Coral Vue Hydros

3G Pico+Full Spectrum Light!

boxboy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somone please ID this sps frag. Would be helpful.

sorry for the cell pics. I got less than what was ordered. but only cost $16.00 so I cant complain.

2012-05-31101720.jpg

Looks like Acropora Gomezi to me. Should possibly have coloured tips, blue?

Edit: I am now thinking more Acropora Parilis due to corallite structure.

Thank you NT about the ID and

Thanks Marc about the stand.

my stand could look alot better to be honest. but hey we are only looking at our tanks anyways right.

Marc, Im thinking about changing doors to light grey clear pexiglass and Yes I should get a peice for the top also.

Im currently waiting for my new advanced acrylic 7.5 nano.to come in the mail. should be 2weeks till its here. Im also waiting on a second par lamp from the suppler.

i still hate your pink polka dot crab.

So I discovered one of my acro crabs in the blue Ochtodes today! I took the clump and shook it off on a birdsnest. Silly crab

lololol Kat, Its alright. I still want most of your corals. only changes my corals have gone through is mushroom making babies.

My last tank was an Advanced Acrylic (look at my 12g link in sig). The tank itself was nice. I wouldn't get acrylic again though. My recommendation is to never use any sort of magnetic cleaner or brush. The only thing that I found that didn't scratch the hell out of it was a magic eraser. The AA guy is prone to dropping off the face of the planet, and there have been issues with him in the past that you can probably find on this forum pretty easily (hint, he is using a new name on ebay).

Still, when you get the tank itself its likely to be good quality and I'm sure you will be happy with it once you have it.

My last tank was an Advanced Acrylic (look at my 12g link in sig). The tank itself was nice. I wouldn't get acrylic again though. My recommendation is to never use any sort of magnetic cleaner or brush. The only thing that I found that didn't scratch the hell out of it was a magic eraser. The AA guy is prone to dropping off the face of the planet, and there have been issues with him in the past that you can probably find on this forum pretty easily (hint, he is using a new name on ebay).

Still, when you get the tank itself its likely to be good quality and I'm sure you will be happy with it once you have it.

Thanks for the tip on cleaning the tank. Was wondering about that.

I do know that this guy is hard to find once you make an order. but for the price I could not say no. also Im giving home them benfit of dubt. Payment clear to him through paypal july 6th. shipping I can understand 2weeks at most. from U.S to Canada. so im hopful. If no contact from him or no tank in 2 weeks time. ill file report with paypal. never had to do this yet either. so lets hope.

Box, keep us posted. I knew about the issues with responsiveness and AA prior to ordering my tank and ordered it regardless as well :D. They are really great values and mine was constructed well.

Best of luck with the tank!

Box, keep us posted. I knew about the issues with responsiveness and AA prior to ordering my tank and ordered it regardless as well :D. They are really great values and mine was constructed well.

Best of luck with the tank!

Thank Gabe, Im looking forward to this tank also. Planning a dwarf gobie reef, If I can find some nice speices.

Right now the 3G Pico is doing well. its only got 3 corals and a few mushrooms and 2 hermits for cuc. So whater changes are few. All natural LR filter and floss with skimmer, keeps water NICE. All tests comfirm good prams. Im on the look out for simple ato and need to build a fixture to hold me par lamp. Some exciting news tho. My contacts are sending me a NEW FULL spectrum 24w par38 dimmable with remote that has some amazing features. Features only a controller can do. but without the need for a controller.

Ill test this lamp for a while and once specs and paperwork are out of the way. Ill relese it to pubilc. for now Ill tease you all with photos. once I have it in hands. Any suggestions on acrylic tanks, ATO, gobies and anything els is alwaysba great help.

I'm stealing your stand design for my 120 gallon ok thanks! hurry up and get this tank going!

HahaNICE! Yeh for sure use the same design. will be cool to see it made for 120g reef. I tryed to make it ada style. Well its kinda the same idea. just alot taller.

Payment for new tank is pending till July 9th :(

I already have a ton of other stuff for it tho. Going to try and use an oversized pump for return and not have the need for a powerhead in the tank. How much flow or GPH is needed for a aio tank. 12x14x10 with 4" aio back wall.?

Can anyone help me find more info in this list of gobies?

Help add to this list?

Advise Compatability with species and reef safe.

Any that stay under 2"max full grown.

Im willing to pay whatever it costs.

I know there is a post someplace about livebearing reef gobies also.

My new tank will be goby reef :)

Thanks guys n gals.

Dwarf pico fish list.

elacatinus dilepis (Orange side goby)

Eviota smaragdus (Ear-spot pygmy goby)

(Red head goby)

Trimma Sp. Gobies

Bryaninops dianneae (Fiji sponge goby)

Bryaninops yongei (Seawhip goby)

Gobiosoma illecebrosum (Barsnout goby)

Luposicya lupus (Yellow sponge goby)

Pleurosicya sp. (Pink sponge goby)

Trimma benjamini (Benjamin's goby)

Valenciennea decora

Valenciennea puellaris (Orange-dashed goby)

Valenciennea strigata (Bluestreak goby)

Bryaninops natans (Purple-eyed Dwarf Goby)

Trimma benjamini

Trimmatom nanus 

Grallenia baliensis

Thorogobius ephippiatus (Leopard spotted goby)

Valenciennea strigata (Bluestreak Goby)

Here is the source link for Some above info with photos:

http://www.ryanphotographic.com/gobiidae.htm

So my supplier tells me he can order any gobie on this list without issues.

So, Can anyone tell me if anything in this list would be a bad idea for 7.5gal nano. temps 78.0-78.9° soft,lps,sps reef.

Ive been researching. looks good so for for most of them. Im only getting 2-3 total.

The only thing i can tell you from my past experience with owning different species of gobies in the same tank is they are sometimes more territorial than their description implies. You may have issues with aggression among certain species once they are acclimated to the tank.Unfortunately theres really no way to predict this behavior but its very likely to occur in such a small tank . Just a heads up..

The only thing i can tell you from my past experience with owning different species of gobies in the same tank is they are sometimes more territorial than their description implies. You may have issues with aggression among certain species once they are acclimated to the tank.Unfortunately theres really no way to predict this behavior but its very likely to occur in such a small tank . Just a heads up..

Even to there own kind?

ahhh shiiii...

Was thinking red head goby and 1 other type

Ok I think im down to the last ones to pick from.

Ill be getting 2 of the same species, unless its not possable. or a mix of 2 species..

Either way Ive got extra tanks to use at the worst.

Callogobius cf amikami

post-10328-0-11792100-1331776157.jpg

Luposicya lupus (Yellow sponge goby)

Luposicya_lupus_Yellow_sponge_goby.jpg

Red headded gobie

Elacatinus_I_RR1838.jpg

Not shure what size the last fish is here?

2939.jpg

Any suggestions on how to keep water in this pico, sparkling clean?

Using:

Feeding 1 time weekly Pellets and Reef Roids.

Bio cube 29 skimmer

Carbon in bag

Top fin 40 filter, Not even half way up for flow.

2 Nass snails (1 is tiny baby)

sand star fish (its being re homed this week)

2 hermits.

Too many pods to count.

Bi weekly 2 gal water changes.

Should I change water more? Add more CUC? ect. any advise pls.

2012-07-14104539.jpg

2012-07-14104615.jpg

Advise on how to improve this tank? Any suggestions will be great and valued!

This is how it sits as of today!

Archived