Innovative Marine Aquariums

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

I see. Yeah, blueberry gorgs are hard...to maintain. Mine wasn't doing so well back then and I had to get rid of it. Honestly, I didn't know how to maintain gorgs other the the Red Sea fans with yellow polyps. Those might have been photosynthetic but the blueberry wasn't. So direct feeding of phytoplankton and oyster feast? I'm not so sure...but is required to maintain those nonphotosynthetic gorgs.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a plan. I know you're looking for some, so my offer was if you don't find any by the time mine can be fragged :)

I like the squammy too! It looks a bit more orange in person that it did in my photo, which is why I liked it. Its orange with a touch of blue along the edge, so its Florida Gator colored :D

Well, ADHD set in. I bought some CARs last night :lol:. And my Vivid Rainbow isn't looking too hot after I "bumped" it yesterday. It's still got some spunk so I'm hopeful. It just looks sad right now.

I sooooo hope the pink gorg is in the black coral family and not like a blueberry gorgonian. I've heard the BG is very difficult to keep alive. I don't know that anyone has had longterm success with one of those.

Where did you buy the CARs from? I'm sure the Vivid Rainbows are fine. They may just take a couple days to recover. Zoas and palys are usually very hardy about that sort of thing.

At this point, I'm not sure what my new gorgonian is exactly. I knew I was taking the risk that it may be very hard to maintain when I bought it. I'll just have to see how it does, and if it doesn't make it, then oh well. I ordered some Reef Frenzy food today because my spiral wire is looking a bit upset. I don't think its getting enough food from phyto alone and needs something meaty. Maybe this new gorgonian will also like the Reef Frenzy coral food. I realized my new gorgonian looks a lot like the species that pygmy seahorses live in.

6837_1221797848.jpg

I managed to find the species name for those, but I can't find any type of care information for them. Doesn't seem like something that ends up in aquariums very often.

I see. Yeah, blueberry gorgs are hard...to maintain. Mine wasn't doing so well back then and I had to get rid of it. Honestly, I didn't know how to maintain gorgs other the the Red Sea fans with yellow polyps. Those might have been photosynthetic but the blueberry wasn't. So direct feeding of phytoplankton and oyster feast? I'm not so sure...but is required to maintain those nonphotosynthetic gorgs.

Yeah, I've heard they're super hard. I figured this thing was a risk when I bought it. We'll see how it does. I target feed phytofeast to the sponges, the spiral wire, and the christmas tree worms right now, so I will target feed this new gorgonian as well. I also bought some Reef Frenzy coral food to feed to these NPS corals.

That seahorse is awesome! What is the spiral wire doing that makes you think it's not getting enough food? Losing flesh?

I feed mine Ova and frozen cyclopeeze and haven't had any tissue loss yet.

I found these Green Sparkle palys I've been looking for forever. I just couldn't pass them up. They are so hard to find. So I ordered those and the CARs from reefchicks.com. First time ordering with them. fingerscrossed

That seahorse is awesome! What is the spiral wire doing that makes you think it's not getting enough food? Losing flesh?

I feed mine Ova and frozen cyclopeeze and haven't had any tissue loss yet.

I found these Green Sparkle palys I've been looking for forever. I just couldn't pass them up. They are so hard to find. So I ordered those and the CARs from reefchicks.com. First time ordering with them. fingerscrossed

Yep, cute little things! That gorgonian that it lives on looks VERY similar to the one I bought. If that's what it is, its a Muricella species, but there's little to no info available on its care.

The spiral wire lost a bit of flesh in one spot. Some algae had gotten onto it that I had to remove, so that may have caused the issue, but it also could be a food issue. I've been feeding entirely phytofeast and I think it probably needs some meaty foods. I don't have Oysterfeast right now, but I was thinking about getting some. I also have some ova and cyclopeeze on hand that I can give it. The sponges and the christmas tree worms only eat phyto, so I was hoping the spiral wire could just eat that too, but it doesn't seem like enough.

Exciting new stuff! I hope the order goes well. I just ordered a couple things off KPA again. I love them, but man do they tempt me into ordering when I shouldn't! :lol:

Yep, cute little things! That gorgonian that it lives on looks VERY similar to the one I bought. If that's what it is, its a Muricella species, but there's little to no info available on its care.

