inTank Media Baskets

Flexin5's 10 gallon Tank

Flexin5

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is that HOB skimmer attachment treating you? I've heard of problems with mircobubbles and getting the water level correct? Would you recommend it?

it's pretty good imo, you can get microbubbles, but i find that you just have to play with it until you get the right level and it stays pretty consistant. keeps the surface water nice and clean. i would recommend it to be honest. it pulls in water from the bottom too which collects alot of molts from the shrimp and hermits so it definatly helps to keep things clean.

Awesome set-up, love all the Zoa's.

Jeremy

thanks man, sick stang!!

Looking good. I really like that black and green hammer you got!

thanks! hope you win the POTM contest :)

Thanks! Looks like its going to happen! :)

i have to admit, it's a hilarious picture..lol

little update...new upgrade should be here tomorrow!! :D:D:D:D:D

i hate waiting for shipping, so i kept myself busy with some photography. i was playing around with focus stacking, first attempt, i kinda screwed it up.

6807680679_120776a138_z.jpg

finally came in! great service from the guys at goreef.com in quebec. i wish canada post was faster and delivered it on friday like they were supposed to, then i would have all weekend to hang it. but i should have it up tomorrow.

picked up a sol super blue w/ controller and hanging kit. i only wish i went with a nicer tank but that upgrade will wait for when i move to my house next year. joel you were right, the sol is perfect for the tank size, i just have to modifiy the rails after work to make it hang length wise.

18c90158.jpg

got a chance this weekend to hang the new lights. it was kind of a pain since the celing of my condo is concrete. some concrete anchors took care of that.

6867536281_f6d5945970_z.jpg

6867537683_d9987a9eda_z.jpg

6867539417_745cf0e5b9_z.jpg

For people with a small tank thinking about getting a Sol, how are you acclimating your corals from your t5? :) what settings do you have your controller on?

For people with a small tank thinking about getting a Sol, how are you acclimating your corals from your t5? :) what settings do you have your controller on?

good question,

i decided to start out with two timers. i'm trying to get it as close to the T5 as possible to avoid shock to everything. so only two timers, day/night.

i started out on 26w/26b/26rb with a ramp up time of 30mins. thunderstorms 50% chance everyday. night time is on the lunar schedual and 0w,3b,3rb.

i think it's working because everything seems happy. everything is nice and open, and no signs of bleaching. i'm going to raise it 5% everyweek and add a timer for each increase. so i'll start out in the morning at 26%, move it up to 30% around midday, and then back down after. :)

thanks everyone!

the growth in the tank is unreal. my GSP has spread and gotten much longer. one of my devils armour frags that i've been waiting for it to grow has sprouted 2 new polyps and 2 new baby polyps. i can't imagine how big stuff will grow when i start to turn up the intensities.

well now that the tank is topless i'm getting alot more evaporation. this can't be good for my saltinity stability. so i ordered one of these today:

JBJ-Automatic-Top-Off-(A.T.O.)-System-Water-Level-Controller-1.jpg

it's going to be kinda tricky without a sump but with the help of member joelrhale, we thought that i can put the float switch in the upper corner of the tank, and i'm going to get a small pump and put it in a tall glass vase behind the stand. then plumb it up into the AC110. even if i have to refill the vase every couple of days it's no big deal, atleast the saltinity will be constant. everything should be here next week.

little update this weekend. did some cleaning. hid the excess wire from the hanging kit, i just kind of rolled it up and placed it ontop of the sol, used clear tape and ran it down the side, just looks a bit cleaner than having them hang down. also played around with the timers and intensities a bit and moved a couple things around.

i also picked up 3 more frags.

picked up two SPS acro and another monti. i think i have to move the monti because it's supposed to be red and i think it's getting too much flow.

emrald crab was going ham on it.

6914602689_b1267fa9a8_z.jpg

6914603403_004571ca16_z.jpg

6914604949_53bc247b89_z.jpg

and a current FTS:

6914606599_db4aa75bf8_z.jpg

and a side shot.

6914609547_3985e6c648_z.jpg

my poor clowns keep getting stung by my frogspawn.

nice tank. i too have a 10g and constantly find myself needing more room. good luck!

only an excuse to upgrade right? :D

little update..Acans!!

this one is a orange/ kind of rainbow one. it was a little pissed off because the emrald crab was screwing with it. i have to keep my eye on him....

6937402583_09d5a7fd32_z.jpg

this one has a bit more blue, hard to tell in the pic

6791285050_53b6e912d3_z.jpg

and these are nice and green, very vibrant

6791285594_0cefe8246d_z.jpg

i'm going to pick up another very blue one, and a red one, then attach them to the side of the rock to grow in together. also picked up another zoa,

6937404375_bae80459d7_z.jpg

and that's about it. aside from the acans, i'm working on getting some pokerstar montipora soon.

Archived