Coral Vue Hydros

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

so I shoulnt have 2 clusters, Just one big one? what sort of pattern should I use for the cluster?

14 RB and 8 4.5k? sounds about right?

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my tank is 92cm long 55 high 41 wide anyone got any idea on colours i shud chosse and heat sink for this size tank im ordering the 48 kit dimable

Heatsink i would probably do 2 different heatsinks if i were you. How many drivers are you planning on doing? that would play a little factor in color choice. Add some violets in there to mix things up a little bit. Def some lower k whites - a red in each cluster should help nice.

well i emailed ray an he said.....Yes, 2 of 18cmX30cm are perfect for 48 LEDs.

as for the color ratio, we recommend 8 white 10000K, 8 white 6500K,
20 royal blue, 4 red, 4 green, 4 actinic violet.
it would be about 14000K look. do you lot rekon this is ok? and i dont know what optics for the leds but will hang it about 8 inch off the water

oh an this is the kit im getting http://www.aquastyleonline.com/products/48--LEDs--DIY-Dimmable-Kit.html

jedimasterben

my tank is 92cm long 55 high 41 wide anyone got any idea on colours i shud chosse and heat sink for this size tank im ordering the 48 kit dimable

So your tank is approximately 36"x16"x22". The 48 kit should be adequate.

12x 4500K

24x RB

4x deep red

4x cyan

4x cool blue

And I would add another 8x true violet or so.

I'd highly, highly recommend staying away from the 10,000K and 6,500K chips. Use only 4500K. Do not use green, use cyan.

jedimasterben

oh right i thought 4.5k would be to yellow tho? thanks for the ratio tho man what have you got over your tank? any pics

Throw out everything you know about color temperature.

I do not use Aquastyle chips.

Maybe time to ditch my nanocube whit aquastyle leds and get a little biger tank whit a Razor. Aquastyle is great but razor seems like a nobrainer whit the low price

Jedi, now that i have enough algae removed from the glass i can show you a pic of the candy cane - its a slow painful process.. but it really looks like im starting to win the war with this last water change.

IMAG1206_zps23fba395.jpg

Pink/teal candy cane doing very well - a little dark over in the corner i got the pic from but no sweat

and it obviously looks pinker in person than the photo can do - i hate the garbage white balance on cellies

• 1 month later...

So I have the dimmable 14LED kit with 7 white (1000k) and 7 blue on my 6 gal edge. Corals are happy but I wish they have better colors. I ordered this setup before I knew any better. I want to switch out the 1000ks for some 4500k + colors and the blue to royal blue. How does this sound...

7 RB on driver #1

4 4500k, 2 cyan, 2 red, 2 actinic violets on driver #2

I'm guessing it's ok to mix the bridgelux and epileds on one driver right?

Suggestions please. Thanks.

im about to order from aquastyleonline but i tried contacting them if they could instead of sending half blues half whites add violet and red and cyan to amke the ocean coral white but they havent responded me is there a way to contact them easier as i would really like to know if they can send the combo i want instead of half blue half white, im really ansious to get my order from them alkready

HI i joust bough the 24 led kit and for the life of me cant the quick connect dont work either i cant pinch the thing right or it just doesnt work . DOES anyone have a build thread step by step on them or can link me to the page where it explains how to do the build that would be so helpful

I recently ordered a 72 LED custom mixed kit for my 75 gallon tank (48"). I'm using (2) of their anodized heatsinks that are 7.1"x15.9".

I have 36 LEDs on each heatsink. Will I need to add fans to the heatsinks? I'm guessing so. My kit did not come with any sort of fans. I could have sworn that the kits came with a fan (I distinctly remember being bummed out that the fans were yellow), but I went back to look and could find fans listed with the kits. Anyone remember if their kit came with a fan?

HI i joust bough the 24 led kit and for the life of me cant the quick connect dont work either i cant pinch the thing right or it just doesnt work . DOES anyone have a build thread step by step on them or can link me to the page where it explains how to do the build that would be so helpful

I can check my quick connects when I get home. If I were you, I'd solder my connections and use heat shrink tubes rather than the quick connectors.