The spiral wire lost a bit of flesh in one spot. Some algae had gotten onto it that I had to remove, so that may have caused the issue, but it also could be a food issue. I've been feeding entirely phytofeast and I think it probably needs some meaty foods. I don't have Oysterfeast right now, but I was thinking about getting some. I also have some ova and cyclopeeze on hand that I can give it. The sponges and the christmas tree worms only eat phyto, so I was hoping the spiral wire could just eat that too, but it doesn't seem like enough.

Exciting new stuff! I hope the order goes well. I just ordered a couple things off KPA again. I love them, but man do they tempt me into ordering when I shouldn't! :lol:

I've been watching mine like a hawk...so worried it will start losing flesh. So far so good though. I also feed mine phyto and oyster feast.

I read in the seahorse thread that you ordered from KPA. Nice choices. :) I've had that St. Thomas mushroom before. Very pretty!!!!!

I've been watching mine like a hawk...so worried it will start losing flesh. So far so good though. I also feed mine phyto and oyster feast.

I read in the seahorse thread that you ordered from KPA. Nice choices. :) I've had that St. Thomas mushroom before. Very pretty!!!!!

Yeah I keep a close eye on mine. It still has great polyp extension and looks happy for the most part, so I think the flesh loss may be from where I had to remove some annoying hair algae. I just figure I should feed it some more food to be safe.

I wanted one of their yellow frilly sponges but they were sold out when I ordered last time. I've been waiting to see it in stock again. Can't beat $15.50 for shipping from Florida plus their already amazing prices. $13 for the St. Thomas mushroom is about as cheap as you can get them. I figured I'd get another one. Glad to hear you've had one like that before and like it!

Btw, Gena, did you see this rainbow St. Thomas mushroom that Aquascapers had? Its sold of course, but I just wanted to share. It was $99.

neon-green-electric-blue-disc-st-thomas-

6837_1221797848.jpg

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the pink gorg you have. When you posted the pictures, I remember that pink gorg looked so familiar. You got that pygmy seahorse picture from reefbuilders.com or aquanerd?

Ok, i totally deserve another one of :slap: and one of these caked.giffor being a slacker

Wow, what a nice variety of pieces you scored at Rap! I too, need to buy some of those Tisbe Pods. Your last batch of those exploded and fed everything and hung around for awhile if i remember correctly.

$1000 mushroom! :o For those of us on a budget, the baby to the right was only $800.

IMG_4842.jpg

More $800 mushrooms!

IMG_4854.jpg

Wow these mushrooms are bananas! So cool to see them, thanks for snapping pics of the higher end Kandy's :naughtydance:

Me and my friends from the Bay Area Reefers with Brett and Wayde of ATM/Tanked

photo23-1.jpg

Nice! Only in Cali :D I enjoy watching that show.

Gena and I with our Marine Depot T-shirts

photo26-1.jpg

Woo hoo, cool prizes! So awesome you two were able to hook up there and enjoy the show together!

I took some scoly photos for you! They're below. Not sure if they were new ones though since I wasn't paying that much attention. I ended up buying the orange scoly I was eyeing for $25. Not sure it was the one you were thinking of since I still can't really see any purple lines. Its kind of a mottled orange/peach color. I believe its a scolymia vitiensis and its about an inch and a half in diameter.

Thanks! Yep, it was definitely overwhelming, but fun!

I like it a lot! I sure hope it does well. I am not positive what it is, so it may be some species that's super hard to care for or something. We'll see. It wasn't too expensive, so I figured it was worth the gamble. I'm currently trying to figure out what it is, so I have a better idea how to care for it.

I got home from RAP at about 1 am last night and spent until 2:30 am getting everything acclimated, dipped, and placed in my tanks. I was most concerned about the nudibranch, but it was still alive and kicking when I got home and it survived acclimation. After adding it to the tank it went right to town eating flatworms. I originally was going to get two of them because they are notoriously difficult to keep alive in a bag and to acclimate to your tank, but the vendor accidentally sold one of the two I had on hold with them. Luckily they still had one of them for me and I'm happy it survived the long day in a bag. I haven't seen it at all today, but its tiny and could be hiding anywhere. I hope its still alive and eating away at flatworms. It sure was being active and eating when I added it last night, so I'm optimistic.

