Top Shelf Aquatics

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

so we have a purple firefish now, and it has been dubbed Speedy Lightning Fire...... :blink: IKR! Big name for a little fish. Pics after it's acclimated and I can find it again.

:lol:

Woot!!!!!! Love the name :lol: I really need to name my critters :lol:

As I said on FB...you definitely have the magic touch :)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woot!!!!!! Love the name :lol: I really need to name my critters :lol:

As I said on FB...you definitely have the magic touch :)

Thanks all credit goes to K she is just hilarious!

And thanks again, I have pics the fish acclimated no issues and is swimming around not stressed at all. Totally the easiest acclimation I have one yet. B)

Saw a Pinkbar Goby there was so tempted, I love their tails but not with the fire fish for now. Maybe later.....

Thanks all credit goes to K she is just hilarious!

And thanks again, I have pics the fish acclimated no issues and is swimming around not stressed at all. Totally the easiest acclimation I have one yet. B)

Saw a Pinkbar Goby there was so tempted, I love their tails but not with the fire fish for now. Maybe later.....

How big is the firefish? Mine was full grown when I got it. I've seen babies at my LFS, they are so cute.

How big is the firefish? Mine was full grown when I got it. I've seen babies at my LFS, they are so cute.

2-3" so I think kind of close to being full grown. :huh::D

whats going on with this tank, any pictures of corals? how are they doing?

Pics as requested

It's coming along everything is growing in again. Got a new Pearlberry frag but it's truly a frag. -_-

Thanks for dropping by! hows everything?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Pics as requested

It's coming along everything is growing in again. Got a new Pearlberry frag but it's truly a frag. -_-

Thanks for dropping by! hows everything?

cool, so so, working alot so not alot of time for much else, family is all good, and tank is just "....maintained"... lol

cool, so so, working alot so not alot of time for much else, family is all good, and tank is just "....maintained"... lol

Know the feeling ;) . If the SPS at the bottom weren't still coloring up and encrusting I would be placing them today but I am so behind with house stuff and work stuff it's sad. So since they look better then they did last Monday when I put them in there they are staying for now. ;)

Very. I want one!!

Thanks! He was 24.99 at the local LFS. I love living in FL for two reasons, the beach and the prices at the LFS. ;)

He looks awesome! Great price too! The LFS near me sells them for $45 :(

Thanks he is eating like a little piggy and isn't too worried about the damsel.

And I definitely wouldn't have bought him if he had been that much. They had the helfrichi firefish for 69.99 but I am not paying that for a fish. Didn't for a single one and won't! All my fish came from either Tanks A Lot (Midas, Mandarin and Firefish) in Lake Worth or Ocean World Corals (Clowns, Damsel, Yasha and Pistol, cleaner) in Boynton Beach, Never had an issue with health or them not eating. B) Love the LFS I go to. :happy:

Awe...Speedy!!!!! He is a handsome boy. Looks about the size mine was, maybe not quite as long. I forget what Joel named mine...Yanelli or something like that. They are such great fish!!!!

Awe...Speedy!!!!! He is a handsome boy. Looks about the size mine was, maybe not quite as long. I forget what Joel named mine...Yanelli or something like that. They are such great fish!!!!

Yeah he is not shy at all. Right at the front begging for food and biting the glass for the pods! Awesome fish.

Yeah prices around here stink. But when I figure in shipping it's still cheaper to buy fish locally

True! Shipping sucks! -_- but at least the have an arrive alive guarantee no guarantee on local buys for me. -_-

Yeah he is not shy at all. Right at the front begging for food and biting the glass for the pods! Awesome fish.

That's fantastic! Mine always hid, from the very beginning until the end. I think it was way too big for my size of tank.

albertthiel
Thanks! He was 24.99 at the local LFS. I love living in FL for two reasons, the beach and the prices at the LFS. ;)

Wow great price indeed ! I could not get for that here in GA.

That's fantastic! Mine always hid, from the very beginning until the end. I think it was way too big for my size of tank.

Yeah he is actually out right now even thought the fuge lights are off.... crazy fish!

Wow great price indeed ! I could not get for that here in GA.

Thanks! I have heard that a lot re my prices vs other states. Florida is good for a few things. :P

Got something new again!

533098_10151092687539029_1260590501_n.jpg

This is squishy the Rock Flower Nem. This was taken with my iPhone about 10 minutes after placing him. If he likes it there that is probably where he is staying.

Awe....I love squishy!!!!! I just got two (plus a baby) rock anemones myself. They are pretty awesome nems!!!! :)

They are nice indeed, usually stay right where you put them and do not move around, like to bury partially in the sand but can inflict powerful stings to other corals and are not host anemones IME

Awe....I love squishy!!!!! I just got two (plus a baby) rock anemones myself. They are pretty awesome nems!!!! :)

Thanks! I was mulling it over and decided why not. Glad I did. :happy:

They are nice indeed, usually stay right where you put them and do not move around, like to bury partially in the sand but can inflict powerful stings to other corals and are not host anemones IME

Yeah not worried about him hosing or not, and I put him by the froggie so they can be mean together. I get stung about once every time I am in the tank by him so I know how it goes with aggressive guys. ;)

Mine have hosted porcelain crabs :D

Cool!

Mine is hosting my sexy shrimp and I saw one of the clowns rubbing against one as well. The person I got them from said his clown is hosted by this variety...maybe there are different kinds. The ones I got are not sticky. Only the foot is sticky-ish.

Archived