Coral Vue Hydros

Devil's 40 Breeder

devilsadvocate

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
devilsadvocate
Your tank is starting to look absolute amazing! Love the new clam and that red polys SPS

thank you! means so much from a guy with a tank as great as yours!

I got gha,bubble algae and aptasia when i left my tank with my mom):, think yourself lucky (: and like they said beautiful tank

yeah im not horribly worried about the gha, itll go away with time. and thank you :)

my next addition will be a nice "rainbow" wellso to fill my sandbed.

my paycheck next week should be like ~190 so i should have enough fingerscrossed:D

devilsadvocate

i got a flower pot monti colony today, needs to color up, but aleady looks great.

i also got a huge green with purple eye acan. along with a red planet frag, a green milli, and purple tort.

i need more coral epoxy. :)

devilsadvocate
where are the pics?? those frags sound way too good to be true.

soon. my dslr body is at my moms, and the lens i need is at my dads.

devilsadvocate

I took down the sump. Re-doing everything. First off I'm buying a new return (mag3) this will solve my over flowing problem. Second I'm gonna put a baffle for the return pump, if it pumps too much I'll only pump a fraction of what's in the sump. On the other side of the baffle, I'm gonna start a fuge, with a DSB(about 40lbs) and some rock. Should look pretty good after. I'm also thinking of some not reef safe invert, mantis? Teddy bear crab? I donno yet.

I have a Mag 5 on my tank and might upgrade to a Mag 7 in the near future, your tank is bigger than mine so I would consider getting a more powerful pump. If you really wanted I could send you my five for free (u pay shipping) it is clean, working, and only used for a few months...

devilsadvocate

good news and bad news.

good news, algae is going away. only one patch left.

bad news, my forest fire monti is bleaching. :( i think its the salinity swings because im doing topoffs manually. i donno, but i really dont want to loose this piece :(

Do what I do, buy the $100 JBJ ATO (or be cheap) use any old pump lying around like the one your replacing. Cut a 1" hole in the top for pump wire and plastic siphon tube to run out and have it hanging above your sump (NOT IN WATER OR ELSE IT WILL BACK SIPHON)

If you don't wanna buy RODI water or make it, I have three buckets, I go through one a week MAX, this way the water I use has been sitting stagnant and covered for at least 3 weeks, by that time it has somewhat distilled, color has changed and taste has changed.

For a investment of $100 MAX you can save a future $500 worth of coral and allow the current ones to be happier and or grow. You can see my setup on my thread if you want, but you get the overall picture. GL :D

devilsadvocate

i was using the ATO from digital aquatics, i just shut it off because the sump is down.

new pump came in, gotta go get some acrylic id like to get the sump back up by next weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
devilsadvocate

tank crashed a couple days ago.

heater failed, temp went up to like 105 degrees.

percula, ywg, maroon made it, all other fish, and inverts died. the fish are at a friends house in her holding tanks.

a couple corals made it, and the ones that did are starting to bleach in my dads tank.

both of the clams are looking good.

so now im restarting. gonna start the new cycle tomorrow.

Archived