Pod Your Reef

Lee's 40 Gallon Breeder (Retiring)

Lee Van Reef

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee Van Reef

So what do you guys consider the best way to get rid of liverock? I live in an apartment so the less stink the better.

Lee Van Reef
Throw it out your window into the parking lot/street. Deny all knowledge of said rock.

lol normally i would have, but my apartment maintenance guy knows my tank.

Lee Van Reef

40b152012.jpg

Moved my surviving pieces and a dead one over as well as some macro.

Also, my damned Apex hasn't shipped yet. >.<

Lee Van Reef

Brian from TB aquatics just messaged me that the Apex units are in transit to him! I should be getting it any day now!

Lee Van Reef
Looking good dude! I thought this tank had a leak in it? or crack? :wacko:

It did. It goes from the bottom bulkhead to the edge. I sandwiched it with glass and silicone and more silicone and i water tested a for a long while. I think the only reason it isnt a more serious problem is that the crack is behind the overflow box. I pretty much figure that its not bearing the full weight of the water in the tank and only the small amount in the overflow.

Thanks man!

Hopefully going to get my controller this week coming up and then too add some more coral!

Wow lookking awesome Lee. Nice job.

Thanks man! Wait untill my financial aid comes in! I'm getting some choice pieces! :lol:

What a damn long day!

Got my Apex in and installed an configured for my network and outside access. All this took about 5 hours due to alot of issues. Got some basic programming done, but I'm going to go more into it later to fine tune it! I want to do seasonal temp and lighting and what not.

I really, really want the Apex Lite for my 40B project, as well. Heck, for as much as some systems are charging for a couple of powerheads and a wavemaker - you can just get a full blown controller like the Lite.

Looking forward to your review once you get it all set-up! B)

I really, really want the Apex Lite for my 40B project, as well. Heck, for as much as some systems are charging for a couple of powerheads and a wavemaker - you can just get a full blown controller like the Lite.

Looking forward to your review once you get it all set-up! B)

TBH so far it has been one of my best purchases. The fact that I know now when anything is out of whack, regardless of where I am, is awesome. The amount of control is endless and the programming language is very intuitive. Even simple things like not having to reach around my stand to unplug my skimmer when i clean the cup are great little additions.

I will definitely do a full review after I finish the set up and have it running for a few days.

TBH so far it has been one of my best purchases. The fact that I know now when anything is out of whack, regardless of where I am, is awesome. The amount of control is endless and the programming language is very intuitive. Even simple things like not having to reach around my stand to unplug my skimmer when i clean the cup are great little additions.

I will definitely do a full review after I finish the set up and have it running for a few days.

Man, that's it. I want one.

Lookin' forward to the review...

Archived