Bummer on only getting one nudi, but glad he made back alive and hungry. Is he still alive and well?

Scoly - its a much brighter orange in person.

IMG_4941.jpg

25.00?!? :naughtydance:

Squamosa - from the top down its orange-ish with a blue rim

She's purdy :wub: Congrats! I need to catch up to you and Gena and get me a Squammy.

Pink Sea Fan

IMG_4947.jpg

:wub: This! Ive never seen one before either. Agree with Illu, that it looks very close to the blueberry one. But that color is so amazing. If anyone can firgure out a way toi keep it alive, it's you. And im hope so, because it looks so good in your tank. Cant wait to see a new FTS with it in there.

When I say the vendor was clueless, their specials at RAP were package deals on a 3 gallon cube tank that included either a clownfish or an H. Erectus seahorse. Don't even get me started on clownfish and seahorses in a tiny 3 gallon cube!

That just sucks! Almost hard to believe, but money is the root...for some people

IMG_4887.jpg

Between Illu always ranting about em and seeing your amazing 1/2 turn into a whole and these awesome pics from Rap. I want a scoly sooo bad! I have available sand bed for a change to :D

IMG_4880.jpg

So many cool display tanks from the vendors. I love how they all make such a giant effort for a three day show.

I'm not a fan of Tonga dominate scapes but this ones really striking! Again thanks for snapping all these cool pictures.

Worldwide Corals bought these 3 chalices during RAP for $8000. My photos do not do them justice!

Woa! That makes me feel better about my recent splurges :lol:

I found more seahorses! These are HUGE H. Reidi's.

IMG_4923.jpg

These are huge. That male is fixing to pop at any second.

Kind of weird there was so many seahorses for sale at a weekend event like that. Its such a specialty fish with such specific needs, you'd think they care more about the ponies, than putting them in temporary weekend displays and or selling them to who ever had enough money in there pocket to take them home, kinda sad.

And finally for some cuteness, this is my friend's 9.5 week old kitten. He traveled with us down to LA.

IMG_4868.jpg

Ahhh, some bonus fluff to close it out, nice how cute! I traveled 3 hours with my kitten to bring him home from the airport and he was a pill. Hope that one traveled better than mine.

:lol: You just got back from Rap and your already ordering more Kandy's from KP. Your my fellow coral junkie ahh. I'm one to talk cause im right behind you with my order with them, lol

Btw, Gena, did you see this rainbow St. Thomas mushroom that Aquascapers had? Its sold of course, but I just wanted to share. It was $99.

I would have gladly paid 99.00 for that colorful gem! Another piece i drool over in yours and Gena's thread. You two are trouble for my wallet,lol

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the pink gorg you have. When you posted the pictures, I remember that pink gorg looked so familiar. You got that pygmy seahorse picture from reefbuilders.com or aquanerd?

Yeah, after examining it closely, it really looks like the gorgonian in the photo I posted. I thought it looked familiar too and then it dawned on me that there was a pink gorgonian in all the pygmy seahorse photos. I had seen it on Reefbuilders and Aquanerd. That species of pygmy seahorse only lives on that specific gorgonian because they have evolved to be able to camouflage in that gorgonian. Well now that I know what it is, that's progress, but there still isn't much care info out there.

It seems really happy so far. It had almost no PE in the tank at ReefaPalooza, but after a day in my tank it has insane polyp extension. The polyps are BRIGHT pink, so its even prettier looking with the polyps out. I target fed it and the spiral wire a mix of cyclopeeze and ova last night. I'll keep you all posted on how its doing.

:lol: You just got back from Rap and your already ordering more Kandy's from KP. Your my fellow coral junkie ahh. I'm one to talk cause im right behind you with my order with them, lol

I would have gladly paid 99.00 for that colorful gem! Another piece i drool over in yours and Gena's thread. You two are trouble for my wallet,lol

I only ordered $41 worth (including shipping) from KPA, so I'm not a big spender like you :lol: I wanted a frilly sponge but they were expensive at RAP. Then KPA got them back in stock and I figured I'd place an order. What all are you ordering from KPA? If you want a St. Thomas, they have the lime green variety. I ordered one of those in this order.

