inTank Media Baskets

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

Make sure you guys read the terms and agreements CAREFULLY and not just sign up. You are paying $99 for the unit with free shipping but as far as the unit goes, it's "As Is".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you guys read the terms and agreements CAREFULLY and not just sign up. You are paying $99 for the unit with free shipping but as far as the unit goes, it's "As Is".

They contact you before charging and shipping it. I am not sure I really need this thing but I signed up anyways :D

I signed up when they released it at Macna. Read everything and willing to give it a go as is.

It is very interesting that Ecotech is getting into the controller biz, especially when many already have an Apex that will soon enable Radion control through their WXM module.

BeardedReeferLLC

It is very interesting that Ecotech is getting into the controller biz, especially when many already have an Apex that will soon enable Radion control through their WXM module.

It is... I don't know what to think of it sometimes. WXM is the cheaper route but with the reeflink there is a endless controlling route with making your Radions and Vortechs work as an unstoppable work horse. Yes you can control EcoTech products with the Apex but you can have some fun with the Reeflink. :P

Basically if you hate messing around with coding on the Apex the Reeflink with its drop in programming is easy and simple.

It is... I don't know what to think of it sometimes. WXM is the cheaper route but with the reeflink there is a endless controlling route with making your Radions and Vortechs work as an unstoppable work horse. Yes you can control EcoTech products with the Apex but you can have some fun with the Reeflink. :P

From what I read, the Apex fusion firmware update will allow simultaneous syncing between vortech and radion? I assumed it would be the same thing more or less.

BeardedReeferLLC

But in actual fact its just like Apple coming out with their own Airport router.

Same goes with Ecotech. If your a Apple junky will you settle for something off brand? Of course not you want to represent your Apple products. It's all a money game.

From what I read, the Apex fusion firmware update will allow simultaneous syncing between vortech and radion? I assumed it would be the same thing more or less.

True, I forgot all about that and yah it will be similar.

But in actual fact its just like Apple coming out with their own Airport router.

Same goes with Ecotech. If your a Apple junky will you settle for something off brand? Of course not you want to represent your Apple products. It's all a money game.

I will admit that I own three expensive Ecotech Marine products, but I really don't think I will make an investment in their product line again aside from buying used. I am pretty jaded with their version of "upgrading" the Radion; essentially they are trying to milk the consumer even more after we have made a large investment in their product line. I had assumed when info on the Radion had been released that the consumer, and not Ecotech, would be able to upgrade the LEDs, fans, etc. I am very disappointed that at this stage Ecotech has made it impossible for us to upgrade without going through them, and their fees. I may change my tune if Ecotech starts selling new LED pucks so that I can upgrade my gen1 Radion on my own for a moderate fee, but until then I will not support them further.

Do I like my Radion? Absolutely. Do I feel cheated? You betch'a. Will I get a Reef Link? No way.

BeardedReeferLLC

I will admit that I own three expensive Ecotech Marine products, but I really don't think I will make an investment in their product line again aside from buying used. I am pretty jaded with their version of "upgrading" the Radion; essentially they are trying to milk the consumer even more after we have made a large investment in their product line. I had assumed when info on the Radion had been released that the consumer, and not Ecotech, would be able to upgrade the LEDs, fans, etc. I am very disappointed that at this stage Ecotech has made it impossible for us to upgrade without going through them, and their fees. I may change my tune if Ecotech starts selling new LED pucks so that I can upgrade my gen1 Radion on my own for a moderate fee, but until then I will not support them further.

Do I like my Radion? Absolutely. Do I feel cheated? You betch'a. Will I get a Reef Link? No way.

I hear yah. I may try out the Reef Link though myself but I too feel that they have me by the teat milking away. And I do feel if they keep going this way they can have something else they can milk. lol

Sure jump on in, great looking setup you have there. What Gen are your Radions?

Gen1 on the right ... Gen2 on the left. I want to upgrade the gen1 but its hard to go with out your light. I may sell it and put that towards a Gen2 ... Also own 4 mp10's on various tanks.

Nice!

I'm thinking myself about upgrading my Radion to Pro once I move next year.

The pro's are boss. If money weren't an object I would do pro's ... what's everyone's lighting schedules like?

BeardedReeferLLC

I have my Gen 1 w/ TIR lenses running at 45% on the shallow reef setting. This is on my 35G Cube w/ it running 9" off water line w/ great growth. 7am-7pm

MOM! , i want in on this club! lol I just got my radion. I dont have any schedule to share but figured id show how i hung mine over the tank. I don't like the wire hanging so i made my own light fixture out of conduit, and aluminum.

I have my Gen 1 w/ TIR lenses running at 45% on the shallow reef setting. This is on my 35G Cube w/ it running 9" off water line w/ great growth. 7am-7pm

wow ... I'm running mine in growth mode about 10 inches from the water line at 65% in a 75 ... maybe I need to jack em up ... My Redplanet looks more like a Maroon planet ... LOL

MOM! , i want in on this club! lol I just got my radion. I dont have any schedule to share but figured id show how i hung mine over the tank. I don't like the wire hanging so i made my own light fixture out of conduit, and aluminum.

Very nice.

What do people think of the reef link?

I have mine installed and running. It's ok? I mean I can program my lights via wifi and not have to use my USB to connect to them via ecosmartlive

Hey guys, very seriously contemplating going with a Radion over one of the Reefbreeders fixture for my 34g cube. Is the PRO a must have or is it something I can hold off on for the time being? LED's in general will be a huge upgrade as I am currently running a 24"

4x T5HO AquaticLife Fixture.

Hey guys, very seriously contemplating going with a Radion over one of the Reefbreeders fixture for my 34g cube. Is the PRO a must have or is it something I can hold off on for the time being? LED's in general will be a huge upgrade as I am currently running a 24"

4x T5HO AquaticLife Fixture.

I have 2 Gen 2s over my 55 gallon. I would have preferred the Pros but the cost was prohibitive. To be honest, if I didn't know about the Pros I would be completely happy with the G2s - they are highly controllable and I am seeing good colour and growth. I think the G2s are on sale at a couple of retailers at the moment.

Archived