Innovative Marine Aquariums

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

It has to be the nem. Nothing else is MIA. Hubby is plumbing the 40B right now. My water is just about ready so I'll be tearing apart the back chambers and changing as much as I can now. Hopefully the 40B will be cycling this week.

I'm sorry this is happening....but at least you'll have your 40b up and running sooner than expected!!!!!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's like the gods are demanding you build that 40 ASAP

Best of luck to ya, hope everything survives

+1

Sorry for the mess, I am glad your getting the 40 up and running though. Going to beat me to the punch aren't you! :lol:

surgicalsense

:o ack - ick. Sorry... excellent thing you jumped on the 40 sooner then later.

I will get the macro to you with in 3 weeks, this way you can have your 40 running and just toss it in their after your cycle.

Thanks RC and Candy!

Look what is now on the buffet where I hope it will live for many years to come! :happy:

40B-1.jpg

Hubby is taking the shelf out of the buffet so I can fit the sump in tonight. Then I just wait for my gl@ssh0les order and finish the plumbing! :D

With the way the two tanks are sitting there side by side . . . I'm thinking the BC could be plumbed into the system to make a really nice refugium. I can totally see a lovely display of macros in there.

ScubaEthan

Sorry about the nem :( I look forward to seeing that 40B though!

With the way the two tanks are sitting there side by side . . . I'm thinking the BC could be plumbed into the system to make a really nice refugium. I can totally see a lovely display of macros in there.

+1

Thanks all. I think I saved everything else. I did lots of water changes. I would do about 50% and then change the filter floss and wait an hour. Everything was still cloudy so I kept repeating until it finally cleared overnight. Everything looks fine as of this morning with no losses. My corals are even starting to open again. I'm going to change the filter floss again tonight and run params but I expect everything to be okay considering how everything looks. The 40B is now sitting half full because I used most of my water to save the BC livestock. It's okay though because I'm making sure the 40B and the stand are up to holding water. Once I get some more salt and get more water made I'll fill it up and test the plumbing. Then I'll be shopping for sand and more rock. The 40B absolutely dwarfs the rock I bought. My daughter and I played around with zip ties to make an arch last night. I built it as big as I dare and it looks really tiny in there. So I'm thinking I'll order some BRS rock and play with it. I may be out of fun money for awhile though. Plumbing, lights, baffles, and all the goodies really put a dent in my reefing budget. I still think I can have the 40B running in June though. It'll just be cycling until then.

So Cool!

I am planning on moving everything next week, but we will see, it all depends on when I can get the plumbing done and run a few leak tests and false power failures to make sure I have no floods.

Glad you got it all under control, that is the only reason I don't have a nem! I am worried of what they can do to my tank.

I'm going to add some macro to the box you are getting from Danielle. That way you won't have to pay for double shipping :)

Is your 40B all plumbed now?

I'm so glad everything survived the ordeal!!!!! Sorry you had to go through such a stressful weekend :(

Yay for macro! Thanks Gena and Danielle! The 40B is all plumbed. Hubby did an awesome job with it too. He put in ball valves on both the drain and the return. He put the controls facing to the side so I can just reach behind the edge of the tank and they're right there, no crazy maneuvers necessary. I am going to wait until his next day off to fill it the rest of the way up. That way if there's any plumbing leaks he can help fix them instead of me just going into panic mode. Hopefully he did a good job though! :lol:

Yay for macro! Thanks Gena and Danielle! The 40B is all plumbed. Hubby did an awesome job with it too. He put in ball valves on both the drain and the return. He put the controls facing to the side so I can just reach behind the edge of the tank and they're right there, no crazy maneuvers necessary. I am going to wait until his next day off to fill it the rest of the way up. That way if there's any plumbing leaks he can help fix them instead of me just going into panic mode. Hopefully he did a good job though! :lol:

You are welcome!!!!! What macro do you have now, so I dont send you duplicates.