Ok, i totally deserve another one of :slap: and one of these caked.giffor being a slacker

No worries! I know you're busy. I get behind all the time! The only issue with you getting behind is then you write me a super long post that I have to break down into a ton of different quotes :lol::P

Wow, what a nice variety of pieces you scored at Rap! I too, need to buy some of those Tisbe Pods. Your last batch of those exploded and fed everything and hung around for awhile if i remember correctly.

Thanks! I'm happy with what I got. I managed to get out without spending all that much either. Under $200 :) I definitely recommend the AlgaGen tisbe pods. Those things multiplied like crazy in my tank and were there for a long time. I still have some, but with 4 seahorses their population was getting very low. I figured adding a new batch of them would help.

Wow these mushrooms are bananas! So cool to see them, thanks for snapping pics of the higher end Kandy's :naughtydance:

There were a ton of really nice mushrooms at RAP. Unfortunately they were all way out of my budget. It was fun to window shop though!

Nice! Only in Cali :D I enjoy watching that show.

Its an entertaining show. I don't have a problem with it since its just for entertainment and they make some ridiculous tanks. The raffled off a custom made tank at RAP.

Bummer on only getting one nudi, but glad he made back alive and hungry. Is he still alive and well?

I'm not optimistic about the little guy. I haven't seen a glimpse of him since that first night. I won't entirely give up hope though since my pom pom crab can hide from me for months at a time. I hope he's down in the rocks eating up flatworms. They're just such touchy little things that I've heard they often just disappear after being added to the tank. That's why I wanted two to increase my odds of having one survive to eat flatworms. I was optimistic since this little guy was very active and eating the first night but who knows. I'll let you guys know if I see him!

25.00?!? :naughtydance:

Between Illu always ranting about em and seeing your amazing 1/2 turn into a whole and these awesome pics from Rap. I want a scoly sooo bad! I have available sand bed for a change to :D

Yep. Its not a fancy scoly, so not too expensive. They wanted $30 originally but I offered $25 and they took it. Its doing well so far and looks awesome under blue light. You should get one! You have so many other expensive, beautiful pieces in that tank that I am surprised you don't have a scoly.

She's purdy :wub: Congrats! I need to catch up to you and Gena and get me a Squammy.

Thanks! I do not know how I blame Gena for making me finally want a clam. I was never interested until I decided that I'm quitting SPS corals. Too much work! I'm over them! I'm giving clams a try and hoping they'll do better for me :)

:wub: This! Ive never seen one before either. Agree with Illu, that it looks very close to the blueberry one. But that color is so amazing. If anyone can firgure out a way toi keep it alive, it's you. And im hope so, because it looks so good in your tank. Cant wait to see a new FTS with it in there.

If its the same one the pygmy seahorses live in, then its not even the same family as the blueberry gorgonian or any of the gorgonians common in aquariums. It is an amazing color, which is why I had to give it a shot. It has amazing PE today and it looked like it ate some when I target fed it last night, so so far so good. I'll keep you posted on how it does. I've got to clean up the seahorse tank a bit and place things (I just threw in the new stuff from RAP since it was very late when I was acclimating things) and then I'll get a new FTS. So far the seahorses haven't hitched to it and are totally ignoring it.

That just sucks! Almost hard to believe, but money is the root...for some people

Seriously. I was so annoyed that they would sell a package deal like that with a tank that is obviously way too small for seahorses. They seemed a bit clueless in general. I hated to give them my business for the gorgonian, but they were the only vendor that had a unique gorgonian for a reasonable price, which was one of the things I was keeping an eye out for.

So many cool display tanks from the vendors. I love how they all make such a giant effort for a three day show.

I'm not a fan of Tonga dominate scapes but this ones really striking! Again thanks for snapping all these cool pictures.

Yeah, it has to be so much work setting all those tanks up and then taking them right back down again! I really like the tonga scape in that one and especially that tube anemone they had in there. I'd love to have a tube anemone. :)

Woa! That makes me feel better about my recent splurges :lol:

Please tell me you didn't spend $8000! :lol:

These are huge. That male is fixing to pop at any second.

Kind of weird there was so many seahorses for sale at a weekend event like that. Its such a specialty fish with such specific needs, you'd think they care more about the ponies, than putting them in temporary weekend displays and or selling them to who ever had enough money in there pocket to take them home, kinda sad.

