Pod Your Reef

BKR's 14g BioCUBE...Done Right! Tank Mods...September 2012

BKR

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks^

The clown seems to be doing well. He eats like a pig and is a swimmer which I like. The clarkii always hide in the cave and sand he was hosting....Very nice to have a lil swimmer.

I have done a done of coral work and added some nice SPS along with fraggin some sweet pieces and trading with my neighbors on either side of me who both have reefs.

Seems like I have no ill effects from the 2 hour tank break down the other night(getting Clarkii out). All that was left in the tank was the sand and 2 inches of water. Everything was in containers in the living room but I did everything carefully and slowly and used the water out of the tank in the containers. Added back 7 gallons of the tank water and 3 fresh saltwater gallons....all is goooooooood!!!!

Pictures to come later today

6089477077_94edf4e98a.jpg

Pom Pom with eggs. My 3 Poms have been in the tank for about 6 weeks and are seemingly very healthy and their anemones as well.

Heres a few shots. I do not have the proper camera for quality shots and can't get the colors I see in person.

The Clown has claimed the froggie for now and the frags I made last week are growing crazy.

Tank is really stable right now and looking great.

6090676963_aa375a96f7.jpg

6091218194_594dfa1c30.jpg

6090685815_c2babca99f.jpg

6090676039_84271f1def.jpg

6091204054_d673b523ce.jpg

6091224452_7753545258.jpg

Just switched over to the PURA filtration pads instead of the HBH carbon coated pads that I cut and fit into my center chamber under the drip tray. I really like what the product is supposed to do cause I do not use Chemi or Purigen or Phos-gard or any of those things and never needed them but lately I've considered using those products cause my tank is maturing and today when I found these pads they have all those things incorporated in the pad. The reviews of these pads are all excellent beyond any other product I read about usually.

In ONE hour my water sparkled like I have never seen. My wife said Holy S%$# that water is freakin clear when she came home and had no idea i had done anything different.

Anyone use these or have any info on these pads that might be helpful let me know.

Those pads look neat. Any idea about how long they last?

They say change once a month...I'll clean mine out every few days and toss every couple weeks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
bwoodward0012

looking nice, very colorful. love the pom poms too. i'm setting one of these up for the wife to stock now that my bc29 is on autopilot for the cycle. i really like your lighting but don't have that money to spend with several other systems right now so im gonna try the 4x20w t5vho retro that came in the hood for the 29 and hopefully use a couple of those hybrid led t5 bulbs if the retro fits.

You have fueled my want for a 14 gallon biocube. Just need to find one for sell.

Its looking great and is giving me ideas for when I do get one.

Looking great.

Archived