JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do the flatworms look like on the glass? :huh:

aAw75.jpg

Taken before I removed him.

You're killing the shrooms?

The flatworms on the shrooms are commensal, they will not hurt it, just piss it off. By not feeding the tank they will no longer have food that gets stuck on the the mushroom's mucus coat and starve.

I know, they are weird little guys. :D they swim really cool too. It's like they're doing "the worm."

If anyone is interested in the way I'm removing them, I'm siphoning with airline tubing. If I had more I would use the "flatworm vacuum" method where you tie a small mesh media bag to the end of airline tubing, drop that in the sump, and go over all your rocks. Infinite water to siphon out.

surgicalsense

Yesterday (after lights out) I had something about half a centimeter swimming around my tank, worm like. But the current was pushing it around and I lost sight of it. I figured it was something I did not want in my tank ;) but, I did not react quickly enough. I could of total grabbed it with my fish net, duh... :P

Thanks for the clarification, peanut.

NP ;)

Sounds like you have a flatworm too. Unless you see a lot you're not in danger. :)

Try to get it next time though, you'll be better off getting 1 out instead of 10 ;)

Sounds like you have a flatworm too. Unless you see a lot you're not in danger. :)

Try to get it next time though, you'll be better off getting 1 out instead of 10 ;)

Or you end up with the smaller photosynthetic red ones like I did. Tried the 6-line it died, the Mandy eats them though, I have seen him eat them but not fast enough. So I treated with Flatworm Exit on Christmas eve and had 20 gallons on standby JIC. All went perfect, I had no stressing of the corals nothing. Turned the Canister on after 2 hours to run the new carbon and did a WC the next day. (I of course siphoned out the ones I saw dying and even dunked a few of the rocks into the bucket to get them off too) I now don't see any, but I am probably going to treat again next weekend JIC.

I didn't post this in my thread as I was worried about a crash, I would have done a detailed account but nothing crazy happened.

You learn from the mistakes you make and then don't make them again. ;)

surgicalsense

See, that did not occur to me until now. I knew it was a worm of some type. Looked like of a light blue. I know I have a tiny red bristle worm, that is for sure.

Or you end up with the smaller photosynthetic red ones like I did. Tried the 6-line it died, the Mandy eats them though, I have seen him eat them but not fast enough. So I treated with Flatworm Exit on Christmas eve and had 20 gallons on standby JIC. All went perfect, I had no stressing of the corals nothing. Turned the Canister on after 2 hours to run the new carbon and did a WC the next day. (I of course siphoned out the ones I saw dying and even dunked a few of the rocks into the bucket to get them off too) I now don't see any, but I am probably going to treat again next weekend JIC.

I didn't post this in my thread as I was worried about a crash, I would have done a detailed account but nothing crazy happened.

You learn from the mistakes you make and then don't make them again. ;)

I'm glad it went well :) I'm glad I don't have the red ones, I've read they are the worst.

See, that did not occur to me until now. I knew it was a worm of some type. Looked like of a light blue. I know I have a tiny red bristle worm, that is for sure.

The red bristles are great for your tank, they are good janitors :)

No. There are a couple threads I follow.

I don't know everything! :P

Fine then.

Yeah Joel thanks, it did go well thank goodness! I would have been crushed if I had lost anything.

I need some bristles......

You wear panties!

The only one who knows what kind is my husband!

Shorts = panties now? Would have been sillier if you said I wore shorts or something..... everyone wears panties. :P

Joel how's the new corals doing?

Archived