Yeah that male was VERY pregnant. I wasn't expecting to see too many but then there were 3 different vendors with them. Luckily they didn't seem to be selling at all, because I was concerned that clueless people would buy them and end up killing them. Phil Your Aquarium had some at their booth but they weren't for sale. They had just brought them from their store to put in a display tank at their booth. Christina from PYA posts on here and she takes good care of those seahorses. Most of them were wild caught but she has them all eating frozen mysis. I watched her feed them Saturday at the end of the show. She did say that she would consider selling them at the very end of the show if someone was really interested, but at least they weren't trying to sell them to clueless hobbyists. They just had them there to have a pretty display tank.

Jon at Southwatch told me he's taken seahorses to a couple of these type events with Piscine Energetics, which makes sense. PE was at RAP but they didn't have any seahorses at their booth.

Ahhh, some bonus fluff to close it out, nice how cute! I traveled 3 hours with my kitten to bring him home from the airport and he was a pill. Hope that one traveled better than mine.

Jak-Jak had a rough start at life and is kind of special needs, so my friend takes him everywhere with her. She works at a vet clinic and someone brought him in there to be euthanized, but the vet saved him and my friend adopted him. She takes him into work with her everyday and on errands she runs, etc. We even took him to the LFS with us the day I bought the christmas tree worms. So he's really used to traveling and being handled. He puts up with everything and is just a happy little guy!

Lol. That gorg should do fine as long as it's fed and kept under stable and good water conditions. Holy cow, you and zia talk a lot to each other haha. So many quotes in just one post hah.

You are so good at quoting and answering Zia. I'm lazy and just throw all of my responses into one giant response. He probably hates me for it. :lol:

Yeah I keep a close eye on mine. It still has great polyp extension and looks happy for the most part, so I think the flesh loss may be from where I had to remove some annoying hair algae. I just figure I should feed it some more food to be safe.

I wanted one of their yellow frilly sponges but they were sold out when I ordered last time. I've been waiting to see it in stock again. Can't beat $15.50 for shipping from Florida plus their already amazing prices. $13 for the St. Thomas mushroom is about as cheap as you can get them. I figured I'd get another one. Glad to hear you've had one like that before and like it!

I did see that rainbow!!!! I totally want one. They have another on the site today. It's not nearly as nice though, if you ask me. I like the bubbles on the one posted here better. I'm keeping my eye out for another like this one. I was bad....I did end up placing an order with Aquascapers today. I'll post it on my thread. :)

Lol. That gorg should do fine as long as it's fed and kept under stable and good water conditions. Holy cow, you and zia talk a lot to each other haha. So many quotes in just one post hah.

I sure hope so! As soon as I fed the seahorses today and there were mysis bits in the water, it put out all its polyps and ate bits of mysis. So far so good!

Yeah, Zia doesn't post for a while and then when he does he writes like an entire page :lol:

You are so good at quoting and answering Zia. I'm lazy and just throw all of my responses into one giant response. He probably hates me for it. :lol:

I did see that rainbow!!!! I totally want one. They have another on the site today. It's not nearly as nice though, if you ask me. I like the bubbles on the one posted here better. I'm keeping my eye out for another like this one. I was bad....I did end up placing an order with Aquascapers today. I'll post it on my thread. :)

I used to be lazy about it and then realized how confusing it was. I started breaking up the quote so it makes sense.

I saw the one today too. I thought about buying it for a good 5 minutes and decided not to. I do think the earlier one was much nicer. Maybe they'll get another one like it soon. You ordered again?! I gotta go over to your thread now and see what you bought!

wow the tank is beautiful, :Dcongrats. umm do you have a skimmer? :wacko:

Thanks so much! You're too kind :) This tank does not have a skimmer. Just a HOB Aquaclear 70 filter with chaeto, filter floss, Purigen, and ChemiPure Elite. No skimmer, no reactors, and no sump on this tank :) The seahorse tank however does have a skimmer and reactors because of the heavy feeding in that tank.

I only ordered $41 worth (including shipping) from KPA, so I'm not a big spender like you :lol: I wanted a frilly sponge but they were expensive at RAP. Then KPA got them back in stock and I figured I'd place an order. What all are you ordering from KPA? If you want a St. Thomas, they have the lime green variety. I ordered one of those in this order.

