ReefCleaners.org

Ballz' Reef

iball1804

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks bro!

To be honest, I haven't done a WC in a while. I'm starting to get diatoms (wtf...) all over my sandbed. I think because of the added nutrients.

Its nuttin man.

I know what ya mean. I just found out my buildings water supply comes from copper pipes that are 53yrs old. Shhhhiiii####.. So My family gots me a rodi to fix that.

Just try and scoop out some that junk with a net or something. make for flow in the affected areas if possable. and start saving some dollars. 2gal water change is probable better than non at all. but hey my buddy never changes his water.in his 180 reef. just doses. as long as you got a system that works. sweet.

iball1804

:lol: Yeah you're def need a RO/DI for that!

My only worry is that if I siphon too much water out, I won't have enough to replace it, and my return will start sucking air.

common do it. the more you refuse, the more your thread gets spammed with my sig.

you afraid of an ugly tank or something? poast da pics

:lol: Yeah you're def need a RO/DI for that!

My only worry is that if I siphon too much water out, I won't have enough to replace it, and my return will start sucking air.

Ok. Take a MJ. add a hose to it. and zip tie a sock. clean one. or real filter sock to it. so when you suck up nasty slime water with the mj. it will catch all the crap in yhe sock and the water simply falls back into your tank. water and salt lever stays the same. cleaner sandbed. unless someone els sees a issue with this?

Did you kill my zoas?

It's quite possible to make 3 bills per hour.. $100/hr fixing 3 systems at once. Apple users are stupid enough to pay... i mean, they pay $1700 for a pile of crap laptop that only 3% of the whole world even uses.

iball1804

Your zoas haven't looked better.

Oh it's definitely possible. I've done it!

kevantheman35
Which I bought and can't wait to use!!

Send me some pics when you get it in your tank!

:lol: true, true. Do you have a tank?

Yea I have a 20''x20''x20'' cube at the moment. I haven't put pics up in over a year I will have to take some as its looking pretty good lately. I'm about to upgrade to a 60g cube or the Elos system 70 this summer probably.

devilsadvocate
It's quite possible to make 3 bills per hour.. $100/hr fixing 3 systems at once. Apple users are stupid enough to pay... i mean, they pay $1700 for a pile of crap laptop that only 3% of the whole world even uses.

137505813_large.jpg

also this

/edit, nvm im going to get banned for that picture.

iball1804
yeah post pics of the process and stuff, use your color coordinated iphone looking thing

pics of me at the grocery store? heck, I'll take pics of the cart.

did you try the MJ pump vacume idea?

as of right now, I'll stick with my siphoning, but when in doubt, I'll try it out! (hey that rhymed!)

Archived