Cultivated Reef

The SPS Cube w/Acans!

Spencer7

Originally i had the MJ-600+Return, then after only like 3 months i took it away, so far the most part my tank has ran only with return flow, now that's gone too... :P

We have some great SPS at Greenwich Aquaria currently, plus i have starting a fragging program ($20 sections and grow-out tanks, the whole shabang) anyway so when my tank is settled i think i can make a quick recovery, especially after i buy my Kessil 15k which will be ASAP

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
devilsadvocate

i see. you should put the mj-600. your corals will thank you.

the 40 is going good, but very slow. the only thing i really need now is the stand, and pvc

Although ugly as hell, my tank has somewhat settled, the small/stressed corals have all died and im left with 75%, all hardy and doing fine, keep in mind there is still no flow or filtration. If all goes as planned I will get/install the sump tommorow, then mantainence on Saturday, and possibly new corals on Sunday

This will be a fun weekend, plus ill be taking pics like nobodies biz!

In an effort to save one of my fav corals (Purple Acro, was my largest SPS piece) I managed to get 3 healthy frags, the coral was slowing browning and turning to goop...

f58d82a3.jpg

Hopefully the legacy will live on...

tanks doing good...

I have 6 SPS pieces left, the only thing that looks like it has a chance of dying is my pagoda (turning a overall light color) Sump+Skimmer should be here for sure in 2-3 days

Then as soon as that's done im getting some replacement SPS for the couple frags that died

plus a new fish (most likely a uber cool wrasse)

:D

BAD NEWS!!!

That giant goniopora eating nudibranch i had a few weeks ago had babies and they're starting to emerge

On the LR where my goniopora is i have found about 30 of these cm long nudibranchs

Going to dip/quarantine both of my gonioporas to try and starve out the little pieces of ####

Big News! omgomgomg

Greenwich Aquaria (my LFS/employer) will be opening its online store within a few months!!!

You will be able to buy a wide range of rare livestock, frags, and inverts

We also might be changing our FW section to SW for even more space :D

Working Saturday if u wanna say hi! :eek:

:happydance:

Checklist 2.0v :bowdown:

Stuff to do by April 20th

**Sump.... :lol:

*New Protein Skimmer.... :lol:

*Black Sand.... :lol:

*Re-Scape.... :lol:

*MP10.... :rant:

*Extra Display Light.... :rant: