Innovative Marine Aquariums

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

Bit worried about my sea star.... got a marbled star, his bag was a bit cold..... but all the legs were intact and he looked to be in one piece with good color.

We will see!

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for you ... that must have been quite a trip they took but it seems that in the end it worked out just fine !

Really Can't imagine the trip they had, and the TSB I got for the Nano is well over 1" in size nice! I am pleased with this even though they took another whole 24 hours to get to me. Just glad their alive, I would have cried if all those little lives had been lost due to shipping issues.

• Like 1

Thanks! I sold a bunch of the Dragon's Breath the last 24 hours! Like wow how fast that went.

When it warms up again I am going to start offering shipping again, I love seeing them spread around though, soon corals will be doing the same! ;)

• Like 1

Bit worried about my sea star.... got a marbled star, his bag was a bit cold..... but al the legs were intact and he looked to be in one piece with good color.

We will see!

Did you slowly acclimate to the aquarium temp ? I imagine you did ... so as you say ... wait and see and if it start to fall apart I guess you will need to remove it IMO

• Like 1

Did you slowly acclimate to the aquarium temp ? I imagine you did ... so as you say ... wait and see and if it start to fall apart I guess you will need to remove it IMO

Yeah I let them float for about 30 minutes or so and then added them, I actually purposley ignored them for the entire time and forced myself to forget for a few minutes that they were in there. Otherwise I was worried I would jump the gun, but yep.

Star is still in the same spot he was when he when in the tank ..... the crabs are okay and the little TSB has the most AWESOME camo ever! His whole face has this amazing light teal face paint camo so cool.

• Like 1

Yeah I let them float for about 30 minutes or so and then added them, I actually purposley ignored them for the entire time and forced myself to forget for a few minutes that they were in there. Otherwise I was worried I would jump the gun, but yep.

Star is still in the same spot he was when he when in the tank ..... the crabs are okay and the little TSB has the most AWESOME camo ever! His whole face has this amazing light teal face paint camo so cool.

+1 ... keep us posted but then I am sure you will :-)

BTW I posted an update on the book on my thread yesterday evening ... with final retail price etc ... and lots of detail ... guess you have seen it ...

• Like 1

So the star started to melt and fall apart on 3 legs, he is now out of the tank in a dish of very still water to see, he was moving the center and other parts that werent moving.

I am not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Yes the TSB is doing okay in the nano, still hiding but less and less camo

the star idk.... it may make it in the dish..... it's clear so I can see through and the little feet are out, but it's still falling apart where it had started already.... 1/4 of one leg gone and 1/3 of another..... the half of one underside all melted and the pretty marbled skin if flappy in the water. I am so bummed, but also relieved it was just 1 of 4 dead.

I will give him a bit more then I may call it a day on the starfish.

• Like 1

Thank you!

May consider selling this system...... Hmmmmm just don't have the time and the last few months have been hard......

Hmmmm I will let you guys know what I decide, nothing right now though.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

The star needed many, many hours more of acclimation. They cannot tolerate swings of, well, any kind. Serpent stars seem to be the only exception to that.

The star needed many, many hours more of acclimation. They cannot tolerate swings of, well, any kind. Serpent stars seem to be the only exception to that.

He was cold, like under 70 when he got here, they got stuck in Tenn last night, ammonia in the bag going toxic vs a slight quick swing. And I think he is going to make it, he is now in the cup in the tank crawling around and no more melting....

Much more active, I think he was kind of frozen and got thawed then started to melt. anywayz, sorry no pics, been busy, some drama etc going on here at home so pics this weekend, sorry.

And the Red Spiney/Knobby one got tossed in the sump no acclimation ..... no issues with him at all.

Quick added note : he is now climbing the glass in the tank, 2 legs lost the tips and one had started to melt but it looks like all death has halted at least for now....

• Like 1

Thanks! I sold a bunch of the Dragon's Breath the last 24 hours! Like wow how fast that went.

When it warms up again I am going to start offering shipping again, I love seeing them spread around though, soon corals will be doing the same! ;)

In that case I will need another frag of your green pocci since mine was DOA when I moved...so sad :tears:

Thank you!

May consider selling this system...... Hmmmmm just don't have the time and the last few months have been hard......

Hmmmm I will let you guys know what I decide, nothing right now though.

:o

• Like 1

Last update for the night, star is now crusing the tank, he has 4 1/3 legs but looks great now.

