Top Shelf Aquatics

Hey! Summer Summer! Smedric Shmiggory's - an ADA 60-F - reef ledge style!

milk

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa looks much cleaner and open/minimal. Keep up the good work.

I know, thank you! I had a spur of the moment idea and chopped the main rock in half, 1 of my feather dusters blew its top but will grow back soon!

Are you happy with the 2 bulbs over the tank? I have a custom built acrylic "36 tank looking at light ideas..

Yes yes! I actually have 3 bulbs over the tank.. Its 24".. 3 are mostly white, 1 is all blue on the left side.. I could get away with 2, but the all blue creates a nice gradient in the lighting

AWESOME! Love the new look.

You are awesome! More work to come, this is all i could manage under the time i had before i left on a trip, but i had to do it THEN while i wss inspired?

That new scape looks so cool! More pitchers please :)

Thanks mon! It took on its own new look, i was just the medium chanelling the divine plans! lol im on a small vacation right now but will be returning early next week with new pitchers!

this shot looks awesome... and i love the gradient effect you're getting.

Thanks, i think everyone is settling in and opening back up more again since i basically ripped everything off the rock and repositioned it. The fish surely enjoy the extra swimming room, and then will dart back to the rock portion of the reef

chippwalters
new cape! -

10clt3r.jpg

Really nice pic. Can you show more?

It's wonderful to be able to include natural early morning or late evening (?) lighting your shot. Really adds to the color spectrum. Are you using Par38s?

Can you take a picture of the light setup with the 3 bulbs?

Yup i'll be back home tuesday - been surfing waves - on lake michigan

Really nice pic. Can you show more?

It's wonderful to be able to include natural early morning or late evening (?) lighting your shot. Really adds to the color spectrum. Are you using Par38s?

yeah! theres about an hour of sunlight that falls on the tank in the evening - my favorite time to watch.. they are par30s and par38s

Yup i'll be back home tuesday - been surfing waves - on lake michigan

yeah! theres about an hour of sunlight that falls on the tank in the evening - my favorite time to watch.. they are par30s and par38s

Sounds good. Probably better waves there then here in Virginia Beach!

Sounds good. Probably better waves there then here in Virginia Beach!

Haha they were pretty big on the lake bc of a recent storm system that moved through.. Paired with the 82 degree water, you cant find better conditions on the lakes out here. Usually the wave get big and break better only in the winter and fall for some reason, and you need some serious wetsuit power to stay thawed out lol

that's really incredible tank. definetly a great inspiration.

Well, same to you young brotha - your making me want to return home early.. already called the tank sitter, who happens to be an experienced hobbyst, twice this morning!

pic shart* - eggcrate is temporary for a holding a few frags as is the other pump until hydor pico gets here....... wooo hoo!

will get pic of lights too!

27xh5bq.jpg

3586fqd.jpg

w05gnt.jpg

245d36s.jpg

260aphg.jpg

24pymmf.jpg

2nw3o13.jpg

9joh3a.jpg

still decieding whether i should leave the left size bare with minimal macro algae, slope it with more sand and plant some mangroves there with a lot of macro algae, make a third rock formation, or put a bigger colony of sps there like a birdsnest

chippwalters
pic shart* - eggcrate is temporary for a holding a few frags as is the other pump until hydor pico gets here....... wooo hoo!

will get pic of lights too!

27xh5bq.jpg

3586fqd.jpg

w05gnt.jpg

245d36s.jpg

260aphg.jpg

24pymmf.jpg

2nw3o13.jpg

9joh3a.jpg

still decieding whether i should leave the left size bare with minimal macro algae, slope it with more sand and plant some mangroves there with a lot of macro algae, make a third rock formation, or put a bigger colony of sps there like a birdsnest

Sweet pics! I vote for a low profile Zoa garden on the left...or Acans...

I just got a Radion for my 60-F- and added wireless to my MP10. Can't wait to get it all up and going. You should shop for a new or used MP10. You won't regret it...

jedimasterben

I just got a Radion for my 60-F- and added wireless to my MP10. Can't wait to get it all up and going. You should shop for a new or used MP10. You won't regret it...

Whoa, a Radion on such a tiny tank? Wow, you could hang it from you ceiling and still keep SPS on the sandbed. :lol:

Whoa, a Radion on such a tiny tank? Wow, you could hang it from you ceiling and still keep SPS on the sandbed. :lol:

lol - the par30s are perfect for this tank at the moment - I had an mp10 originally, but it wasn't proper for the scape I had at the time. I may get one in the near future though - the flow is certainly more efficient than 2 hydor picos lol

hey, zoa garden could have some flavor - but the potential to drain my life savings

Archived