I recently ordered a 72 LED custom mixed kit for my 75 gallon tank (48"). I'm using (2) of their anodized heatsinks that are 7.1"x15.9".

I have 36 LEDs on each heatsink. Will I need to add fans to the heatsinks? I'm guessing so. My kit did not come with any sort of fans. I could have sworn that the kits came with a fan (I distinctly remember being bummed out that the fans were yellow), but I went back to look and could find fans listed with the kits. Anyone remember if their kit came with a fan?

I can check my quick connects when I get home. If I were you, I'd solder my connections and use heat shrink tubes rather than the quick connectors.

i ended up soldering them cause i couldnt open them evrything turned out fine thanks god ill post pictures later of it lit up, im really happy with the results

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just took PAR readings for my fixture. I have the 36 LED dimmable kit from Aquastyle. At about 75% power the readings were:

- Sand: ~100 umol/m^2s

- Middle: ~200 umol/m^2s

- Top: ~300 umol/m^2s

• 2 weeks later...
DimePieceReef

Hey guys. Great info in this thread btw. Last year I bought a 24 dimmable kit. The light currently holds :

12 Rb

4 4500k

2 6500k

2 10000k

2 Pink

2 UV

I am upgrading to a 33 gallon long which is 48 in long and I believe 12 inches high and wide. So I was going to purchase another 24 dimmable kit so i have sufficient lighting for the 33. I was thinking :

12 RB

8 4500k

2 red

2 cyan

I plan to take the 10k and 65k out of the other fixture and replace them with 45k. I also wanted to get some TV LEDs but I didn't see them on the site. Would the actinic purple be a viable replacement? I was thinking of adding 4 to each fixture? Does this plan sound good or should I steer in another direction? Thanks

so I shoulnt have 2 clusters, Just one big one? what sort of pattern should I use for the cluster?

14 RB and 8 4.5k? sounds about right?

Thanks

Just getting around to this now, Should I do

16RB and 8 4.5k

or 14RB and 10 4.5K

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
RobinsonFam1

so after reading 47 pages here (which was the best after 2 days of reading non-stop all over the place!) i think i have this figured out:

20L (30"x12")

im planning on ordering http://www.aquastyleonline.com/products/35-LEDs-Controller-DIY-kit.html

36 LED kit with controller and will add a fan for heat sink. custom odering the leds/colors for my set up from aquastyle.

it will be mounted in floating "canopy" open air style.

80* optics on a 7.7" X 20" heat sink. about 8" above water.

4 clusters evenly spaced: 3)RB, 2) 4500K, 1) Deep Red, 1) Cyan, 1) Cool Blue, 1) Violet

CB

45K RB

RB V 45K

DR RB

CY

any and all input will be greatly appreciated. layout? # of led's, color spectrum?

if im better off ordering some parts from somewhere else etc. then please let me know! im kind of outta time as my 175W MH is dying quickly!

thanks!

BR

I have been toying with the idea of building my own fixture for a while now to go over my 30g cube (20x20x18" deep) and this is what I have come up with as a first attempt.

10x 10000k white

10x 4500k white

10x Royal Blue

4x Actinic Violet (420nm)

2x Red

2x Green

(38 total)

I'd Probably be starting with the Aquastyle 36LED Dimmable kit and add in a few extra LEDs (if I choose to purchase through Aquastyle).

60 degree optics on all except the exotics. I'm still not sure whether to use 80degree optics on the exotics or nothing at all. I'll also be adding a moonlight module to the fixture. What do you think of the combination and the layout? Do you think it will give good colour/spectrum?

I'm not a fan of the 50/50 RB and 10000k mix, too 'clinical' for my tastes. I have a PAR38 bulb that is 4x RB, 4x CW, 4x WW and I really love the colour it produces and I'm trying to recreate that here. I'm really after something that looks warmer in our spectrum while still providing good growth and the ability to grow SPS.

post-78420-0-81588100-1366160857_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

How hot should the drivers get?

I have just made up my 24 Kit with the STD driver from aquastyle.

Im just bench testing them,

- The drivers get pretty hot almost that I cannot hold them

- The heatsink gets hot with the leds

How hot is to hot?

Archived