Woo Hoo! I just love happy endings! :happy:

• Like 2

In that case I will need another frag of your green pocci since mine was DOA when I moved...so sad :tears:

:o

Bummer!

I am only cinsidering it .... life changes may call fo downsizing.... but I would frag my favorites and move them to the nano as I have enough Par and good lights on there now.... I would not lose all my stick no way I love them too much! ;)

Woo Hoo! I just love happy endings! :happy:

Yep, it actively fed when I fed the tank and is moving around pertty well. Guess the no flow soak turned it around, he sat in water (I changed it every 15 minutes to keep temp regulated) for about 3 hours or so..... Thanks guys.

The emerald crabs are doing great, trimming the hedges for me and the TSB is grazing on the back wall of the nano as I type, I couldn't help but give another mini update.

Thanks for your well wishes, and Maria I will let you know when the weather gets to where I am okay with shipping overnight without it getting stuck somewhere freezing and be a waste. <_<

• Like 1

All's well that ends well!!! So glad they survived the extra night in the bags!!!!! My mouth dropped too when I read about you shutting this down. But...I completely understand. As long as you at least keep the nano running ;) Big tanks can burn you out fast...from my experience. As much as I want the 60g cube, I know I would probably get tired of maintaining it.

Yay for the starfish :happy:

• Like 2

Gena glad someone understands! Not in the immediagte furture, but maybe in 6-8 months. Keep the clowns and breed them sell everything else to a local as complete setup... would be easiest, but you'll know well before that happens.

Also the emerald crabs from live aquaria are chowing on the little patch of byropsis that showed up on the midas zoas. Nice nice! :happy:

• Like 2

Yeah...I've been there. I always think I can handle more than one tank, but nope...just doesn't work for me. You'll be much happier with the smaller tank. My life is so much easier with just one tank again.

Sounds like you scored with those emeralds. Do they have big claws or little claws? I wouldn't mind picking up a little clawed emerald. But, my LFS hasn't had any..only big claws. I'm afraid to order online since it's not WYSIWYG.

• Like 1

One has bigger claws (but still very skinny pincers with spoons on the end) and the other is smaller the bigger one was eating the Byropsis and a small patch of Turf Algae, the other was eating the bubble I have on a candy cane.

I got them from the Drs, not WYSIWYG but I am pleased with the little creepy crawlies.

Star was alive and clinging to the front glass of the tank today, HTH did I get him to stop melting? I still don't get why he melted in the tank and not in the dish, same water etc just no flow .... Oh well I'm just glad I didn't have any casualties with that LONG 48 hour overnight shipment!

Was talking to A bout selling this system last night, either way he wants to keep a bigger, so I was considering a rimless cube and etc. But that is down the road and I would set that up and cycle it first then move certain favorites over there ex. Poe and the Yasha Pistol pair and Xerxes as well. :lol: Then the clowns would go into a breeding tank omg then I would in reality have MORE tanks! LMAO not making my life easier there MR. Hubby. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

:lol: You are talking way more work! Are you just tired of the 40b style?

I have a bunch of bubble algae. That's why I've considered an emerald crab. It's just as easy for me to pick the bubbles off the rocks too though.

Rimless cube is what I'm interested in too :)

• Like 1

:lol: You are talking way more work! Are you just tired of the 40b style?

I have a bunch of bubble algae. That's why I've considered an emerald crab. It's just as easy for me to pick the bubbles off the rocks too though.

Rimless cube is what I'm interested in too :)

No I like it I just don't want to have the work, but it would be way more as I do want to breed the clowns, their just starting to show the spawning behavior, and I LOVE my SPS. I know I can keep them in the Nano with these lights but I would hate dosing a tiny tank, I am so used to measuring larger amounts that the nano would throw me for a bit.

We will see what happens, not in the immenient future. ;)

• Like 1

Pics soon, their uploading now, some bad news though, I got home from work yesterday and the starfish had decided to lose more of the 2 legs that were partially damaged, then about an hour later the center started to fall apart and other legs were starting to detach, he was quickly removed.

Oh well got to love the live arrival and 14 day guarantee the Drs' have. They were very nice and quick to help.

I am bummed though, he lasted almost 2 days looking GREAT then just bleh. :( poor guy, I feel so bad ..... :tears: first one I have lost in over a year.

• Like 1

Archived