41.00 with shipping clap2.gif I could stand to learn a thing or two about your shopping ways! I was so ready to place my first KP order today to. But i'll have to wait a week or so and let my tank find its happy again.

No worries! I know you're busy. I get behind all the time! The only issue with you getting behind is then you write me a super long post that I have to break down into a ton of different quotes :lol::P

Your fault i'm behind, if you'd slow down on posting all this awesomeness in here :P Those gracious Rap pictures were so dang enjoyable and elicited all those responses, so again, totally your fault :P

Thanks! I'm happy with what I got. I managed to get out without spending all that much either. Under $200 :) I definitely recommend the AlgaGen tisbe pods. Those things multiplied like crazy in my tank and were there for a long time. I still have some, but with 4 seahorses their population was getting very low. I figured adding a new batch of them would help.

200.00, wow you were a good gurl! Either there was some smokin deals and or you were a good negotiator, because you got some serious bang for your buck!

There were a ton of really nice mushrooms at RAP. Unfortunately they were all way out of my budget. It was fun to window shop though!

Dang i want to comment here, but i'll save the comments and use them as sparingly as possible :lol:

Its an entertaining show. I don't have a problem with it since its just for entertainment and they make some ridiculous tanks. The raffled off a custom made tank at RAP.

I'm not optimistic about the little guy. I haven't seen a glimpse of him since that first night. I won't entirely give up hope though since my pom pom crab can hide from me for months at a time. I hope he's down in the rocks eating up flatworms. They're just such touchy little things that I've heard they often just disappear after being added to the tank. That's why I wanted two to increase my odds of having one survive to eat flatworms. I was optimistic since this little guy was very active and eating the first night but who knows. I'll let you guys know if I see him!

Does a :( Emoticon count as a comment here? If so, strike it.

Yep. Its not a fancy scoly, so not too expensive. They wanted $30 originally but I offered $25 and they took it. Its doing well so far and looks awesome under blue light. You should get one! You have so many other expensive, beautiful pieces in that tank that I am surprised you don't have a scoly.

Cool piece and the price of it makes it even sweeter.

I bet if i look hard enough in my overstocked tank, i might find a scoly or three now that you mention it :lol: No telling what i stuffed in there during my buying sprees recently.

Thanks! I do not know how I blame Gena for making me finally want a clam. I was never interested until I decided that I'm quitting SPS corals. Too much work! I'm over them! I'm giving clams a try and hoping they'll do better for me :)

Wait what?!? Your quitting SPS and your over them, where did i miss this? Now i really feel behind on your thread again.

Maybe i misread that post or missed something...After my recent tank issue and seeing how delicate and hard it is to keep SPS alive and well. I can't blame you. But your latest FTS showed your SPS thriving and looking better than ever, huh im just confused on this one.

If its the same one the pygmy seahorses live in, then its not even the same family as the blueberry gorgonian or any of the gorgonians common in aquariums. It is an amazing color, which is why I had to give it a shot. It has amazing PE today and it looked like it ate some when I target fed it last night, so so far so good. I'll keep you posted on how it does. I've got to clean up the seahorse tank a bit and place things (I just threw in the new stuff from RAP since it was very late when I was acclimating things) and then I'll get a new FTS. So far the seahorses haven't hitched to it and are totally ignoring it.

Cant wait to see a new FTS with this new beauty and all your other recent goodies. Sounds amazing with bright pink PE!

Also this gorg purchase sounds more like a rescue than a purchase, considering they probably would have killed/starved it to death if it didnt sell over the weekend by taking it back to there store. Considering there lack of knowledge or care. Full size pony in a three gallon kit, geeze

Yeah, it has to be so much work setting all those tanks up and then taking them right back down again! I really like the tonga scape in that one and especially that tube anemone they had in there. I'd love to have a tube anemone. :)

+1 on the tube a. (this short comment only counts for a 1/4 of a post btw)

Please tell me you didn't spend $8000! :lol:

Easily half of that in the past two months on equipment upgrades and my kandy splurges. Sik i know, someone smack me!

