ReefCleaners.org

Custom Graphic Design (Signatures & Banners)

TinyGiant

So this is where all the sweet sigs are coming from!

I'm a designer and wish I had thought about this. I won't step on your sales. Good luck B)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha thanks man. its a nice creative outlet that fills this boring winter (the wife and I have a plowing business) it hasnt snowed all month.. which means i'm not currently working :(

last night I emailed a guy selling some corals on craigslist and told him to come over to our local forum and try to sell them. We got to chatting on a thread and eventually he found my graphics services on one of the other boards on our forum. mind you this was at like 3am last "night" He then proceeded to tell me that the company he works for is creating a new department and needs a graphics saavy "media manager" which basically will take corporate logos and product labeling and just organize layers in photoshop, take existing logos and images and make vector versions.. etc all fairly easy stuff. Its a 100% work from home job and i can work whatever hours i want as long as the tasks get done. I literally am on photoshop probably 3-4 hours a day for fun. I'm really hoping this pans out.. it would be awesome to do graphics as an actual job for a huge informations technology company. I'd be designing logos for some huge global companies and starting pay would be quite high lol. so random. all because i decided to help some random guy try to sell a ton of GSP.

thanks! i did some of the test work today and had no issues. its super easy stuff. the job basically now exists because the existing department heads have been doing graphics work when its not their actual job. The people doing the designing are designing great logos and such but they arent organizing layers and making an easy image for the advertising and product department to use. WHen they blow images up for large print they get blurry or even worse everything is so unorganized that they cant find what they need. My job will basically be organizing the files and creating vector images of existing logos.

The guy i talked to is the a consultant working as an informations manager.. when another department needs something they call him to find it. But because he is graphic saavy when he finds the stuff they need and its not in the right format or size or resolution it ends up slowing the whole process down and they aren't meeting their client and product deadlines. So they need someone who can create graphics quickly and help them meet deadlines.

hopefully that guy will be me :) would be a total financial game changer.. and probably still enable the wife and I to continue with our landscaping company mowing as we do now in the summer.

You're right, that does sound super easy for anyone that can move between Ps and Ai well. B)

Here's hoping they choose you!

I hated Ai when I first started but you can do so much more with it.

its easy enough to work with vectors right in photoshop. The pen tool is the most useful thing in the arsenal. I recreated a logo today in like 30min. most of the time was just mapping out all the vector layers. recreating is so easy. its just basically draw below the existing logo with the pen too. when you are done hide the original layer and presto vector version.

i think the most rewarding thing will be sticking it the colleges by grabbing a job like this with knowledge acquired from google and youtube lol

its easy enough to work with vectors right in photoshop. The pen tool is the most useful thing in the arsenal. I recreated a logo today in like 30min. most of the time was just mapping out all the vector layers. recreating is so easy. its just basically draw below the existing logo with the pen too. when you are done hide the original layer and presto vector version.

i think the most rewarding thing will be sticking it the colleges by grabbing a job like this with knowledge acquired from google and youtube lol

haha good luck hope it works out!

godfathernikki

Cool! Good luck!

Learning directly from people successful in their field allows you to learn much more much quicker however, don't discount the value of a good teacher.

Learn AI if your going to be working with vectors. You can use them in PS but AI has a significantly more robust toolset.

woot! put my first 7 hours in today :) they gave me two projects that needed to be done quickly to see if i could handle it. I worked faster than they accounted for and slam dunked the designs. today was done freelance until they get the official offer to me :) keeping those fingers crossed. lol

godfathernikki
woot! put my first 7 hours in today :) they gave me two projects that needed to be done quickly to see if i could handle it. I worked faster than they accounted for and slam dunked the designs. today was done freelance until they get the official offer to me :) keeping those fingers crossed. lol

Awesome! If it pans out (or even if it doesn't- knock on wood!) Look into getting an account with Lynda.com. It costs money, but no where near the cost of a degree(trust me on this one) and there is a lot of good information, beginner to some fairly advanced concepts. They cover almost any software you'll run into as well.

I have heard of friends doing this before. Went back to work today Tiny. Got the first spring clean up under our belt. Heading out tomorrow to re landscape a patio area for a local brewery. Monday starts round 1 of chemical applications. Hope you get rolling soon.

Archived