Cultivated Reef

Ballz' Reef

iball1804

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. I do almost daily water changes with distilled and Reef Crystals. I siphon out the algae multiple times a week. What am I doing wrong?

colormyheart
I don't get it. I do almost daily water changes with distilled and Reef Crystals. I siphon out the algae multiple times a week. What am I doing wrong?

Pictures would help. Diatoms or what?

Thinking of getting an MP10. Yay?

Waste of $200+. IMO just give up and get out of this money pit. That's what I did and I don't regret it.

...But I wasn't so stupid that I couldn't keep corals alive and algae grew everywhere. Bahaha you fail. I had a thriving SPS reef. I just gave up because of instability in my life. :P

colormyheart
Thinking of getting an MP10. Yay?

of course that's a yay. and if you beg to differ, buy it and send it to meee

of course that's a yay. and if you beg to differ, buy it and send it to meee

Yeah yeah, +1 definitely. Buy one for yourself ballz. I want to see you waste your money. :)

Hmm I can't find the equilibrium. My monti has had some great growth though.

WOW! CONGRATS! A monti with some GREAT GROWTH! :happy:

You're going up against full color-up from 100% brown out on difficult acro species buddy. I win. :P

devilsadvocate
IMO just give up and get out of this money pit. That's what I did and I don't regret it.

stfu and gtfo fgt.

Considering I've never tried anything other than a monti...

Wow, still, nice job. Growth on a monti. *clap-clap*

Brad, turns out my gun's striker was extremely stiff due to an oversized o-ring. I replaced my newer o-ring with one of the softer and smaller original ones. I made sure that it was a great condition before placing it back on.

Drum roll!

It works! Man this thing can shoot. What kind of gun do you have? Probably some 1600$ monster.

What lubricant should I use? I used machine oil which can evidently act as a replacement for mineral oil.

Good lord, that's a gun :eek:

They sell specific oil for pb guns, dicks probably has it. Just put a drop or two in the asa(where the tank screws into) then when you air up the gun and shoot it, the oil will get on the oring's.

Archived