Top Shelf Aquatics

3G Pico+Full Spectrum Light!

boxboy

looks like the tank is coming along

Yes, Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

At least the corline is growing lol

Next step is waiting for axrylic aio 7.5gal to show up in the mail.

Stock it with live rock for a few weeks. Then slowy stock it and build a stand to hang my 1' Vertex light over it.

Then? Who knows

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
those last gobies almost look like cichlids..."shellies"

i used to be a cichlid nut....lol

Aggreed. I used to have 55g full of chiclids. Sold it to make room for new baby. baby is now 2 and im addicted to salt lol

What type of wrasse is this?

_T2eC16JHJHYE9nzpcwE8BQ_Y0YqsUg_48_20.jpg

Also whats the going price for Yasha haze goby and shrimp pair?

Was offered the Fish/shrimp pair for $38.

Almost looks like a hogfish.

This i believe Bodianus mesothorax, black belt hog fish. Juvenile color pattern.

Almost looks like a hogfish.

This i believe Bodianus mesothorax, black belt hog fish. Juvenile color pattern.

Thanks. Its crazy looking haha.

Ive decided. Im looking for a un-usual types of Shrimp/Goby pairs for my new build. any ideas NR?

Whats the name of this shrimps?

image030.jpg

Pistol_Shrimp.jpg

Np. I love pistol shrimp but i had one in a 5.5 and man did it destroy my tank lol.

Glade you had fun before he destroyed things.

All pistols tend to re decerate?

bigger ones love redecorating. they make sand dunes and sand storms and move all the coral on your sandbed. also they like to steal an shells you have laying around. mine took all the shells i laid out for my hermits and stocked them in his cave. never saw them again until i tore down my tank...so he will take small frags too.

just get a randalls

that hogfish is awesome looking!

2012-07-14104539.jpg

2012-07-14104615.jpg

Advise on how to improve this tank? Any suggestions will be great and valued!

This is how it sits as of today!

The way these pictures showed up, it looks like you have a pico, with a huge sump. :)

Hey Kat, Hows it going?

Haha Nice about the pico sump, But sadly no.

Thats my 10gal full of rock and not much els lol. just keeping it alive for another build.

Pico tank is only 9" cube all sides. Hob filter is only extra thing attached to it.

Ive been serously thinking about drilling pico cube and using 10for sump tho. Ive already got a return pump from my old 46gal setup and skimmer ect. Ill post a pic in my sump thread of the sump I want.

Hope everthing with your sump is going well Kat.

Maxi mini jamed itself into some rocks. Hopefully it comes out.

2012-07-16142146.jpg

A Rocrida Mushy and what looks like a harry mush behind it.

2012-07-16142123.jpg

Thats it for todays Livestock being added.

If maxi comes out fully. ill take n upload more pics.

aquemeni5110

Nice DIY tank! I was running the same skimmer but decided that I was better off without it. Are you using filter floss? I can't tell from the pic and might have miss it in previous posts. I use and change filter floss weekly after I complete a wc. I also run a bag of carbon and dose nano-reef (2 part) once a week. It's been working well for me and the water appears really clean.

I like the PVC surface skimmer/overflow add on but why did you remove it? I was thinking of doing the same except I would probably dremel teeth at the top.

Nice DIY tank! I was running the same skimmer but decided that I was better off without it. Are you using filter floss? I can't tell from the pic and might have miss it in previous posts. I use and change filter floss weekly after I complete a wc. I also run a bag of carbon and dose nano-reef (2 part) once a week. It's been working well for me and the water appears really clean.

I like the PVC surface skimmer/overflow add on but why did you remove it? I was thinking of doing the same except I would probably dremel teeth at the top.

Yes I used floss and carbon :) I change it every 3days. still using skimmer just be on the side.

I stoped using pvc overflow because it acted like a sump, so water would evap fast and cause bubbles all over the place.

I just change water 20% ish weekly. seems to work great.

Thanks for checking out my thread :)

aquemeni5110
Yes I used floss and carbon :) I change it every 3days. still using skimmer just be on the side.

I stoped using pvc overflow because it acted like a sump, so water would evap fast and cause bubbles all over the place.

I just change water 20% ish weekly. seems to work great.

Thanks for checking out my thread :)

I know what you mean. I was able to fix that problem by putting my float switch for my ATO inside the overflow area. Looks like this:

http://www.nanotank.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...776&start=0

Of course, you would need to use a bigger PVC pipe.

Try drilling a small hole towards the middle/lower end of the pipe. This will take in little water and your overflow will act less of a sump and still skim the surface of your water.

Just a thought. :D

I know what you mean. I was able to fix that problem by putting my float switch for my ATO inside the overflow area. Looks like this:

http://www.nanotank.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...776&start=0

Of course, you would need to use a bigger PVC pipe.

Try drilling a small hole towards the middle/lower end of the pipe. This will take in little water and your overflow will act less of a sump and still skim the surface of your water.

Just a thought. :D

Nice, I will try that. Will for sure have a better overflow on the upcoming 2nd tank.

Also check this out.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3960103

• 3 weeks later...

Archived