Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hey! Summer Summer! Smedric Shmiggory's - an ADA 60-F - reef ledge style!

milk

can you add an updated photo so I can put it on our wall at work?

anything for a work wall little one!

so, did a little 'vodkascaping' this afternoon.. never a good idea, although always seems like a good deal at the time - i'll get you an updated pic when the poo settles down

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so, did a little 'vodkascaping' this afternoon.. never a good idea, although always seems like a good deal at the time - i'll get you an updated pic when the the poo settles down

lol this is gonna be good.

well - updates soon to come mates - in the mean time, here is a meme that I generated that accurately describes my experiences working at a fish store -

2cyksyb.jpg

some updates - congratulations! its basically the same - I added a bunch of macro (dragons breath and some flash delirium) - but these pics are from the day before i added it.. LOL!

i really like this new dendro I got - it has a lot of babies growing on it ready to grow up and make daddy rich!

4j8gnr.jpg

here's an abstract shot of my favorite part of having this look down tank - love how things look down with surface movement! - Anastasia the aiptasia not removed because the peps dont like getting that close to the surface for some reason

2dhur1i.jpg

Hey here's what the tank looks for about an hour during the day when the sun drops (and not cloudy?) - I added some salt creep on the glass to make this look like a more realistic tank - instead of just being crispy clean the way it usually is..

o7u0bk.jpg

Thanks!

so i've been stuffing my tank with algae (haha weird huh?) - different species of macroalgae and such and wanted to know if there were any negative effects of macro algae touching coral, mostly lps? - I couldn't find anything doing a few search - only some chemical in specific seaweed that has been wiping out portions of the reef. -

I've tested the growth in my display with a few species of caulerpa (grape and feather) - and because of my algae scrubber and sump filled with algae - the stuff in the display seems to be growing slower - but I've never had a problem with nuisance algae in the display so not really worried.

Whoa, love the shots. But boy, I already spotted a nuisance pestie...aiptasia? The 2nd photo.

hahaha thanks IIX! yeah, i mentioned that I did previously have a problem with them.. then I got 2 peppermint shrimp and the pesties were literally gone overnight.. except for the few aiptasia that remain a centimeter from the surface.. for some reason the peps don't go that shallow?

Oh and my clownfish really loves eating the grapes of the grape caulerpa.. lol

oh and i'm almost completely redoing my tank as I said.. hope to get this done soon; whenever I want to change something in my tank, i get the urge to do it IMMEDIATELY -

big surprises in store!

big surprises in store!

An octopus? :D

Nice tank, BTW. Like the whole filled-up look. But ti is changing, I have read?

An octopus? :D

Nice tank, BTW. Like the whole filled-up look. But ti is changing, I have read?

Thanks :) Oh, so you've heard? yes indeed! new beginnings on the way for this little tank :blush: .... choo choo!!

Wait what, you're adding an octopus??? Wouldn't that eat your fishes?

Eez joke. I like octopuses.

And anyway, octopus won't go after fast fish that can escape. Eventually they just leave it alone.

Still not a good idea to put it with your Dr Seuss soapfish though.

Wow it's late. I have the last post on half the forums.

Haha, a lovely way to spend the morning.. Usually when our best posts are made

Phase 1 has been completed.. chaos to civilization has been restored after a few scaping hours, now to order some new friends!

Wait what, you're adding an octopus??? Wouldn't that eat your fishes?

trust me, i'd eat my fish before i'd let any pesky octopus go near them!

Hmm guess your tank is not ready for totm then? Because I did nominate you...for the upcoming totm.

OMG! thanks brotha! shoot, maybe i shouldnt have ripped my tank in half, rescaped everything and dumped a huge amount of sand creating a sloped beach look to plant 10 mangroves, oar grass and other macro algaes on the left side of the tank..... and get a mandarin pair

Looks good dude! I like that island in the center.

Thanks! Ill try to get more shots of it ina few days.. The left side is completely open except for a temporary eggcrate i have holding a few pieces im trading. Theres a ton of open space on the left side.. But i spent a good amount of time scaping the little coral bommies to the right of the tank... Theres a lot of nooks and cranies that extend towards the back that cant be seen from this angle!

I'm insane!!

Archived