inTank Media Baskets

Hey! Summer Summer! Smedric Shmiggory's - an ADA 60-F - reef ledge style!

milk

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So thinking about adding anothet cleaner shrimp that would hopefully result in a mated pair.. I understand that they are hermaphroditic.. Anyone have a good way to add another shrimp?

jedimasterben
So thinking about adding anothet cleaner shrimp that would hopefully result in a mated pair.. I understand that they are hermaphroditic.. Anyone have a good way to add another shrimp?

Toss it in and watch what happens is pretty much how I do it lol.

Milk, do you have a build thread of the nano clam tank? How do you control heat issues on that tank?

Thx

Ahoy there! unfortunately I don't have a build thread to that clam jam.. really wish I did, and wish I had that tank.. but alas, I am a 2 clam sam.

Don't really have heat issues swings up to 81 during the day and down to 79 at night. I had a small computer sucking air out in sump area but it wasn't really necessary... so.. good insulation I guess?

littlelactose

Heat issues? What are heat issues?

I'm cheap and don't turn on my air conditioning. For about a week or so my little tank reached a scorching 86 degrees... But nothing in my tank seemed bothered...

Heat issues? What are heat issues?

I'm cheap and don't turn on my air conditioning. For about a week or so my little tank reached a scorching 86 degrees... But nothing in my tank seemed bothered...

just because everything looked fine doesnt mean it is

Yeah ive wondered about the temp extremes on the coral biology. Although ive read that theres some pretty big temp swings on reefs in the wild from currents passing through. We'll find out soon enough with the rising ocean temps.

Your tank sure does have a lot in it.

oh yeah, i would say its one of the more stocked nano tanks on the site - no more room for that squidward house

19.jpg

bookmarked for indecency

Chicagoland

Mob rule

you mean oprah?

littlelactose

True. I am a noob after all...

True. I am a noob after all...

Archived