Pod Your Reef

BKR's 14g BioCUBE...Done Right! Tank Mods...September 2012

BKR

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Guys...My hards are freaking growing and full of color and polyp extension is sick. LED's grow coral of all type, no question!!!!!

Running 80% on blues, 35% on whites. I adjust them a little lower in the morning and a little higher in afternoon and lower again at night.

I will blow your minds with the color with new pics this week!!!!

SouthFlorida_Tron

you definently got it goin on :)

havent seen you in a while! did you know i dont even have a biocube anymore? lolololol

you definently got it goin on :)

havent seen you in a while! did you know i dont even have a biocube anymore? lolololol

Been in my Place in the High Country of North Carolina, having my family stop by a couple times weekly to do my dosing and WC's and such via FaceTime...lol

I just checked out your pics, I bet you like having the extra size than the 14. I am upgrading within the next year to a 36 gallon + or- a little. Then using my 14g for frags and such.

Your tank looks awesome!!!!!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Been in my Place in the High Country of North Carolina, having my family stop by a couple times weekly to do my dosing and WC's and such via FaceTime...lol

I just checked out your pics, I bet you like having the extra size than the 14. I am upgrading within the next year to a 36 gallon + or- a little. Then using my 14g for frags and such.

Your tank looks awesome!!!!!

Exactly how I felt, MOAR space lol

Yours should look sick when u upgrade, but what will u decide on for lighting :ninja: AI? Radion? T5?

• 4 months later...

Thanks Peeps!!!. My set up still NEVER gives me problems,is always healthy, and easy to maintain. Fifteen minutes per day routine, then once a month I tighten her up to perfection and love on her a little extra for a couple hours.

I been off for a couple months from NR. Busy as all. I am going to edit my build some if needed and will post new pics.

ps. I never slack off on my maintenance EVER. So my tank always looks popping. My set up on this tanks is so perfect and easy BUT I still do my routine EVERYDAY, NO EXCUSES. Big reason NOTHING dies EVER!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is a fresh FTS. All is well with my tank at almost 2 years now. I am into the acros and hard corals but love the color of the recordia and other softies.

Read my build if you have a few minutes and let me know your thoughts. Most everything is the same plus or minus a couple creatures

:D

8034266195_6d143d6275.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14biocubeGuy

So, I'm new to this thread but it gave me A LOT of new ideas. Since reading your post I decided to run a mini refugium too including the light you listed. Just bought the cheato and installed the light this morning. Also, I am running the oceanic biocube skimmer. I have a few questions though.

-The twin lock lines... where did you find parts to match the fitting of the pre existing outlet?

-Is upgrading the return pump necessary?

-What chemicals have you been using? I just ordered Kent Marine Parts A & B off of amazon. i want to try dosing with that instead of messing around with a bunch of different chemicals.

I have L.E.D lighting from stoves leds but i can't get the right PAR. I feel like they are either too bright or to dim. I don't know how to set the dimmers. I want to grow LPS AND SPS. I love shrooms as well. I am never successful at growing corals though.

Let me know your thoughts. Love the tank btw. Looks out of this world!

Archived