inTank Media Baskets

My Walmart Pico Contest Entry

bdwilson

I just saw your new FES/FTS for January and your tank is really looking beautiful.

I've got the same filter set-up going and I was wondering how happy/unhappy you are with it. I find I have some issues with controlling the flow with both the AC70 and the Tom's filters going. I've got no rock-work to break the flow so that may be part of my problem - yours looks great. I really love how organic the whole tank is starting to look.

Thanks for the nice comments.

As for the filters, I turn the Toms way down so it's just strong enough to cause some swirling. The AC70 is turned down really low also, I cut the stopper thing off the top of the intake tube and cut plastic tab out of the plate on top of the motor so it allows me to push the intake tube all the way over. The tank still has some pretty strong current in it but none of the coral are being overpowered. We'll see if the current is overpowering on the top of the rocks when I start putting coral up there.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Updates

I thought I would post an update of my Walmart Pico.

The tank is doing great. I've added a frogspawn, a branching hammer, a duncan and some burgundy colored zoos with a pink center. They have been in the tank for about a month now.

DSCN0258.jpg

And I have my first signs of coraline algae starting on the front glass, it's the little spot in the center of this pic.

DSCN0259.jpg

I really like your reef structure, it's amazing....

Archived