inTank Media Baskets

My Walmart Pico Contest Entry

bdwilson

Nice! I think this is my favorite so far. Love the bottom and bottom rim painted black...gives it an art deco look (I'm a big fan of the era). Great job!

Edit: I think a lot of green would contrast nicely with the black, while also adding to the art deco feel. Just a suggestion :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my mod to the AC70 Lid. Not a perfect job of cutting straight but good enough for a fuge window. The acrylic window is glued in with 5 minute epoxy.

Now I just need to figure out where to set the tank up at, my fish room is in disarray, I'm redoing it to put together a large system.

post-40152-1320207212_thumb.jpg

What are you going to use to light your AC70 fuge?

If you look on page 1, I'm using the light that came with the kit to light the fuge and will be using LEDs for the DT.

Nw THAT'S some filtration (using the AC70 as a fuge though right?)

Looking good!!! I ordered mine today, so I'll be hard at work within a week!!

I was thinking of going BB too....still in the planning process. I can't believe I am putting so much thought into a 2gal system...lol!!

Here's my contest pics for the month of november, if they start a thread for the FTS pics I'll put them there also.

First is the FES (full equipment shot) Then 2 FTS, the first is all the lights, the second is just actinics. The all blue pic is bluer in RL, I think I need to adjust settings on my camera.

post-40152-1320550509_thumb.jpg

post-40152-1320550529_thumb.jpg

post-40152-1320550542_thumb.jpg

Bill change the name, c'mon.

"Billy's bare bottom rooster pico"

The 2D picture does look like a chicken but in RL it doesn't. Also when it fills in with coral it won't look like a chicken even in a 2D photo. So I'm gonna stick with the original name and I'm really not trying to make the rockscape look like a chicken.

surgicalsense
Here's my entry for the Walmart Pico Contest.

First is a pic of the box, then a pic of all the included equipment, then a pic of how I plan to run it.

It has a fuge mod AC70. The original light will be a fuge light, the main light will be a DIY LED. The little filter that came with the kit will run on the side to create a cross flow in the tank.

It, as the title suggests, will be bare bottom with a bonsai rockscape.

More to come soon!

Love the scape, I like how the LR branches out like that.

would be funny it it still looked like a rooster after the corals cover it lol.

It would be quite a feat to make the grown in rockscape look like a chicken.

Love the scape, I like how the LR branches out like that.

Thanks!

It would be quite a feat to make the grown in rockscape look like a chicken.

I was going to make a comment about how people needed to stop saying it looked like a rooster, Then I looked again...lol.

It is a cool lookin scape though. Bet it looks badass in person.

I was going to make a comment about how people needed to stop saying it looked like a rooster, Then I looked again...lol.

It is a cool lookin scape though. Bet it looks badass in person.

It's all for fun, whatever shape it looks like in the end, I'll be happy if I can keep this thing from crashing for a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I say take that left top portion of the rock out. That scape looks awesome, but I think that left side sticks out too much. The right side is epic

I say take that left top portion of the rock out. That scape looks awesome, but I think that left side sticks out too much. The right side is epic

I agree, I took the piece off the top left about a week and a half ago and I turned the scape around to have more area to attach corals too. I'll post post pics later in december.

• 4 weeks later...

Updates

I thought I would post an update of my Walmart Pico.

The tank is doing great. I've added a frogspawn, a branching hammer, a duncan and some burgundy colored zoos with a pink center. They have been in the tank for about a month now.

DSCN0258.jpg

And I have my first signs of coraline algae starting on the front glass, it's the little spot in the center of this pic.

DSCN0259.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw your new FES/FTS for January and your tank is really looking beautiful.

I've got the same filter set-up going and I was wondering how happy/unhappy you are with it. I find I have some issues with controlling the flow with both the AC70 and the Tom's filters going. I've got no rock-work to break the flow so that may be part of my problem - yours looks great. I really love how organic the whole tank is starting to look.

Archived