Coral Vue Hydros

Gregg's Place

Old Gregg

Haha it does seem like you're talking to a wall sometimes doesn't it? :lol: it's hard to stand out with so many tanks though, but keep at it!

Thanks about the avatar! I love it, I just wish I had made it. When I have some free time I'll probably use the same Samuel Jackson face and do something with the stomach scene in Alien.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update:

No corals were harmed in the fragging! One finger leather rejected it's location but the other three are still holding fast.

I've seen some pretty good growth in my monti cap the past 3 weeks since I've had it, it's beginning to whorl up from the center!

I've rearranged a few zoas and whatnot to give it a more filled in look. The upper left and left side of the tank isn't to my liking right now. I feel it needs more color and more movement imo. I'm thinking of trading in the finger leathers to the LFS, they aren't "wavy" enough nor do they really stand out. The GSP colony up there in the upper left doesn't have great color, I may trade that in too. Or move it somewhere else when I find a replacement for that area :)

And my apologies for not posting any pics, I'll get some up sooner or later hehe :D

Lots of pictures coming! And a nice video too once it's done uploading to youtube :D

"Purple" Mushrooms

IMG_3618.jpg

Polyps

IMG_3572.jpg

My zoas are eating the Galaxea sweeper tentacle lol

IMG_3506.jpg

Pretty Pink Paly's

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

Yellow Polyps and GSP

IMG_3616.jpg

Well folks. Here it is. The 2 month anniversary video of my tank I hope you all like it =)

And. Guess what? It's available for HD viewing! lol

>>>>>>

<<<<<<

Awesome video, what are you using to keep the camera from shaking when you move it around? Is that a blue waving hand colony or sympodium? Either way it's gorgeous. How does that angel do with all your coral? For my soon 40 upgrade, I want a red/orange fish and I've been thinking about a clown pair but I really like flame angels.

Youtube has a video editing feature which comes in very handy! You can adjust the shakiness, brightness, and even the contrast, and music! For my videos I adjusted the shakiness as desired. My camera looks horribly bright under LED's so I reduce the brightness 1 notch. And this gave it almost it's true color, except for the sand sometimes looks too bright and some rocks.

The Angel hasn't ever picked at any coral. I've heard a few negative things from some on these forums about them, but I've never had any issues. It's my favorite fish =) The blue "sympodium" are actually blue clove polyps. The fish store I got them from has beautiful, deep blue frags. In fact everything they have are ridiculously colorful and healthy.

So the source of the oily residue is still unknown... but thankfully it's cleared up just fine. The skimmer was wedged in too tight against the top overflow. This didn't let the surface water flow through the back chambers and everything just sat up there, floating on the surface yuck. So I moved the skimmer slightly back allowing the current to flow through the top and an hour later it was completely cleared up and the skimmer went insane bubbling out muck lol

And on a side note my wonderful girlfriend bought me the most beautiful brain coral for my birthday! I can't even describe the colors on this thing. It's crazy

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a problem the last week or so. Everything seems fine and dandy but the mushrooms. None of them are expanding fully and they all look like deflated ballons... I can't figure out it

• 4 weeks later...

Well the mushrooms are still kicking the bucket. I added some fresh carbon and turned off the skimmer for a few days to try and dirty up the water a bit while hopefully sucking out some harmful chemicals lol. We'll see what happened.

Oh. And I deleted a bunch of random pics on the first page so hopefully /crosses fingers, it will load faster. I think it was a bit over done lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to do some major tank reorganizing after work! Some things need more room to grow, others are in awkward spots, and some things are ready for a fragging because I'm broke and I need store credit for more coral and more frags and more reorganizing :D

I'll let ya know how it goes! Here's a pic of my brain. It's a bit out of place in the tank, but the colors are so vibrant I love it

woops forgot link

NovIphone216.jpg

I snapped a few pictures after rearranging the tank but everything was angry after being tossed around lol.

But everything is looking good. I went away for a few days for a wedding and left them in the care of my mom. She assured me her wet grandchildren would be well taken care of and they were lol.

If the lights are still on when I get home I'll snap a picture or two

• 2 months later...

Updated FTS for anyone still reading this lol. Lots of changes and growth (Curse you Anthelias). I think I'm going to focus moving away from dull colors and morph it into a more vibrant tank that pops

photo.jpg

why did you say curse you anthelias lol, i might have missed something but was just curious. Anyways nice looking tank, love all of those softies especially that brain, how much did that set you back?

They grow too fast! And my gf got me the brain for my birthday. I'm not sure how much it was, but it's awesome. I think I'll keep her :)

My brother-in-law gave me a new frogspawn, it outgrew his tank. I rearranged the tank slightly to create room for it. Overall it looks good and more balanced

• 2 weeks later...

I fragged up the Anthelias on the top right of the tank. I think that area would make a better torch garden than what it is now haha. The polyps were a bit more difficult to get out than I expected because they aren't interconnected and each individual polyp needed to be torn off. But I took them to the LFS and got me a cool paly frag for them.

Oh and my 10 inch worm swallows tiny pebbles whole. Yup. Quite creepy.

Thanks Matt :)

Archived