inTank Media Baskets

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

animalmaster6
Like most basslets they may eat small shrimp and crabs though right?

Assessors won't. They are very reef-safe.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

I need a new pic! omgomgomg I'll get one tomorrow.

Hey AM...what do you know about panda gobies?

They need really established tanks because they rely greatly on microfauna and pods. You need a really large pod population. You can get them to eat prepared foods but it can be difficult at times. You can't keep these gobies with any large shrimp or fishes. These little guys are so small they are destined to get lost, bullied, or eaten they need to be kept in small tanks.

animalmaster6
don't they host acros?

Yeah they'll live in them, and can use them as a home but they don't need them to survive.

hey, AM i was given (i had to take it) a yellow clown goby, whats it supposed to eat? pods? can ya give me some general info on this little guy.

animalmaster6

Hey guys if anyone ever has goby questions feel free to ask or PM me. I'm glad to help.

so if i got one, do you think it would never leave it's host coral?

Possibly. It really depends on the individual.

hey, AM i was given (i had to take it) a yellow clown goby, whats it supposed to eat? pods? can ya give me some general info on this little guy.

They can be tricky to feed but it will need pods. Try to get it onto prepared foods but like i said, it's tricky. The may hard any SPS if they make a nest and home out of it but sometimes that doesn't happen.

my tank is almost a year old so i gots tons of pods. hes hosting my monti cap ATM but he'll sometimes host hairy mushrooms and war coral

Hey guys if anyone ever has goby questions feel free to ask or PM me. I'm glad to help.

Possibly. It really depends on the individual.

They can be tricky to feed but it will need pods. Try to get it onto prepared foods but like i said, it's tricky. The may hard any SPS if they make a nest and home out of it but sometimes that doesn't happen.

I'll probaly get a clown goby or two when my phos. goes down. do you think 6 fish is too much for my tank, am?

No offense Dr. Eclipse but this is AM's thread, posting pictures of your fish should be in your tank thread.

And I think he'd rather you PM him your questions, or create a thread for them. This is HIS tank thread not his question forum.

he said it was alright, if he wants me to remove the pictures i will gladly do so.

that is a Clown (Panda) Goby? It doesn't look like the LA pic or like a Panda :lol:

sorry for bad pic.. this is a Panda Goby he is 3/4". He is very small. Smaller then your pinky finger.

IMG_0018-3.jpg

IMG_0019-2.jpg

they don't have a good life span.

animalmaster6

It would be nice if you start a new thread or PM me but this doesnt bother me too much. It's the spam that ruins threads...

OMG I'm so impatient! I hear you though on the taking your time bit.

I have been eyeing reefs for almost two years now and have yet to make the plunge. Every time I really think i'm ready I read a thread and end up spending months learning something new. I know this isn't your exact situation, but patience is worth it :)

So while we're waiting patiently, what got you started in the reef world?

animalmaster6
So anyway what else do need to get this bad boy going?

Well it looks like parts of the AC are missing so I need to contact David about that.

It would be nice if you start a new thread or PM me but this doesnt bother me too much. It's the spam that ruins threads...

:huh: :huh:

I posted this yesterday as a quote. That's weird...

OMG I'm so impatient! I hear you though on the taking your time bit.

I have been eyeing reefs for almost two years now and have yet to make the plunge. Every time I really think i'm ready I read a thread and end up spending months learning something new. I know this isn't your exact situation, but patience is worth it :)

So while we're waiting patiently, what got you started in the reef world?

Firefish! I originally saw them and wanted to set up a tank just for a pair of them and now I'm obssessed :happy:

Archived