ReefCleaners.org

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omnomnomnom. Just tried Indian food tonight for the first time at a gala hosted by one of my classes. It was tasty! One of the girls from my class told me what everything was, so I just avoided the spicy stuff. I don't like spicy :(

I think I'm going to start a thread for my mangrove tank soon to plan.

:)

:P

Dammit get a tank stabilized first. You've got all these plans, and none come into fruition.

Omnomnomnom. Just tried Indian food tonight for the first time at a gala hosted by one of my classes. It was tasty! One of the girls from my class told me what everything was, so I just avoided the spicy stuff. I don't like spicy :(

What did you like?

I feel like I must be twisted in the head! I find myself browsing your thread just to see what kind of runs/gym sessions you've been up to! :lol: I need to get my butt back in gear after my race this weekend!

So Joel. Have the reef gods demanded sacrifice lately?

It took the 3 stripe. And by it I mean Dotty. Apparently they are much more like cichlids in that you don't want to have more of one genus in the tank or they get too conspecifically aggressive. Lesson learned, no more fish buying. I have a few irons in the fire coral wise but I'm almost done buying coral too.

I feel like I must be twisted in the head! I find myself browsing your thread just to see what kind of runs/gym sessions you've been up to! :lol: I need to get my butt back in gear after my race this weekend!

Haha, I'm glad this thread is useful for something! How long is your race?

Lol. Your dotty is bad ass haha.......I'm don't buying corals for now...until the new tanks are up them more sps for the imaginarium and more soft/lips for the lion fish tsnk. I may try to trade my way to stocked lol

It took the 3 stripe. And by it I mean Dotty. Apparently they are much more like cichlids in that you don't want to have more of one genus in the tank or they get too conspecifically aggressive. Lesson learned, no more fish buying. I have a few irons in the fire coral wise but I'm almost done buying coral too.

Thank goodness Dotty still lives!!!! What's left? Her and a blue/yellow damsel?

If I say it outloud you'll really think I'm crazy! This is the one I'm doing: http://www.umstead100.org/

:lol::o

Holy cow! That's hardcore. Props to doing it. My dad is a marathoner and we watch led a documentary on these guys that ran across the Sahara.

Lol. Your dotty is bad ass haha.......I'm don't buying corals for now...until the new tanks are up them more sps for the imaginarium and more soft/lips for the lion fish tsnk. I may try to trade my way to stocked lol

Haha nice. :) yeah dotty is awesome, which is why I'm not mad at her lol.

Thank goodness Dotty still lives!!!! What's left? Her and a blue/yellow damsel?

Dotty would live out of water, she ain't nothin' to #### wit. :lol: it's her, the blue and gold damsel, the chromis, the shrimps, lobster, and emerald.

surgicalsense

My LFS (Mark's) just got some "Dottys" in ... they are so cute. :D in person. What a really cute damsel that is. I would of never thought of it to be a damsel if I wasn't told so.

What did you like?

I don't know the names of anything I ate except butter chicken and jasmine rice :P But it was all tasty! There were these really good appetizer like things that were shaped like fries, but all they were was something similar to the batter from samosas.... So tasty. There was a really good yogurt based sauce that was kind of like tzatziki.

And Joel - sorry to hear about the three stripe :( He was cool!

Any pics of the fish? Just for fun?

Holy cow! That's hardcore. Props to doing it. My dad is a marathoner and we watch led a documentary on these guys that ran across the Sahara.

The guys from Running the Sahara are insane! Running Across America and Unbreakable are good ones too if you get a chance to watch them!

My LFS (Mark's) just got some "Dottys" in ... they are so cute. :D in person. What a really cute damsel that is. I would of never thought of it to be a damsel if I wasn't told so.

They are very pretty fish and have good personality. If you have a big enough tank they are worth the stocking and aggression headaches. :)

And Joel - sorry to hear about the three stripe :( He was cool!

Any pics of the fish? Just for fun?

It's fine, the 3 stripe hid all day anyways. Pictures will be below the next reply.

The guys from Running the Sahara are insane! Running Across America and Unbreakable are good ones too if you get a chance to watch them!

I will check them out, I'm not a huge runner so I don't get super into those movies but they are impressive. Sadly I don't think there's a movie about some one ellipticaling across the country yet. :lol:

----------

Okay, no pictures of the fish because they all swim like damsels and without an adjustable shutter I just get pissed and give up. But things have been happening:

HosIc.jpg

Real sketchy rig to keep leather in place while it attaches (they shed their slime coat when stresses so glue and epoxy alone won't do it) also not pictured, the mars rhodactis mushrooms are now in the bend of the horn where the leather was:

Xnkot.jpg

The Verrucosa and Setosa:

4lHdc.jpg

Superman and Sunset (accidentally broke the sunset completely off the mount and in two pieces, the other is near the rainbow):

c2vfe.jpg

Hopefully in at least 2 months the remaining 5 frag plugs left in the tank will be covered and I will be plug free. B) it's finally starting to look like I envisioned it.

Looks great, Joel!!!!! Nice rigging there too :)

Did you see the other day there was a posting (and I can't remember the thread title) of an amazing tank that had gorgeous colonies of sps with a ledge aquascape???? It instantly made me think of your tank. Just the potential you have with your aquascape. I hope you saw it!!!!!! I know you are tearing this one done soon, but you might save that horn for the future!!!!!

Looks great, Joel!!!!! Nice rigging there too :)

Did you see the other day there was a posting (and I can't remember the thread title) of an amazing tank that had gorgeous colonies of sps with a ledge aquascape???? It instantly made me think of your tank. Just the potential you have with your aquascape. I hope you saw it!!!!!! I know you are tearing this one done soon, but you might save that horn for the future!!!!!

I saw that tank, it was awesome. :)

This tank isn't coming down either. :) I'm in the process of teaching my parents how to keep it from crashing and then I'm going to see if my reefing friend here will do monthly or every other month water changes. Everything is just now starting to get in its grove so it will literally be put on cruise control. I will then do updates on it when I come home. I'm leaning towards not having a tank in law school, at least for the first year. I want to go in without any thing else to worry about except school. :)

I saw that tank, it was awesome. :)

This tank isn't coming down either. :) I'm in the process of teaching my parents how to keep it from crashing and then I'm going to see if my reefing friend here will do monthly or every other month water changes. Everything is just now starting to get in its grove so it will literally be put on cruise control. I will then do updates on it when I come home. I'm leaning towards not having a tank in law school, at least for the first year. I want to go in without any thing else to worry about except school. :)

Well you better stay on you makeshift lounge then! ;)

Well you better stay on you makeshift lounge then! ;)

I'll be around when I can, obviously I won't be around as much but I'm not going to forget you guys. :)

That's fantastic!!!!! I'm so glad Cape Horn will continue on :happy:

I think you will really miss being around a tank though. I totally understand your wanting to not have to worry about it during school though. Should we take bets on whether or not Joel starts a pico, once he gets to school????? :lol:

Hahahaha Gena +1, he won't stay away :P

Joel, you're lucky your parents are willing to take care of it! My mom would be too afraid to kill it. I hope you can post pics when you go home to visit occasionally, I'm really stoked to see how things grow out!

Archived