It's so nice having a handy man around the house. If I was to ever plumb a tank, my husband would be the one doing it as well :)

I have what I think is grape caulerpa (botrycladia) and another red macro that I have no idea what it is. The green macro I have I think is codium. I only have about a 3" snip of each so anything you can spare is more than welcome! :)

Looks like everything survived the nem's misadventure into the rear chambers. Both fish, my cleaner shrimp, and the pom pom crab are still kicking. Snails and hermits I can't keep track of anymore but I guess I'll see how many there are when I move to the 40B. All the corals seem to be okay too except all the red on the brain is now see-through/white. The green areas are still green so it's weird. Hoping it will perk up soon.still having heat issues so it may not be happy until I get everything to the other tank anyway.

Sounds like the brain bleached! As long as it's not losing flesh, you should be able to bring it back fingerscrossed

I should be able to send you a nice little sampling of macros :) I've got quite the collection now!

When are you moving it?

Pics of the plumbing! And I know Panic Mode but I do 90% of the work on the tank, he just does the heavy lifting and cutting for me. ;) And he loves watching me, must be something about the woman getting down and dirty with him! :lol:

I don't know if I can get pics of the plumbing now. The 40B is in place and filled to just below the bulkheads so moving the stand would be pretty much impossible. My hubby just needs to seal the bulkheads somehow because when I filled up to them it started leaking, just a couple drops. After he does that I'm going to run a few days with just water to make sure there's no more leaks. Then I'll add sand and more salt. I ran out of salt so I've just been adding RO/DI the last couple nights. I filled slowly over the last few days to make sure the tank and stand are as sturdy as I thought. I'm hoping to buy some BRS rock and then start cycling. Hopefully the actual move will happen in June. I got the light set up last night and bought sand so I'm slowly heading in the right direction. Going to once a month paychecks killed me though so the next couple weeks will probably just be getting the plumbing and flow worked out and tweaking things as needed. I'm going to look into adding a skimmer too. And then I need to look into a DIY screen top so my daughter can get her firefish. I'm still working on a stocking list that will make everyone happy.

I'll try to get one tonight. It looks kind of silly with the stupid arch I built out of the dry rock from the LFS. I need to pull that out and tear it apart. I might throw in the sand too since I know the bottom 2/3 of the silicone hold water so I shouldn't need to drain it dry again no matter what we find with the plumbing or top silicone. Hopefully hubby did his job well and there won't be any issues! ;)

Mixed up a water change tonight before I ran params but didn't need it. Everything is in check except calcium was a little low. Added a little calcium to the tank and now everything is perfect. Nitrate is still less than 5 so I'll wait for the weekend to do the change. Went ahead and fed mysis to the tank and silver sides to the mini minis. So enough of the boring stuff, here's some pics:

May10004.jpg

May10005.jpg

May10006.jpg

May10010.jpg

May10011.jpg

May10016.jpg

May10017.jpg

May10019.jpg

May10028.jpg

May10014.jpg

May10023.jpg

Wow -- great rics! Don't they make the best pictures? They look all modern-alien-artsy :D.

I love my rics! My 40B is going to be ric heaven! :lol:

Keep hang'n in there that build! Love those rics!

Thanks! I'm working on it. I really messed up my budget for this month. I got a $200 parking ticket and I had to pay our babysitter $350. Blew all my fun money on the necessary evils and now I'm having to slow down on my build. But next month it is ON! :happy:

I love my rics! My 40B is going to be ric heaven! :lol:

Thanks! I'm working on it. I really messed up my budget for this month. I got a $200 parking ticket and I had to pay our babysitter $350. Blew all my fun money on the necessary evils and now I'm having to slow down on my build. But next month it is ON! :happy:

Holy moley!!!! $200????? That's a steep ticket!!!!! I think I paid $40 for the one I got way back when :lol: Sorry to hear that!!!!!

The pictures look great :)

Archived