Yeah that male was VERY pregnant. I wasn't expecting to see too many but then there were 3 different vendors with them. Luckily they didn't seem to be selling at all, because I was concerned that clueless people would buy them and end up killing them. Phil Your Aquarium had some at their booth but they weren't for sale. They had just brought them from their store to put in a display tank at their booth. Christina from PYA posts on here and she takes good care of those seahorses. Most of them were wild caught but she has them all eating frozen mysis. I watched her feed them Saturday at the end of the show. She did say that she would consider selling them at the very end of the show if someone was really interested, but at least they weren't trying to sell them to clueless hobbyists. They just had them there to have a pretty display tank.

Ok ive officially maxed out with my posts, so i cant comment on this N/A

Jon at Southwatch told me he's taken seahorses to a couple of these type events with Piscine Energetics, which makes sense. PE was at RAP but they didn't have any seahorses at their booth.

N/A here also (Dang i had something good to say here to)

Jak-Jak had a rough start at life and is kind of special needs, so my friend takes him everywhere with her. She works at a vet clinic and someone brought him in there to be euthanized, but the vet saved him and my friend adopted him. She takes him into work with her everyday and on errands she runs, etc. We even took him to the LFS with us the day I bought the christmas tree worms. So he's really used to traveling and being handled. He puts up with everything and is just a happy little guy!

Ok, i have to comment on this awesome kitty rescue or id be a heartless, punch a Nun and light a pile of puppies on fire, kinda of guy if i didn't say something here.

Thats amazing and speaks volumes about your friend. I certainly would love to say i got my new kitty in a similar fashion, but uhh no.

Kudos to her!

Holy cow, you and zia talk a lot to each other haha. So many quotes in just one post hah.

You see Illu, i have to. She makes me or i get one of these whip.gif

Nah you do a awesome job tending to my needing ways :lol: Don't change a thing.

I just like making Felicia work extra to make up for all the seahorse start up questions way back when :lol:

j/k love.gif

Thanks so much! You're too kind :) This tank does not have a skimmer. Just a HOB Aquaclear 70 filter with chaeto, filter floss, Purigen, and ChemiPure Elite. No skimmer, no reactors, and no sump on this tank :) The seahorse tank however does have a skimmer and reactors because of the heavy feeding in that tank.

cool beans. I was wondering before I went out and bought one. Didn't really want a skimmer, because I hate the gurgling sounds that come from most of them. I'm following your build close as I can.

Pretty girls, you and Gina are too btw. :)

41.00 with shipping clap2.gif I could stand to learn a thing or two about your shopping ways! I was so ready to place my first KP order today to. But i'll have to wait a week or so and let my tank find its happy again.

Your fault i'm behind, if you'd slow down on posting all this awesomeness in here :P Those gracious Rap pictures were so dang enjoyable and elicited all those responses, so again, totally your fault :P

200.00, wow you were a good gurl! Either there was some smokin deals and or you were a good negotiator, because you got some serious bang for your buck!

Dang i want to comment here, but i'll save the comments and use them as sparingly as possible :lol:

Does a :( Emoticon count as a comment here? If so, strike it.

Cool piece and the price of it makes it even sweeter.

I bet if i look hard enough in my overstocked tank, i might find a scoly or three now that you mention it :lol: No telling what i stuffed in there during my buying sprees recently.

Wait what?!? Your quitting SPS and your over them, where did i miss this? Now i really feel behind on your thread again.

Maybe i misread that post or missed something...After my recent tank issue and seeing how delicate and hard it is to keep SPS alive and well. I can't blame you. But your latest FTS showed your SPS thriving and looking better than ever, huh im just confused on this one.

Cant wait to see a new FTS with this new beauty and all your other recent goodies. Sounds amazing with bright pink PE!

Also this gorg purchase sounds more like a rescue than a purchase, considering they probably would have killed/starved it to death if it didnt sell over the weekend by taking it back to there store. Considering there lack of knowledge or care. Full size pony in a three gallon kit, geeze

+1 on the tube a. (this short comment only counts for a 1/4 of a post btw)

Easily half of that in the past two months on equipment upgrades and my kandy splurges. Sik i know, someone smack me!

Ok ive officially maxed out with my posts, so i cant comment on this N/A

N/A here also (Dang i had something good to say here to)

Ok, i have to comment on this awesome kitty rescue or id be a heartless, punch a Nun and light a pile of puppies on fire, kinda of guy if i didn't say something here.

