Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A LOT OF GREEN STAR POLYPS! I NEED THEM GONE!

Miami Reefer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my Gsp today and met the mailman for it... lol It was a hot day today so I had no doubt it would be a hot lil package... acclimated and added to the tank, well see if it comes back...

Miami Reefer

All gsp sent out but I still have many frags left.

I hope they all make it. Those of you that received some gsp please pm me and let me know how it is doing!!!!

Flying Bones
Got my Gsp today and met the mailman for it... lol It was a hot day today so I had no doubt it would be a hot lil package... acclimated and added to the tank, well see if it comes back...

Plus 1. Got mine today, thanks for the ontime shipping. We'll see what happens from here...it was definately HOT. Went into the tank for temp acclimating, now hanging out on the bottom in the shade.

Builder Anthony

Its sort of funny if this topic appears on the home page of nano reefs because it posts updated topics there but if the topic title is to long it will only display a portion.So was was at nano reefs home reading threw the new topics and i see green polpys i need them.It didnt say you needed them gone and looked like you wanted to buy some lol. :)

That'd be pretty cool if it were on the back of your tank ;)

Lol yeah thats what I was thinking, Im trying to get mine to grow on the back!

Alright i thought things over.Im gona skip this just because i dont have the space.Heres what i was htinking about doing and maybe youll want to take it over instead.Buy one 5 gallon ank from petco and throw a par 38 bulb on it with a heater and airstone.That should cost you 140 bucks.Scarape all the gsp off and throw it in that tank..perferably you can peel it off in big sheets.Dont put anything else in the tank and just use it as a aquaculture tank.You got the coral right there its a bullet proof plan to make money on if you have the space.Currently i live in a apt where tanks arent allowed and i have two five gallons.I just started up my second tank as a frag tank and i was thinking about droping this on the bottom but i think it would take over the rack.So within 6 months id need another tank becase the gsp would take over.I just dont have the space but thats what i would do.It should dish out some cash after a few months.Sorry i bothered you with the pm.

Wait you mean get a little 5 or 10 gal tank and get a LED PAR38 lamp and a heater and airstone, and no filtration? Just add the water? Will this sustain?

My GSP still isn't opening (it's been 3 days). Is this normal?

I've read many times of it not opening for weeks at a time, I wouldn't worry yet

I've read many times of it not opening for weeks at a time, I wouldn't worry yet

+1. They can stay closed for weeks when they are first introduced into a new system. I would not be too worried. You will know if they are dying or just closed. As a precaution I would check your parameters and make sure everything is on the up and up.

+1. They can stay closed for weeks when they are first introduced into a new system. I would not be too worried. You will know if they are dying or just closed. As a precaution I would check your parameters and make sure everything is on the up and up.

I bought some at a local lfs and had in my tank 2 hrs later, its been 3 days and has not opened yet. I hope eveyone is right about it taking a long time to reopen?

Miami Reefer

alright some of you have pm'd me about the gsp not opening. The frags that i cut and kept in my tank took at least two days to open and some have yet to open completely. Just watch it for next couple days and then we will go from there.

thanks

Gio

alright some of you have pm'd me about the gsp not opening. The frags that i cut and kept in my tank took at least two days to open and some have yet to open completely. Just watch it for next couple days and then we will go from there.

thanks

Gio

Mine is now brown and gooey and is completely falling apart. There's white slime all over it too. :( I'll keep you posted on how it does... I can post/send pictures if you'd like.

Same here, mine just got pulled off the frag plug by a hermit... Its turning brown and falling apart. In the future I suppose it would be best to ship in the winter with a heat pack or summer with ice pack or something. Can you ship corals with insulated dry ice? I cant think of anything that would stay cold enough for 2+ days... Yesterday it was 99 degrees here...

Miami Reefer

those of you who's corals are falling apart please pm me and we'll either talk about a refund or another shipment. I've had people tell me that their coral is fine so it may be that the water just got way too hot and killed the coral.

Flying Bones
Mine is now brown and gooey and is completely falling apart. There's white slime all over it too. :( I'll keep you posted on how it does... I can post/send pictures if you'd like.

+1 :(

I don't blame the OP, stuff was obviously alive in the tank and others had success...just didn't work for everyone, including me.

Miami Reefer

I'm sorry to everyone who has had their corals die. I am in the process of refunding money to those of you I have been speaking to.

I'm only going to sell locally from now on because I don't want to risk losing anymore coral.

• 2 weeks later...

I received mine yesterday. OP shipped last Wednesday but USPS didn't deliver till 7 days later.. and I'm only about 45 minutes north of Miami. That being said the frag still had a deep purple color to it and I got it into my tank that evening. As of this morning it hadn't opened yet but the color is still a nice purple shade. Fingers crossed

Archived