6ec09ce1.jpg

7163bfb7.jpg73fc7216.jpg40098765.jpg

8a7e8701.jpg

:D

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh god, what a mess...

Took out all LR, all Fish, all coral, and all much white sand as I could...

I ended up doing taking out about %50 of my water, siphoning and for the fish and coral which i had in a bin, i don't have the water to fill it so my sump is dry at the moment and my tank is about %80 filled, it has the heater running in it with a bubbler displacing the heat and providing oxygen, so far i know the male squami didn't make the change (as soon as i caught him in the net he died of stress) as far as i know the corals are OK but coating themselves in slime and looking ugly...

Im getting clean, mixed RODI water Monday to fill everything

I am a little sad about the anthias but i was taking him out anyway and he wasn't looking like a million $

The worst part is that the sand isn't looks TERRIBLE the tiniest particles of sand that clouded up the tank have somewhat settled leaving a white mucus looking coat on the black sand...

This is as close to a tank crisis i have come to.

Im hoping with the big water change, 5lbs of sand (to cover the white) , and some time will make my tank good again, expect a disaster update soon, wish me luck :tears:

33776cec.jpg

f7420757.jpg

A big happy family...

e9d313a7.jpg

769ecbba.jpg

Any help would much be appreciated...

thx nano!

I am finished with sand and scape and it looks amazing!

The water is still a little cloudy though, and i have my sump disconnected, which means that until i get my new one, the display is running by itself with simply a heater, lights, and a 50 GPH pump pointed straight up at the surface

This will go on for two weeks or so until the new sump and skimmer...

The reason it is disconnected is b/c there's a thin layer of white sediment covering my whole sump, as soon as i turned on my pump a cloud of white sand would engulf my coral and pure black sand ruining everything... u cant imagine how happy i was to figure that out in time

Pics soon!

Checklist 2.0v :bowdown:

Stuff to do by April 20th

*Sump.... :rant:

*New Protein Skimmer.... :rant:

*Black Sand.... :lol:

*Re-Scape.... :lol:

*MP10.... :rant:

*Extra Display Light.... :rant:

*Swap Fish.... :lol:

*Breed!.... :rant:

*ATO.... :rant:

some corals are starting to bleach with no circulation, cloudy water, and no sump...

Im telling Jason to hurry...

What to buy next?

ATO...

A150w...

or MP10?

Nice Tank!

Right back at you!

Despite everything, my is water awesome...

January 21st Test Results

PO4---0

NO3---0

KH---9

CA---450

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fav Acro dying :angry:

4bbecabc.jpg

8c04d9b8.jpg

71e0ca78.jpg

9b85205d.jpg

aff336ac.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its snowing

Really Depressed...

Sump is coming around Friday

Doing Saturday maintenance...

Sump is gone until new one, my only circulator is a Maxi-Jet 600 that sticks so far out from the side that it ends up only being like 6" from the corals, and like 10" from the sand with nothing in btween, everything blows around the tank like crazy, plus the suction cups make it so every 10 days or so the pump falls in the sand bed...

Not worth it :P

I only have to wait about five more days, in the end i think it will be worth it

Archived