% max right now

I'm 8 inches above water on 24 inch deep tank at 25% max 12k setting. Any more I bleach my SPS. Everything seems happy at this setting

Here's my latest EcoTech build

Nice! What programme are you running? I have 2 G2s 8" above my 55 and was running 50 % Natural Mode 10 am - 9 pm for a week and have had lightening in my birds nests. I am trying 40% 11 - 9 to see if that works better. For a 36" tank, 2 fixtures is a lot of power but I needed 2 for the coverage.

Hook'Em2006

Nice! What programme are you running? I have 2 G2s 8" above my 55 and was running 50 % Natural Mode 10 am - 9 pm for a week and have had lightening in my birds nests. I am trying 40% 11 - 9 to see if that works better. For a 36" tank, 2 fixtures is a lot of power but I needed 2 for the coverage.

I'm running a custom program. I have them max out at around 65% midday. I've had them up for awhile, but have to keep dimming back down due to bleaching. I have lights on from 8:30am till 1:30 am. Mind you it's all moon light from 7-1 ad then from 11:30-1:30

Note, added my first SPS to the tank, fount it stating to bleach. At 35% Natural Mode, may go down more though

i have my 24 inch deep tank running max at 25% hanging 8 inches above the water. i had corals bleaching at 40% and coloring back up at 25%.

I'm running a custom program. I have them max out at around 65% midday. I've had them up for awhile, but have to keep dimming back down due to bleaching. I have lights on from 8:30am till 1:30 am. Mind you it's all moon light from 7-1 ad then from 11:30-1:30

Note, added my first SPS to the tank, fount it stating to bleach. At 35% Natural Mode, may go down more though

i have my 24 inch deep tank running max at 25% hanging 8 inches above the water. i had corals bleaching at 40% and coloring back up at 25%.

Thanks for all the input - I'm out of town again until the weekend but I'll see if I have more bleaching or not and go from there. It's strange how some set ups are at 25% and others at 100%. I know it depends on other factors such as number of fixtures, water depth, coral types and placement too.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to connect via bluetooth/wireless to the lights from the computer to make changes, rather than connecting the USB cable each time?

This looks like it could be very. very cool!

Yay. I've been waiting for an Ecotech controller. I may have an Apex for sale in 4 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been out of the hobby for over 4 years and I decided to jump back in with both feet. I just got a Innovative Marine Nuvo 30g, a Radion XR30W Gen 2 and about 1523lbs. of Manado LR. I am going to set up my own tank thread over the weekend and I will post pictures when the tank has cleared up (just put sand in). Blurry, but decent FTS and my thread is now active too.

My Reef Build and Info: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/329002-psiferrets-im-nuvo-30/

Psi's Chateau Reef

Edit: (FTS)

F341609E-A590-414B-84D0-BA998AF36A9D-4857E5B4C02-2973-4A39-A28C-5CDBD7DDDB60-485

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd share a snippet of information.

I really love the lights but am very unimpressed with the lack of information about programming them. The manuals are minimal and there aren't any pop up bubbles or anything when you mouse over the various settings. I know there's the support community which does have a lot of information but it takes a lot of searching with mixed results.

I have been running natural mode which mimics daylight. The colour spectrum and intensity vary throughout the lighting period to represent what would occur in the ocean. There is a depth setting which allows you to choose from 0 and upwards in 3' increments. I never knew what this was and left it at zero. I found out (from a search on the support community forum) that the depth setting simulates different depths in the ocean so the deeper you are (the higher the number you choose) the more blue the spectrum of the light is. Also, the intensity drops slightly with increased depth. Apparently a 12' setting broadly correlates to an 18K look during th emiddle of the cycle.

This seems quite obvious now I know but when I was dealing with hanging the lights and working out photo period and intensity that insignificant little depth drop down didn't seem important.

I have adjusted my maximum intensity down from 35% to 30% (as some of my corals still haven't recovered their original deep colors) and set the depth to 6' for a slightly bluer spectrum. I really like the look a lot more.

Hopefully this will help anyone else new to this and using this lighting mode.

BeardedReeferLLC

reeflink-ecotech-marine.jpg

The ReefLink from Ecotech Marine we first reported on through a discovered trademark filing is real and is expected to enjoy a big unveiling at MACNA this weekend. The first revealed photo of the ReefLink doesn’t show much of the device, but it shows a very critical part which allows us to infer quite a bit about what the ReefLink can do.

Going by the sticker on the underside of the ReefLink, for all intents and purposes the ReefLink appears to be a router for your reef tank! History has shown us that Ecotech Marine has developed its own ZigBee wireless standard bundled into the EcoSmart line of products which includes all the VorTech pumps and the Radion lights.

The FCC information sticker on the ReefLink clearly shows both a Wifi MAC Address and an Ethernet MAC Address, and it certainly has one of the Ecosmart wireless daughterboards inside to be able to speak the language of Radions and Vortech pumps. Naturally we expect the ReefLink, as its name implies, to be a link between Ecotech Marine products and their thoroughly developed Ecosmart Live cloud-based controlling platform.

The full suite of features and services associated with the Ecotech Marine ReefLink is anybody’s guess but one thing is for sure, that we along with more than 2000 MACNA attendees will get a good up close look at it in Florida this weekend. Stay tuned!

Archived