Tank will be taken down: The mushroom garden/soft coral garden

kel73

The switch started: 12/24/2011

002.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

Decided to cycle the tank with new rock and anfter the cycle I will add a clean up crew and then start to add the stuff from the spec.

As of today 1/9/2012

getting consistant readings of zero ammonia on the API test. The cleanup crew ships tomorrow. Once I add it I will see if the tank remains stable then I plan on doing the last part of the switch.

lots of algae and pods:

009.JPG

010.JPG

The spec 1/9/2012

011.JPG

014.JPG

013.JPG

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks :) I am excited about more room though. I can tell my mushrooms do not like the high light as they have all started migrating lower. I can't raise the light anymore(unless i get a new fixture) but on the plus side my orange ric has left 3 babies in its wake as well as the big blue mushroom. The zoas seem to love the high light.

thank you :) you know all these nice comments are making me feel bad about changing it all up. Hopefully the larger tank will still look ok. More room for different types of shrooms :)

Thank you and me too!!

Also if anyone wants a polyclad flatworm for a species tank I will ship it to you for free tomorrow! Cant guarantee live arrival because I am not putting it back(its in a cup right now). Its actually a pretty cool looking creature.

012.JPG

thank you :) you know all these nice comments are making me feel bad about changing it all up. Hopefully the larger tank will still look ok. More room for different types of shrooms :)

You'll be fine. I felt that way a bit too when I changed my 2.5g nps to the 4g, but it had sprung a slow leak and it was just better to move everything.

I got me mushies too! I've got a baby blue. Watermelons would look great in your tank.

L

You've got some nice mushrooms in your 4g. I want mine to grow out like that. When I googled watermelon mushrooms it looks like I have those already. Are they the green striped ones? Or are they something else? After everything else gets moved im on a hunt for mushrooms.

As an update the rest of the tank is moving over today. Yesterday I recieved the cleanup crew from reefcleaners, awesome stuff.

You've got some nice mushrooms in your 4g. I want mine to grow out like that. When I googled watermelon mushrooms it looks like I have those already. Are they the green striped ones? Or are they something else? After everything else gets moved im on a hunt for mushrooms.

As an update the rest of the tank is moving over today. Yesterday I recieved the cleanup crew from reefcleaners, awesome stuff.

Ah, I may have the name wrong. I've got the green striped ones too. I'm talking about these

de2b9f35.jpg

The greenish ones to the left. Haha, to me they look like a watermelon skin.

I've got some weirdo purple ones too. I like mushies.

What did you get from John? Oooooo, it usually comes with a ton of extras.

I really like the textured ones. I'll be looking for some like that for sure. What I really want are these!

1b87d05ce1777ff692cea0cee6f19cf5.image.270x270.jpg

http://cultivatedreef.com/superman-mushroo...us-sp-p-61.html

I got the 5.5 quick crew, 5 zig zag periwinkles, 5 dwarf planaxis, empty hermit shells, pods and a barnacle cluster because I might get one of those barnicle blennies. The lfs had them and they had big googly eyes and were really cute. I think they might get too big though. I have to research them.

Oh and I definitly got extra, yes!

Oh, that's a purty one! I like it! I may add some ricordea into my pico. The Ric florida should be ok in my tank.

Yeah, they always throw in extras. I have enough ceriths for all three tanks, I just haven't caught them yet to put them in. It's pretty awesome and I love their acclimating technique too! Woooo!

I think I'm picking up my sun coral this weekend. My last one, a red one. Been on hold for me for months while the owner of the LFS was training it.

lljdma06, I really like the ricordeas, but they are just too much $ for me. I have a few but 20$ is about as much as I am willing to spend on pretty much any livestock. Do you get them for pretty cheap since you are in Florida? I might be moving there in the summer and I am excited about being close to the source:)

Superman mushies....they are to die for! I have one in my tank that has not done anything for me yet.

Do they look as cool in your tank as in the picture?? I wish I could find one at my lfs. I live close to yourreef so I am going to try to find one there in the next couple of days

Do they look as cool in your tank as in the picture?? I wish I could find one at my lfs. I live close to yourreef so I am going to try to find one there in the next couple of days

Well...no. Mine has been bothered by something for a while now. Every now and then it will get vivid colors, but not at the moment.

Love the new digs! And that fuge is awesome! I think you made the absolute right choice in switching tanks!

FW pic?

FW pic?

Thanks, I love all the extra room. I will take a picture of the fw but its kind of sad. I feel bad I have the 4 fish in the small tank :( its embarrassing but I will post a picture though. I will move 2 of them out soon.

022.jpg

the cave is for the sa cichlids, they like cover

I like those little fish hob things I have one. I wanna but it on the back of my spec because their ain't no room in those chambers

I could never do anything with those chambers either. Now as fw I am using a canister filter with the spec. The canister return fits right on the return nozzle on the spec and its pretty awesome.

Wow this looks awesome. I love the hang on fuge. It's so clean looking.

Thanks, you know I thought it might be an eye sore but I really enjoy looking at the stuff in the fuge too.

• 1 month later...

Archived