Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Lol. I went to an lfs and I was talking with the dude there. I told him what I was looking for and he brought up DD on LA. I was real happy but kinda pissed cause I had been looking around for some time and it took him like 30 seconds. I bought them from Live Aquaria in the fish store. Ha. I guess they are a pair, but one is larger than the other.

Ohhh so you bought it from the store not online? where is this store at? Do they have like a sector area for dd in the store itself?(not referring online)

Ohhh so you bought it from the store not online? where is this store at? Do they have like a sector area for dd in the store itself?(not referring online)

I think...I think...he means the LFS brought up the DD fish site on LA and he ordered them @ the LFS through LA.

No, the guy there let me use the PC to buy them from live aquaria. He said not to tell anyone he let me do that because they didn't make any money. Their prices are great and I highly recommend them. Lol.

I think...I think...he means the LFS brought up the DD fish site on LA and he ordered them @ the LFS through LA.

Yes.

Deleted User 4
No, the guy there let me use the PC to buy them from live aquaria. He said not to tell anyone he let me do that because they didn't make any money. Their prices are great and I highly recommend them. Lol.

Yes.

Oh, so how much did the pair costs? they usually go for around $300 on dd lately... :ninja:

Oh, so how much did the pair costs? they usually go for around $300 on dd lately... :ninja:

They were like $249 each. it's hard to find the real Premium Snowflakes for any less, unless you get them from a private seller. And I trust LiveAquaria so...

let's see if this works. I tried finding my videos on YouTube but can't find them with title or account name.

oh, and if you hear me in the background pls disregard. lmao. I def don't sound like that.

Test 1

I'm messing around with the MP10 this morning. Finally have a chance after working my anus off. VACA next week! Anyway, I found that I may like Short Pulse mode better than Reef Crest. Maybe it's just new, but not only does it create a wave, it makes the over flow a constant drain (ie no surging). I can still hear the water trickle, but it doesn't whistle and the water line in the sump is stable. That's a big improvement from yesterday when the noise was driving me crazy and the sump kept going up and down, up and down. Ergh...!

Next up: ATO and Skimmer

I have decided to go with the Hydor Slim Skim for many reasons; looks, name brand, reviews and size to name a few. I'm very curious to see how it performs cause I HATED that infernal Coralife 115 Mini Skimmer with a passion. Also, Im considering the Avast Marine ATO. Mainly because it's magnetic and I have a secret project for ATO. :ninja:

Oh yeah, and my peppermint shrimp is still stuck in the sump. He's chillin on some rocks and probably eating all the crap down there, but I can't get a good angle to get him out. I'll have to pull all the stuff out to do it and I havent felt like it....

Some bad pics of those speed demon Clowns.

B0F73633-B0C4-451B-9234-0C3CADC795B0.jpg

6571D35C-E830-4C12-B8A2-A3875B2D04FA.jpg

I have dubbed this guy, The Frenchman. Lol. 'what the he'll are you looking at! We, we!'

EAA5AEEC-D788-4AC0-8846-A3EE7EF42299.jpg

Wow, they are all happy swimming! I love that monti island! It gonna grow out beautiful, I can imagine right now what it gonna look in the next few months.

Wow, they are all happy swimming! I love that monti island! It gonna grow out beautiful, I can imagine right now what it gonna look in the next few months.

What method do u use to attach your corals? I'm having issues.

Love the clowns. I'm bad at attaching coral too. The few times I was really successful, I superglued the frag to a very small piece of live rock, then used putty to attach that small piece to the live rock structure.

Love the clowns. I'm bad at attaching coral too. The few times I was really successful, I superglued the frag to a very small piece of live rock, then used putty to attach that small piece to the live rock structure.

Thanks! I'll try that. I probably just haven't given it enough thought. Plus I don't mold my scape. I just kinda lay the rocks together in a way I like. So when I go to push the putty in place the scape always shifts.

So.....this is in the initial phases of testing, but it seems to work pretty well. I think it may require a maxi jet to get that pressure at that elevation. Anyway....

Introducing the first AquaIllumination SOL RainMaker ATO!

Completely DIY. Basically it rains RO/DI water to top off the tank. The goal was, and is to make a subtle system that can be used in conjunction with the thunderstorm effect and the MP10w to mimic a real storm. It's all kind of manual right now (minus the ATO that works) but I'm thinking of a way to make it work in unison with storm sound effects.

Heres a horrible video, but t least u get the picture.

th_IMG_1402.jpg

This morning I noticed a small amount of white specks on the three fishes. I'm assuming this is ich caused from stress of shipment because there were no problems with the tang until the clowns were introduced. Since I have some experience with the treatment procedures...and some ich meds left over....I have begun that. Takes 13 days with 5 doses of 2.5 oz of Kick Ich. That stuff worked very well for me in the past so there should be no issues as long as the dosing cycle is followed. Sux though.

Whatttt. That's awesome!

Thanks man! It's the cheapest and easiest thing in the world to make. Hardest part is figuring out how to make it stay there. I really like it cause I feel like it's refreshing for the display to get some slightly cooler freshwater just like in nature. I need to get a drill and a small bit to male the holes in the tubing more accurate. I did them with a hobby knife....

Anyway, see you at mr. coral!

Doesn't the RTO splash all over the place? I have a hard enough time keeping my rimless clean without any extra splashing. Looks pretty cool though, when I first saw the pictures, I thought you had some icicles.

Doesn't the RTO splash all over the place? I have a hard enough time keeping my rimless clean without any extra splashing. Looks pretty cool though, when I first saw the pictures, I thought you had some icicles.

Icicles. Lol. 'last night my heater broke and i left the window open and ...'

Well so far I haven't noticed an issue. But I've only topped off with this apparatus twice. It's an experiment. When i can make the holes in the tubing more consistent with a drill and a small bit that will be better. I was thinking about a bubble bar (air stone bar) on the rear wall near the return that would create foam on the surface during a thunderstorm.

Thanks for looking though! You have definitely set a standard for me that I haven't met yet. Lol

That video was really cool. Great innovation. My 15 year old said " the thunderstorm was neat but now he needs to simulate a waterspout".

Enjoying seeing your tank come along.

Thanks for posting.

Actually I know how I could, but there would be a big old thing hanging behind the light. Not too sightly. As it is I have too much going on with a tube and two wires. Need some Velcro wraps.

Hey I can make waves...isn't that enough? Give them an inch I tell ya! :P

Hey I can make waves...isn't that enough? Give them an inch I tell ya! :P

There is no end to it! With every improvement and modification I also think now what more can I do. I try to limit myself by being low tech but it is never enough.

Need some Velcro wraps.

see if you have some lying around the bedroom.

[ hope i did not go to far with the humor]

Archived