Thats amazing and speaks volumes about your friend. I certainly would love to say i got my new kitty in a similar fashion, but uhh no.

Kudos to her!

I'm going to be like Gena and just answer this as one big thing.

1) KPA's prices are just so cheap and I didn't order that much. Also, I like that some of their stuff can be shipped priority mail for only $15.50. I'm sorry you have to wait on your KPA order now :(

2) I'll slow down on posting again so you don't get too behind :)

3) I was impressed with myself for staying under my $300 budget. I did find some good deals. That scoly for $25 and the squamosa for $30 were probably the best deals. There were definitely some good deals at RAP on certain things. Clams were definitely cheaper there than I can get them locally. I did do a bit of negotiating, which is always fun :)

4) Now I want to know what you were going to say! :P

5) You're hilarious with your rationing of comments now!

6) You don't know if you have a scoly?! I think this is a sign that you have a problem. Zia, the first step is admitting that you are a coral addict :lol:

7) I was on an SPS kick for a while and got some really nice mini colonies and then lost them all at once and was super frustrated. I've decided not to spend money on any more SPS corals. I like them but they are just too finicky. I am keeping the ones I have that do well for me, but I don't plan to buy any more. I was also having issues with making everything happy in terms of water quality. If the water was clean enough for the touchier SPS corals, then my zoas and softies wouldn't grow and looked pissy. And vice versa. Weirdly my slimer, birdsnests, montis, undatas, pocci, and the Golden Goose acro do just fine with the slightly dirtier water that makes my zoas grow like crazy. I love my couple easy SPS corals and I'm just going to stick with them. I put my maxima clam up on the SPS ledge to fill in the empty space after I lost those mini colonies. The seahorse tank has really made me appreciate the softies and gorgonians so much more. They're just as pretty and soooo much easier.

8) Yeah I think the gorgonian purchase was definitely more of a rescue. If it dies on me, at least I know I will have done more than that store would have to keep it alive. Its got polyp extension again today and ate cyclopeeze last night so I am being cautiously optimistic about it :) I'm going to clean the seahorse tank this evening, so I'll get a FTS if I have time.

9) Well with that as 1/4 of a post, you are currently at a total of 6.25 posts. :D

10) Again, you have a problem! I would have the same problem if I had that much extra money to spend on my tanks. Its a good thing I'm a student and don't have a real job or I'd spend too much to. Speaking of your equipment upgrade, is that fancy ATO reservoir you got from Advanced Acrylics? I was eyeing one of those at their booth at RAP and am soooo tempted to buy one. They're just so sleek and would take up way less room in the tiny stand for the seahorse tank than the Home Depot bucket I am using currently.

11) So 7.25 posts is your max? When does that start over? Hourly, daily? :lol:

12) I really want to know what you wanted to say about Jon taking the seahorses to events for the PE booth. Tell me! I take back that you post too much :)

13) Yeah she's quite the animal lover and now has a kitten, two dogs, and like 5 aquariums. I don't blame you for buying your purebred exotic shorthair. They're adorable cats and not too common in shelters. I was planning to buy a ragdoll cat from a breeder until I found Lily through a rescue. I still wonder how an adorable 8 week old ragdoll kitten Lily ended up in a shelter.

You see Illu, i have to. She makes me or i get one of these whip.gif

Nah you do a awesome job tending to my needing ways :lol: Don't change a thing.

I just like making Felicia work extra to make up for all the seahorse start up questions way back when :lol:

j/k love.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

cool beans. I was wondering before I went out and bought one. Didn't really want a skimmer, because I hate the gurgling sounds that come from most of them. I'm following your build close as I can.

Pretty girls, you and Gina are too btw. :)

It really all depends on your system. It is definitely possible to do a nano tank without a skimmer. I'm personally not a big fan of skimmers either. I started out with one on this tank because I thought I needed it and then ended up taking it off because it wasn't necessary.

Aw, thank you :D

LOL...least you numbered your responses. ;)

:lol:;)

Sh*t i see i'm behind in here, yet again cry.png I definitely need a drink now :lol:

:D I didn't say anything exciting. Go get yourself a drink. You deserve one with all the craziness with your tank! When does the newest fluff ball arrive? Just focus on the adorable kittens instead of the tank!

Archived